What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Seeds = Budget Strains or Junk

neongreen

Veteran
HEY FIRSTIMER.
I grew out Gypsy's Hindu Kush a couple years ago. It kicked ass.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....llery/showphoto.php?photo=367689&ppuser=12131

I didn't grow any out, but gave some to a friend who grew it out, and crossed it with a skunk line he'd kept going for some years.

I made the mistake of putting too much of the HK x Skunk into a joint, and ended up physically unable to get up from the couch for over an hour. I'm no lightweight either!

May as well have been smoking pure hash :joint:

I'm not sure I'd want to smoke pure hash made from that plant :D

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Nirvana's White Widow did pretty well for me outdoors in a wet climate, 3/3 germination too. Strangely it was the fan leaf stems that caught the mold instead of the budsites so I lost very little final weight to mold, it did play a part in a slightly early harvest though. Cheap beans and a very good smoke :yes:

H

hard rain

I recently got gifted some citral and have a couple growing now. Has anyone grown these and could they tell me what they're like?

Thanks hr.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
I tend to stay away from nirvana's strains because they are all skunk hybrids...

I think they cost so little because you can't reproduce them in seed form easily, thus having to buy them again if you liked it.

I germinated some Nirvana Afghani and some Pure Power Plant from 2008. All germinated and from last season the Afghani was potent but nothing special, Pure Power Plant has been a nice find. Can grow a spring crop here, the smoke is up and very potent. Would buy from Nirvana again.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive grown papaya - great smell and potent smoke - especially if you veg it for a while.
finished mid oct in my greenhouse.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I just harvested my ICE from Nirvana. Grown with 200+ watts of CFL under 24/0 lighting for 30 days and 12/12 lighting for 75 days. 3 plants harvested, 1. 10 grams 2. 25 grams 3. seeded plant no estimate at the moment. No smoke report, I haven't tried it yet. Main cola, lower buds, and branch buds we're packed white with resin. Production variance due to plant #2 in hot spot with better light coverage.

Have more NRS strains and will be getting others.

K

Kola Radical

Papaya, Blue Mystic, Cali-O, all top notch in my experience. I would not hesitate to buy more Nirvana beans, especially since I am not rich and can't afford the 200 dollar strains.
For my money, it's Nirvana, Mandala, and the Fem 5 packs from Big Buddha and CH9.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
I believe that Nirvana's seed makers have access to, and use the best parental stock that is available anywhere.

The varieties are very true to the character, vigourous, and great yeilders. They seem to have a very good female to male ratio too. They always produce flavorful, aromatic flowers.

Can't compliment them highly enough.

jocat

hey RW, i have some of nirvannas B 52 going right now! i got the beans for christmas and there doing good, out of 6 sprouts i got 5 girls, ya!, seems there's a real tall pheno, and a shorter one also, i would recomend flowering before they fill out more than a 3rd of your allowed height, there stretching like crazy... if the size of the stem/general plant is any indication, there's gona be some big buds from these ladies. he.he. jc

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres several ppl starting to mention the Aurora indica as a very potent lady
i think i might just have to try her soon

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres several ppl starting to mention the Aurora indica as a very potent lady
i think i might just have to try her soon

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Well, over the years I have tried many of Nirvana strains and to this day, I still enjoy looking through a pack of their gear since its at such a reasonable price. :yummy: I think to buy there seeds now is kind of a hit or miss w/ the germ rates, depending on how popular the strain is/was, which in turn may leave the not so popular selling strains sitting around for long periods of time before being sold. In the past I have grown AK48, JackHorror, MasterKush, Bubblicious, Durban Poison, NL x BB, and WhiteWidow. I have had great results w/ them all except the NL x BB, which just wasnt a great smoke, not very potent and the ladies I had took on the BB characteristics in the cross (the BB used wasnt the higher quality old school BB from what I've read). Their WW is great smoke and a great yielder, but I have seen them through out nanners late in flower under any conditions. I have recently grabbed some BlueMystic, AuroraIndica, Ice, and WhiteRhino from SeedBay during their last weekend special to continue the search. :canabis: I have had terrible germ rates w/ the BlueMystic and have 1 seedling out of an entire pack. :wallbash: None of the other seeds even cracked open - completely still born. I have had some better germ rates w/ the WR (3/4) and have yet to pop the others (fingers crossed). This is the 1st time I bought Nirvana gear from the Bay and I think that some of the beans are just getting too old. But for $20 a pack, this recent experience won't stop me from searching. So, to answer your question FirstTimer, NO Nirvana gear is definitely not junk! Their seeds may be getting up in age from the Bay/Boo now-a-days (so the bad germ rates are not Nirvana's fault), but there are definitely some gems to be found in a pack or 2 or 3 of Nirvana's gear. Just be sure to look around 1st for the strains that have not been germing lately, BlueMystic being one of them. Best of luck! Just my :2cents:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh,, Moroc x Afghan germ "speed" was very slow.....very very slow...but 8/10 poped and sprouted is fine by me,,,,,,

they took a lil over a week to germ...

Really?

Ok, I am new to this whole growing thing but have been smoking for years. For those who have smoked a variety of the Nirvana strains, what would you recommend for potency in their line up?

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Ok, I am new to this whole growing thing but have been smoking for years. For those who have smoked a variety of the Nirvana strains, what would you recommend for potency in their line up?

From what I've read, Id say WhiteRhino or AuroraIndica have been mentioned as VERY potent strains. From the strains I have grown, I'd recommend the JockHorror, AK48, or WhiteWidow.