Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Another Haze thread ...

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Another Haze thread ... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2018, 11:51 PM #11
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like you found a male that suits your needs, great to hear. Can you describe any traits on the male 3 that could help guide someone for selection or was it all just progeny testing?

Old 01-14-2018, 10:08 AM #12
JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of light
Male 3 was the most vigorous and had some of the thinnest leaves. The leaf shape was also slightly different. He really was different than all the others. Easy to spot I would say.
But the reason I kept him was because I had been able to smell something special in there, when he was 3 weeks old from seed. Not from stem-rubbing but out of the leaves. Smell that I haven't been able to reek again on him since.

I think you can smell it if you know what you are looking for. But this was one out of 40+.
JohnnyChicago is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 10:12 AM #13
JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of lightJohnnyChicago is a glorious beacon of light

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:13 AM #14
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChicago View Post
Nice photos & thread, I’ve found w Haze, the more disproportionate the middle leaf is longer than to all others, the better chance of finding old school incense phenos, quality, uniqueness and a step back into past.

When did you source from MNS, I think the when is key there to find grail like NLD potential within some of the hybrid lines
led05 is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2018, 09:17 AM #15
JohnnyChicago

2009 Afghan Haze
2010-2012 NH X Mango, NL5 Haze, Mango Haze

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM #16
JohnnyChicago

OH week 10

3 Original Hazes side by side

fasciated OH

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:15 AM #17
JohnnyChicago

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:05 PM #18
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
View Image
OH week 10

View Image
3 Original Hazes side by side

View Image
fasciated OH

View Image

I find the fasciated in quite a few strains, do you like it, aside from Sam's OP on the matter which everyone seems to enjoy citing?

Personally I don't, I think fasciated plants, although vigor is there, they are too leafy, too much leaf growth vs bud
led05 is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2018, 03:17 PM #19
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to all
Quote:

Im not a lucky guy and I have lost years of time (and $$$) with MNS Hazes and other hazes that have been hyped over the years.

I'm not saying you have to grow Original Haze. There are no seeds available anymore, so this is not an option. Im just comparing the pure Hazes I have tried, and giving my opinion on the incense trait.
Mns hazes are a total shit shoot but when and if you are lucky enough to find a good one it's a game changer. However nothing is more depressing than putting in all of the work only to get a few mediocre plants that smell like pee. Been there done that.

Barney's grinspoon has been far and away better than any haze I have grown by mns. I found a keeper in my first 5 seeds, it's got the hazey incense goodness and finishes in about 11 weeks. It's full able to finish outdoors in new england too.
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:23 PM #20
led05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug_Pepe View Post
Mns hazes are a total shit shoot but when and if you are lucky enough to find a good one it's a game changer. However nothing is more depressing than putting in all of the work only to get a few mediocre plants that smell like pee. Been there done that.

Barney's grinspoon has been far and away better than any haze I have grown by mns. I found a keeper in my first 5 seeds, it's got the hazey incense goodness and finishes in about 11 weeks. It's full able to finish outdoors in new england too.

when was the Grinspoon sourced, do you believe the current available form is consistent with your comments above? I'm intrigued...

MNS prior to 2010-11 I find have much better odds to find supreme quality than say 2013 on.....

Tnx
led05 is offline Quote