What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

Oneiros

Where can I find this? I recall this used to be available on the ACE website, but I've not seen it anywhere since the recent price change.

S

scai

Some of us lucky ones grabbed few seeds while they were on sale.
I must say, that this is a line that Dubi could sell for years.
I'm very satisfied with few Kalichinas that I have coming on now...Very nice mix this one is...
Very sturdy plants and they are budding very nicely.
Sorry mate, that they went out of reach...limited edition...some Vietnam Black Thai I grabbed from Attitude, cos they are not in Ace catalog any more...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Oneiros,

Kali China was a 2012 limited edition, we still have some stock left from previous version if you are interested but not enough stock to be listed in our website. Anyway the previous versions didnt reach yet my ideal of the potential of the strain, it produced very nice yielding and friendly indoors plants but i still want to improve more the aroma in the line.

I just finished a new Kali China selection, and finally found the desired mum after the inbreeding process to continue with the strain selection. The selected mum has the fast flowering and indica structure i was looking for, with an amazing creamy sweet tropical terpene profile .... an exotic mix of mango, sweet and sour, creamy, incensey, spicy and woody aromas. Very complex, unique and well balanced terpene profile. The high is as close to my ideal of the strain, will continue the work on this way and try to offer the final desired Kali China seed form i had in mind since 2005 but still lot of work to do :)

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm very interested in the Kalichina Dubi. Looking forward to trying it in this version or the next... either way, it will happen:)
I need to order Bangi Haze anyway, might try to score a pack of these too. If Oneiros didn't buy all of them!

S

scai

picture.php

KaliChina on left.
Mind you, we went for a holliday for two weeks and only one led was left on, (due fear of fire)
And that must have affected the flowering, which is still good, considering the circumstances.
I keep it gowing now, from cuttings.
But if Dubi releases a new batch, I 'll be buying

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Structure looks pretty good, like good yields could be achieved indoors.
Thanks for showing!

S

scai

It is a very nice plant.
Inspite of this mistake....
I have been reading that Mandala section and tips for soil, and I realize..I overfertilize!
Deffinately, so it's time to turn a new page...much less fertilisers for girls...

P.S Girl is fattening up, it's three times thicker now than that picture...
Really, really nice.

S

scai

Damn, I did chop her, and didn't remember to take pictures.
Large colas, very nice structure, and I did take some clones.
And very happy about that, cos she was/is a good cropper.Keeping one around in future.

I would recommend anytime.

And I believe Dubi has been satisfied with it too?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings scai,

I'm so glad you like her ;) Of course, I am quite satisfied with the Kali China limited edition released past year and the Kali China x Orient Express hybrid as well ... but i think now, after the new selections, the line has the potential to be improved a lot.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does that mean that there will be another Kalichina releases in the future? The descriptions of it make me want to grow it very badly :)

S

scai

Greetings scai,

I'm so glad you like her ;) Of course, I am quite satisfied with the Kali China limited edition released past year and the Kali China x Orient Express hybrid as well ... but i think now, after the new selections, the line has the potential to be improved a lot.

Heheh, Well, if you can improve her, it's wonderfull ;)
'cos I was very satisfied with her like she is now.
I mean she is very good inside grown, under lights, lets see what happens outside in summer

Some of my friend said Wow! when they saw her, and it really wasn't my best grow (Two weeks under weak led when I was abroad, and still yilded well)

Have some cuttings coming on now, and I intend NOT to overfertilize, like I have a habbit ;)
And I feel they will improve still.

Given cuts to other people and waiting for response, and I have a feeling it's not gone be bad ;)
It is a very nice plant really, and if you make an other go, I can recommend for sure.

People need to grab these too. It's a bargain ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a kali china flower close to harvest :)

Fast flowering hybrid of indica behaviour, the aroma is a mix of exotic incense and tropical juice, with woody and hashy aftertaste. Effect is a bit narcotic, good to chill out but much more psychedelic than afghani based indica hybrids like new era kushes.

Attachments

• kali china.jpg
    kali china.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 16
Hello

Nice to see this thread without any of the extra fat. More nice to see a friend :)
You really do enjoy and ambassador this strain scai,
Dubi i can tell you that Scai speaks nothing but positive things on the kalichina as a fitting strain for indoors. I believe the gifts she gave me had been from the limited edition work Dubi. I have one running currently and under LST, not topped.

Great response to the LST, more bud sites. Smells a bit from just touching the stalk and also purpling stems. Am running her next to a afghan kush, she needs less attention then the afghan OR she rarely shows signs of uneasyness so far.

Bless1

will share pics soon

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi outhereinthesun :)

Yeah, i think scai likes Kali China a lot. I'm glad she is spreading the word about Kali China, i think it's a strain that deserves more attention, this project took me almost 10 years to reach a point that i like, i have spent lots of resources and time with her but i'm enjoying the way a lot, she is getting better and better, and more stable with every new generation. I'm testing now the new parental plants selected from the latest selection and i'm very happy with the outcome. I'm very enthusiastic to produce and test a new inbred generation, also to try these new parental plants in outcrosses.

Ahoy Dubi

I can only wish you great man. sounds like a plan. I have one running and light stress trained. The response is beautiful and really nice on the eye. I just flipped so should be able to see if its a f/or M but i did spot a few pistils the other day.

Is the strain known to show preflower early?
Under 400w 10 on 14 off it showed the pistils so i was actually thinking it might be stressed and prone to herm.

2 days in 12/12 now so ill let you know.

gallery_2701_92_53385.jpg

S

scai

So, looks like I'm testing fems this summer ;)
I'm looking forward to it now, thanks to Dubi.

It would be very interesting to see how KaliChina has improved.What Dubis work has done to this strain.

In winter I always wonder what I'm going to grow in summer, and slowly, bits are falling in their places. It all sort of comes together and it's always quite plenty of Ace :D
This summer it's mostly Tikals different versions, Back to Congo, Kali China and Bubba x Hashplant...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some?
Looking really forward..

This summer my autos will be medical ones.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
In winter I always wonder what I'm going to grow in summer, and slowly, bits are falling in their places. It all sort of comes together and it's always quite plenty of Ace :D
This summer it's mostly Tikals different versions, Back to Congo, Kali China and Bubba x Hashplant...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some?
Looking really forward..

This summer my autos will be medical ones.

I grew guerrilla for nearly 30 years. These days I don't run through the jungle fast enough -- but I really miss it.

Ace genetics are pretty much what I am concentrating on now.

I've got one lone Kali China to drop. I'm going to veg her until my Bangi Haze are ripe - maybe 8 weeks. I hope she gets some size.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts