What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scared Newbie Needs Advice

JanieHW

After three years of feeliing like crap and being mostly ignored by MDs, I saw a Naturopath doctor who discovered I have elevated liver enzymes. Took those test to a new MD, who admonished me for wasting my money with the natural doc, ran her own tests and yes, I have liver disease. I also suffer from horrible joint pain. Still don't have a diagnosis, but I'm guessing autoimmune problems.
As far as I can tell, the medicine I take for the joint pain, has/is/will negatively affect my liver, so I'm considering cannabis as an alternative.
My problem is - I'm old. The last time I bought, I was in my early 20s. I have NO idea of how to source, buy, or even how much to pay, much less what to ask for in the completely dizzying amount of varieties. I'm in a state that allows medical marijuana, but as a far as I can determine, my illness won't qualify.
Does anyone have any general advice? (My kids who are young adults are pretty straight-laced and would be abhorred to know this is something I am thinking about.)

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Find a cannabis friendly doctor(they often advertise), get him or her to write you a prescription and ask him or her which medicine he would recommend. Indica is good for the body and pain relief, muscle relaxation, reduces spasms, helps with sleep and is usually low anxiety. Sativas are good as mood elevators, help with depression. I would suggest something with a high CBD content in your case, the lower the psychoactive ingredients the better. Good luck!

PS: If you don't want to smoke try some tinctures. :)

Janie, check out pheonix tears website and Rick Simpson fb page he has a lot of info on his fb page but often responds to questions. There is no doubt in my mind that if you followed the Rick Simpson cancer treatment protocol all your issues will be resolved. In comparison to your issues I know people that are facing off with a much more lethal opponent, CANCER and these people walk over your issues with out hardly noticing. Not saying you are a whiner I am saying your issues can certainly be devastated and eliminated by RSO. Good Luck and hope you have a happy and long life!

JanieHW

In comparison to your issues I know people that are facing off with a much more lethal opponent, CANCER and these people walk over your issues with out hardly noticing.!
Thanks for the advice, cannabacca, and you are right - there are sicker people out there. I just want to do whatever it takes to get healthier, and to live without this pain that limits my life. I watched my dad die of liver and kidney disease and there is no way I am going down the same path.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I have similar issues, autoimmune meds whacked liver, docs prescribe stronger meds.

what med state are you in?

I went to California and got a card and my meds there for several years before I grew my own.

you need to find strains where you can handle the side effects and still function.
energetic sativa types in the morning that give way to lethargic indicas before sleeping.

if your state has a program there are doctors there somewhere who will write a rec for anyone.
if they advertise in the back pages of the free press they will give you a card if you pay the fee and have a decent story.