What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACTINOVATE FUNGICIDE (Grey mold, Root Rot, Damping off, Powdery Mildew )

groovee

At my local store, they sell Actinovate, and another similar product called Actino Iron. The Actino Iron seems to have a LOT more of the same active ingredient. Actinovate contains .0371% and Actino Iron contains 1.3% and the label says it also contains iron and humates.
The actino iron is measured by the total weight... meaning, 1.37% of 9oz versus .0371% of 20 gr.

Almost fooled myself on that also... thought it was a much better deal, but in reality it is not.

smog

this has been working for pm for me, but im concerned if it can cause a throat infection, i used it indoors with out a mask, it wouldnt matter has i live and sleep with the grow, it says it can be used up til the day of harvest, but i have colon problems and have done many antibiotics and fell like i have strep throat it may just be a coincidence it happened after useing actinovate

Coconutz

Veteran
Do not inhale that shit!
I would not doubt that shit would fuck you up!
Same goes with powder or sprayed anything, but especially bacteria products and pesticides...
Take full precautions homies!

BuddyBone

Just sprayed with Clean Green which is labeled for PM....it's new on the market as far as I know so we'll see what happens.

PM is a mother sometimes so I'll get some Actinovate as a back up.

I'm 6 weeks into flower and BAM, it came calling......

I found this stuff called Regalia that you can spray or water in, and it's supposed to be effective against mold and PM.

It's a plant extract that's supposed to cause the plant to produce it's own defenses against molds and PM including Fusarium.

I was told about this from 2 separate outdoor growers from Santa Cruz and Humboldt, both who had late rains and weeks of overcast, and neither got any mold or PM.

I tried it myself this year, so we'll have to wait and see if it works.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Bump..i got some actinovate so gonna see if this stuff really works

@ puff how did the regalia work out? i called and talked to the guys that sales this stuff and it sounds promising and also did a search and went to their website..this would be alot better then sprays bc it would last alot longer since it makes the plant use its own immune system

watts

ohms
Veteran
5 teaspoons per 10 gallons of ACT. Add the Actinovate after the ACT is prepared, brewed and ready to use right before watering or spraying. If not using ACT, you can use it with 2ml per gallon of hydroguard or something similar. You may use it every 10 days as a root drench.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
5 teaspoons per 10 gallons of ACT. Add the Actinovate after the ACT is prepared, brewed and ready to use right before watering or spraying. If not using ACT, you can use it with 2ml per gallon of hydroguard or something similar. You may use it every 10 days as a root drench.

hey watts have u used this for folair for bud rot prevention?

jewcebox

if you already have PM this doesnt work. just makes it worse as your hitting it with more moisture lol.

its a great preventative though, if you have PM already just use a chem and hit em with actinovate when in clones and such

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If i want to drench with actinovate how many mls per gallon do i use?

The recommended dose is by the acre, it's a little complicated to figure out.
We've been using it at 2-2.5 ml per gallon which I believe is stronger than recommended.
I try to run it every 2-4 weeks on big outdoor plants.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

The recommended dose is by the acre, it's a little complicated to figure out.
We've been using it at 2-2.5 ml per gallon which I believe is stronger than recommended.
I try to run it every 2-4 weeks on big outdoor plants.

I've been vegging in a cold closet and I think I have varying degrees of fusarium or pythium in my vegging plants. I picked up some Actinovate and also Serenade to use as a root drench to hopefully clear it up. Do you think it's safe to exclusively use thw actinovate and return the serenade to the store? Also, what is the best application rate for getting rid of bad fungus versus just a preventative?

Thanks

watts

ohms
Veteran
For a foliar mix you can use 1 teaspoon of Actinovate SP with ½ Tablespoon Serenade per gallon of non-chlorinated water. Spray every 7-14 days. Not sure if you could use this mix as a root drench but I wouldn't. Just use the Actinovate if using as a root drench.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Neem + K Sil + essential oils = no more mold or PM.
No need to reinvent the wheel.

Adjust the blend of essential oils to your environment(s) and strains

:peacock:

ps,
I've purposefully let some plants get PM just to prove to myself that this works as both prevention and rememdy.
It works.
If youre worry about affecting your extracts using cold pressed neem oil then skip that and use the K Sil and essential oils.
I stop spraying 10 days from harvest if im fighting an infestation. Otherwise, i stop spraying at budset.
PM free in the PNW :tiphat:

Neem + K Sil + essential oils = no more mold or PM.
No need to reinvent the wheel.

Adjust the blend of essential oils to your environment(s) and strains

:peacock:

ps,
I've purposefully let some plants get PM just to prove to myself that this works as both prevention and rememdy.
It works.
If youre worry about affecting your extracts using cold pressed neem oil then skip that and use the K Sil and essential oils.
I stop spraying 10 days from harvest if im fighting an infestation. Otherwise, i stop spraying at budset.
PM free in the PNW :tiphat:
Can you elaborate on what specific "essential oils" you use with the K-sil? I would like to try it out minus the neem, for previously stated reason.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
No problem,
Rosemary, thyme, lavender, garlic, lemongrass, cinnamon. But mostly the first three.
Next run i want to try making my own blend of Thieves' oil -- if it worked against the bubonic plague it ought to work for mites and PM, and botrytis