What's new

how long to decarb cbd bho?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
im going to infuse coconut oil with 70% cbd bho. i need to decarb.would it be good to just get oil to temp then add cbd-bho to the hot oil keeping at 250? hold temp for how long?
what would be the best way to make the 14 gram batch into edible oil/
i was going to test the cooking oil afterwards at lab so that the gram of test material would be wasting less precious cbd oil.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
put CBD extract into oil bath 240 degrees. keep it there until it bubbles off all the CO2.
it will foam like beer in the beginning, when it tapers off to champagne like bubbles it is finished.
cut it with other oils after the decarb while it is hot.
get a tare weight on your glass so you can weigh after decarb and get an accurate measure.

time will depend on the size of the batch 15-20 minutes.

this is heated on the top of a wood stove in the middle of the process.
picture.php

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Thanks chunky it would have taken me all night reading to feel like I was sure what I was doing. That sounds legit. I'll do it in a bath of oil with a cookie thermometer.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
What is the percentage of loss usually and what is it you are losing from the oil. I get that you are losing carbon dioxide but is it enough loss to weigh on a gram scale? In only starting with 14 grams of oil.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it will depend on how fresh your herb is.
I usually dewax before I decarb and you might lose 20%-ish, strain dependent.

My wife and I decarb at 240 deg. F in the oven for 40 minutes and watch for the bubbles to slow right down then the decarb is done.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
so i guessed it to be a certain percent and then went from there aiming for what i endup deciding to shoot for is 420 milliliters of olive oil at the rate of 20 milligrams cbd per milliliter oil. thats what i got. i was surprised i got it right.
it worked. seriously 1 mil was exactly 20 milliliters first try. that means i went from what was likely a 70% bho to a 60%'s worth of thc by milligram after heat method of decarb.
lucky guess really. lol but i was set back for a spell.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
brought the oil bath to 235-240 put a jar lid for the class measuring cup to sit on. lowered in the oil and raaised heat til it aproached 245 ussually 245 once 2250nad once maybe for a second,then got carefull andwatched it bubbble of good at 240-245then as it fizzled we jumped into a solid 245-250.it slowed way down i lwt cool .

i figured 70% of 14,000 miligrams(14 gframs bho) 9800 miligrams
reduce to 60% for loss rather 70% is 8400 miligrams /20 mgs=420 =

420 migs at 20 mgs per 1 mil or 100 mgs per teaspoon.

jump /injack

Veteran
put CBD extract into oil bath 240 degrees. keep it there until it bubbles off all the CO2.
it will foam like beer in the beginning, when it tapers off to champagne like bubbles it is finished.
cut it with other oils after the decarb while it is hot.
get a tare weight on your glass so you can weigh after decarb and get an accurate measure.

time will depend on the size of the batch 15-20 minutes.

this is heated on the top of a wood stove in the middle of the process.
View Image

That picture says it all, I've read all of Gray Wolf's stuff about doing this but with out that picture of frothing could never really get a feel of what he was doing, he talks about the bubbles but I had no idea it bubbled like Champagne. Thanks Chunkypigs.