What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mazar I shariff RSC line roms

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hello all,

some pictures of the mazar i shariff, line reproduced for improvement by Roms

it is the generation 2em!

the stocky plants with a moderate stretch (relative to the line in its original state distributed by real seeds company)
a very abundant resin and a flowering time of 8 to 9 weeks

the high is very nice, heat invaded the brain very quickly, very spacey, mellow! very positive! power is good

the taste is fruity citrus, with a side hashy / earthy / herbal according to phenotype

tests of chemotypes at given a rather good stability, the presence of THC, CBG and CBC was found for all phénos

the medical applications for migraines, depression, glaucoma,pain will be very good

best vibes

Attachments

• MIS 8 7 9.jpg
    MIS 8 7 9.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 124
  • _MG_4295.jpg
    _MG_4295.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 131
  • cflwhitecab 8thrun day07v 03 lg1sd in cab lights off
    cflwhitecab 8thrun day07v 03 lg1sd in cab lights off
    24.3 KB · Views: 132
  • mis3.jpg
    mis3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 133
  • mis4.jpg
    mis4.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 116
  • mis5.jpg
    mis5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 111
B

BlOoDShAnTi I

Nice work my friend and big up's to Roms for preservation and good selection!I love this MIS line.Wish it would be available again by rsc.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
MIS one of my all time favs.
I´ve grew a special cut, Katia, for a couple of years. She, of course came, from seeds that rom very kindly shared with me.
Sadly i´ve lost her in one of my many moves and the same happened to my MIS seed stock.
Yours look great, i hope you don´t mind me sharing a shot of Katia.
picture.php

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Mazar was the first indica I ever grew in 1978. It was a short plant that made resinous balls of delicious herb.
It used to taste like the flat black slabs of Afghani hash that came around in that time from the Brotherhood of Eternal Love.
I used to wonder why they bothered making hash out of it when the herb tasted so delicious. I still have those seeds, but they will not sprout for me. It was the best indica smoke I ever tasted.
Thank you for sharing this JGL.

Ranger

nice looking run jah, look very much and sound very much like the batch i ran from ACE seeds, dunno if they're related but i'm sure they are somewhere along the line.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very good job from Roms with this afghan strain and JGL also deserves the credit for his green fingers and great talent on selecting great stuff! ;)

For sure it seems to be a strain with a great potential!! This nice landraces only need some love and passion from the growers and the gold will shine sooner or later! I'm happy to see another success with some of those special RSC strains.
I need to find time to sprout the thais and kerala I have around!

Best vibes to the cannafrance squad!!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Joli report Jahg' merci :smoke:

All citrus? how many pieds poto?
Knowing Paulo's specimen Katia was salad fruit and my mother RSC was in wild strawberries...! Fu*****fruit :)
My IBLing is focused on the berries... F3ing the stuff in the coming years outdoor here at 47°N bzh ocean.

Other few F2s pix by friends around the world, thanx IC'!

Outdoor central Europe
picture.php

Outdoor Cali by Chomba
picture.php

Indoor with again Paulo's Katia
picture.php

Peace broz'

idiit

Veteran
i've grwn the rsc mis outdoors and did seed run indoors.

this is an extremely hardy strain. took 16 degrees f outdoors and was still sparky.

i've run mis from rsc (unworked) indoors for seed stock and some outdoors. mis handled 16 degree f temps (yes, sixteen degrees f). were still sparky. i found one faster flowering very resinous pheno that had good potency and crossed it into smcg. i had deer eat most but i still have one good one left in a friends personal garden. too early to tell how it'll turn out.

mis for me outdoors didn't have very good bag appeal. they sure were hardy.

i also believe that there are real gems in mis. it takes so many plants, time, risk, breeding acumen etc. to do proper breeding work. i went on to other landraces but i still have a good supply of seeds preserved for later projects.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5273927#post5273927

^ i had been surprised when it took 20 degree f. 16 degrees f was a wtf moment!

to me mis is an afghanica. i believe afghanica deserves its own classification apart from indicas.

mis ( rsc ) is dog butt ugly. the ugliness translated into the few hybrids i tried with her including smcg/mis.

mis is extremely hardy. i mean extremely hardy.

i like the hashy taste and smell. good narcotic potency. it can get pretty big outdoors with decent yields. indoors mis can take up valuable square footage for way too long to finish.

i've played with rsc mis a few times and i'm moving on to other landrace or outdoor ibl's strains for narcotic effects including malawi ( ace), heri dom hybrids, possibly angola red (lmn), and a few others yet to be checked out.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248650

now, as to the indica/afghanica/kush question:

there have been threads on this subject at ic mag before.

i don't know. i'm confused.

there is according to some a class of cannabis called afghanica that deserves its own category.

Quote:
one promising approach would be to use more discerning terminology re the four major categories of cannabis and hybrids between these categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl Mirror View Post
I have a question on the proper identification of this strain.

In Jorge Cervantes book "Marijuana Grow Basics", on page 29, it says there are four variants of marijuana.

Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, Cannabis ruderalis and, Cannabis afghanica

Should this Mazar I Sharif be regarded as an Indica or an Afghanica ?

Quote:
The truly funny thing is what we think of and call "Indica" is really C. Afghanica. C. Indica is supposed to refer to Indian cannabis, and the confusion lies in the Hindu Kush mountain range in between the two countries. Kush weed is a hybrid of Afghanica, and Indica through open pollination. Here are the four categories as listed in the book Hemp Diseases and Pests, by McPartland, Clarke, and Watson:
1. Cannabis sativa: over three meters (9ft) tall
2. Cannabis indica: one and a half to three meters (4-9ft) tall
3. Cannabis afghanica: under one and a half meters tall
4. Cannabis ruderalis: half a meter tall and autoflowering.
The afghanica dominant plants are very small, and have fat leaves,fat stems, and have very fat,greasy nuggets. Where as the indica dominant stretch, and has thin leaves,thin stem, small nuggets, and that amazing "Kush" flavor.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=143058 RollmeoneKenobi

i don't know, but it makes sense to me and could enable a better cognitive handle on the subject matter.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=259799

^ for a start. my unworked mis plants got huge,many didn't look like a typical broadleaved indica, so it doesnt fit the description of any to me. perhaps it could be called a hybrid of the basic landrace classifications. it is an indigenous landrace from the mazar i sharif region at 36 degrees north.

Latitude : 36 42' 37''
Longitude : 67 06' 37''

http://www.tageo.com/index-e-af-v-30-d-m4810702.htm

it's relatively high elevation up in the mountains; Average elevation: 361 meters (1,184 feet). there are two types of seasons in the area; extremely dry, or extremely wet. there are two mis phenos; dry girl and wet girl. in any season you can count on a mis harvest using the pure unworked landrace.

indoors the unworked rsc mis took way too long to flower. talking about tying up indoor space/time!

what roms has done is exactly what needed to be done. it looks like he isolated a very indica looking phenotype. mine did not have the very indica look to them. this indica dominate line looks to have brought down the flowering time significantly (8-9 weeks). re the rsc unworked mis; outdoors i harvested in december at 36degrees north. indoors most mis plants took forever and 2 weeks, 3 days...... :)

there is a huge difference between worked and unworked landraces.

i want to be very fair to the real seed company: they explicitly stated this was an unworked line that needed someone to work the line further. they made the seeds available at very reasonable prices as a landrace preservation project. much respect to real seed company as well!

respect to roms for this work!

OLDproLg

Veteran
Healthy plant their brother!!!

Healthy plant their brother!!!

Happy too....

Great stuff on the MAZAR folks!
Lg

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hello all,

Randy, MIS 1978, very nice and very interesting

Ranger, thx and Many thx for your report MIS ace

Many thx bro Mustafunk

Thule, the CBD is present in some individuals of the RSC line (the one in my last post in contained, but in working with Roms line found only THC, CBC and CBG!!

Roms, not all individuals do not have the smell of citrus, the majority at the hash flavor
Unfortunately few individuals, twenty
Many thx for this line and your work bro

Many thx for sharing this info idiit;)

Paulo looks very crazy, I love the MIS;)

pics others pheno, more purple

best vibes

Attachments

• _MG_4554.jpg
    _MG_4554.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4558.jpg
    IMG_4558.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4559.jpg
    IMG_4559.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4560.jpg
    IMG_4560.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 80

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I will be starting another MIS batch early next year. When the time comes i´ll share how it goes.
Thank you my dear friend, you know who ;)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Wibes Paulo, by hoping a good next outdoor season. Take care bro, security to the max!

@Idiit Hi bro
now, as to the indica/afghanica/kush question:

Quote:
there have been threads on this subject at ic mag before.

i don't know. i'm confused.

there is according to some a class of cannabis called afghanica that deserves its own category.

Quote:
one promising approach would be to use more discerning terminology re the four major categories of cannabis and hybrids between these categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl Mirror View Post
I have a question on the proper identification of this strain.

In Jorge Cervantes book "Marijuana Grow Basics", on page 29, it says there are four variants of marijuana.

Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, Cannabis ruderalis and, Cannabis afghanica

Should this Mazar I Sharif be regarded as an Indica or an Afghanica ?

Quote:
The truly funny thing is what we think of and call "Indica" is really C. Afghanica. C. Indica is supposed to refer to Indian cannabis, and the confusion lies in the Hindu Kush mountain range in between the two countries. Kush weed is a hybrid of Afghanica, and Indica through open pollination. Here are the four categories as listed in the book Hemp Diseases and Pests, by McPartland, Clarke, and Watson:
1. Cannabis sativa: over three meters (9ft) tall
2. Cannabis indica: one and a half to three meters (4-9ft) tall
3. Cannabis afghanica: under one and a half meters tall
4. Cannabis ruderalis: half a meter tall and autoflowering.
The afghanica dominant plants are very small, and have fat leaves,fat stems, and have very fat,greasy nuggets. Where as the indica dominant stretch, and has thin leaves,thin stem, small nuggets, and that amazing "Kush" flavor.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=143058 RollmeoneKenobi

i don't know, but it makes sense to me and could enable a better cognitive handle on the subject matter.
To better understand the question i think we have to mention the various Kafiristanica! Who comes from Nuristan, border of the Afghanistan and Pakistan (India). Understanding var. Afghanica for the Afghan side and indica for the Indian side... And Kafiristanica as a probably common origin?

by the way :
Liste d'espèces acceptées ou synonymes, selon Tropicos (4 févr. 2013)13 :
No var.afghanica in the list lol! Mazar is one IMHO...

idiit

Veteran
there has been some speculation that sensi seed bank's afghani #1 was a mis pheno. with mustafunk, jgl and roms on this thread i thought i would ask what's their take?