What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Medical Cannabis oil can cure a 4yrs old GDD patient?

chinojames

Hi to all.

I have a son who has been diagnose of a Global Developmental Delay. he is turning 4yrs old now and he doesn't walk, talk, eat and his having seizure. his taking valproic acid as a maintenance medicine for his seizure. i would like to try cannabis oil for his medication but i am having a hard time convincing my wife. i am planning not to inform my wife a start the medical cannabis for my son. my question is, is their a negative effect if my son taking valproic acid and cannabis oil at the same time? my son taking valproic acid 4ml two times a day and i am planning to give my son cannabis oil once a day. its that ok?

Thanks for replies.

I can't answer on the pharmacology...

But personally I think you shouldn't behind your wifes back.
Even if CBD oil (non psychoactive ) or rick simpson oil (the psychoactive stuff that treats certain cancers) works, you have deceived your partner and lies create problems long term.
Its a tricky situation though... what would I do if I were in your shoes. .. show her all the evidence. Try CBD first because it doesn't get you high. Emphasize that and how its worked for other children. Get a doctor to tell you about that drug and its interaction with cannabis (can't imagine it being contraindicated but I'm not a pediatrician)

Level headed communication would be my first choice. If logic / reason no longer work and you are 100% confident this treatment is beneficial then you two have a conflict of interest. I hope you guys can figure this out together and find something that works for everyone.

Depends on where you live. You can also buy it online. If its not from the plant its legal. If it is you need to have medical.

Or make your own from high CBD strains... Charlottes web, cannatonic, etc

jtm

Some kind of shaman
Veteran
Or simply use hemp. I use it often for CBD/CBDa oil. However, if you have at your disposal only strains with THC/CBD > 0.1 (1:1 for example, like CBD Crew stuff for example), I would advocate using them not decarbed first, as in this way they are much less psychoactive. In this way, you may also convince your wife that this will not harm your child and, from my experience, they may work very well.

blastfrompast

Veteran
There is a child in Canada with Dravet's who's mom is quite vocal.

His mom is Mandy Mcknight, she has a seizure FB group that might be better suited to your needs, try joining her FB group and asking the question.

Oh and talk to your wife about it....CBD is NON-psycho-active.

Just a suggestion.

Use something like Harlequin it is not psychoactive and yes decarb the Harlequin ! this RSO links to our endocannabinoid system which is responsible basically for the health and well being of our bodies. Nobody knows just exactly what will happen when you take properly prepared RSO but what does happen is all positive ! If there was anything what so ever negative about RSO believe me the neigh sayers would be all over it blasting their shit out over every news outlet that would help them do so and discredit RSO, but that data does not exist. I would encourage anybody that has a serious health issue to take time off from your work and do the RSO cancer protocol the detoxification and health benefits of this stuff for sick people is really amazing. In my experience the RSO seems to awaken the endocannabinoid system which then goes on to return your system to a normal healthy function, go for it !

jtm

Some kind of shaman
Veteran
Harlequin strain is psychoactive if decarboxilated, like all cannabis strains with (almost) equal ammounts of THC and CBD:

https://www.leafly.com/sativa/harlequin

I tried RSO from such strains and I barely found the way to bathroom when I went to pee! The only non psychoactive RSO is the one from some hemp strains (not all of them, but definitely the chemotypes 3, 4 and 5) or from nondecarboxilated cannabis.

Of course, when you have a serious health issue, you should try anything but, for a child, I would try first RSO from nondecarboxilated cannabis, and only if this does not works, I would switch to decarboxilated products.

If for an adult THC does not pose so many problems, for a child will do but, facing a bigger problem, it is clear what one will choose...

It is true that this (nondecarboxilated RSO) is hard to get, as it implies not only to not decarboxilate the cannabis but to work with the oil under vacuum, at low temperatures (40-60C).

Last edited:
Just follow the Rick Simpson protocol just go to his facebook page and ask ! I did I was a little supprised to see he was actually taking the time to personally respond but what the hell how can you not like that ? Everybody needs to asses their own situation, I can say that to date I have only seen overwhelmingly positive response to RSO and nothing negative. In many situations it's a no brainer to use RSO or not to use RSO, If the oncologist tells you with successful treatment you will live a couple more years ! and your under 30 years old are you going to try RSO or are you going to just go home and die because RSO is not scientifically proven in clinical studies ?

jtm

Some kind of shaman
Veteran
Just follow the Rick Simpson protocol just go to his facebook page and ask ! I did I was a little supprised to see he was actually taking the time to personally respond but what the hell how can you not like that ? Everybody needs to asses their own situation, I can say that to date I have only seen overwhelmingly positive response to RSO and nothing negative. In many situations it's a no brainer to use RSO or not to use RSO, If the oncologist tells you with successful treatment you will live a couple more years ! and your under 30 years old are you going to try RSO or are you going to just go home and die because RSO is not scientifically proven in clinical studies ?

Please read carefully before giving an advice: he is not talking about cancer, but about something else, the dillema is about a family situation, and the subject is a child, not an adult!

Neh.... I'm not giving medical advice I'm giving advice from 1 person who's family has benefited from RSO to an extent I hope you can never comprehend, RSO interacts with the system responsible for your health and well being it does not attack and kill anything, it seems to some how refresh your own health and immune system to where it was 20 years ago as Rick Simpson has said himself. Is Rick Simpson a DR. ? no he is certainly not nor does he ever pretend to be, ... BUT he is probably the most experienced person on the planet in using RSO to treat health problems in people by far so what do you want to go with ?? A lot of experience or a lot of theory ? Weigh out the consequences of either action or inaction the answer is clear.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
there are several Facebook groups for parents using pediatric cannabis therapy. thousands of members with lots of experience.