What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Secret jardin dr90

SecretJardin90

Hi guys,

I was just looking for a little advice if possible please , Im looking to start my first indoor tent this year a jardin dr90. Ive done a few seasons outdoor now so have a relativity good idea of whats what.
Setup is 400w Mh for veg and 400watt hps for flowering, i was looking to use boi bizz allmix soil with a bit extra perlite and the bio bizz nutes to go with and this is what ive used outdoor with good results.

Basically i was looking for an idea of what strain to go into it, was looking to do 4 plants in 16l smart pots in 90cmx90cm. Obviously im only working with 180cm head room minus the space you've gotta have between light and top cola.
So i need something short but strong on the CBD with a decent but not huge yield :/ wanted to do all 4 the same strain first time round to save complications.

I know thats quite specific but thats what im looking for

Hope to hear back from you Peace and thanks for reading....

Tri_Cho_Me

I would go to an online seedbank and snoop around. I know several, if not most, have the ability to filter on the seeds they carry based on some, if not all of the requirements you laid out. Indoor, medium yield, high CBD.

If you have a smart phone. Download Leafly. Pretty decent site that highlights many many strains and has in-depth information on each.

Hope this helps!

Tri_Cho_Me

SecretJardin90

Have had a brief look around was just seeing if any one had any experience with a strain similar :p Ill go have a deeper look, thanks for the advice

M

meowmeowmeow

I ran LapPlata Labs - CBDGOG out of Durango, CO 2 runs ago.
Not sure on the ratio of thc/cbd , but it was very indica, sweet & I have more so def running it again.
Thru training I believe you can achieve the height you need with most indica or kush leaning strains.
Acquiring genetics is better done within your home country, so my advice would be poke around to avoid green tape.
I've found plenty of UK, US and Canadian based outfits with decent strains available.
CBD content wasn't something I could test, but will have the ability soon.

Good Luck.

Del_9_THC

If the light is air-cooled or cool tube, and you have good ventilation (fans) you won't have any problems in that tent. That is a 3x3x6 foot tent. The tents I have seen are pretty well designed, but I built my own grow box some time ago, so I have no need for one. But if I was starting I would probably get one.

Re: genetics...I,would say first determine the maximum height you have remaining after taking into account how low the lights hang, height of the pots/grow containers, the distance between the plants and light you want to maintain, etc before you flower them. If,you have say three feet (90 cm) then you might want to flower them at about 1 foot (30 cm). This would give you about 2 feet of stretch in flower to,stay within you height requirements.
Note: the above heights a pre simply an example...you could look,at,seed,vendors,for,which strains stretch more during flower than others and buy ones which meet,your requirements..

If you are adventurous, I would suggest you scrog, lst, supercrop, or use other methods of increasing yields and keeping plant heights down. If you are new to growing, then you may want to give this a miss. (Scrogging involves growing the plants through a mesh to maximize light use into producing buds and making effective of the grow canopy. It requires some training of the plants. Super cropping involves snapping upper shoots to let lower ones grow up and increase the canopy....Breaking plants can be disturbing to a new grower....it certainly was for me when I first tried this and I had been growing for 30 years when I first tried it!! ....look up these terms to get a better description)

Good luck!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran LapPlata Labs - CBDGOG out of Durango, CO 2 runs ago.
Not sure on the ratio of thc/cbd , but it was very indica, sweet & I have more so def running it again.
Thru training I believe you can achieve the height you need with most indica or kush leaning strains.
Acquiring genetics is better done within your home country, so my advice would be poke around to avoid green tape.
I've found plenty of UK, US and Canadian based outfits with decent strains available.
CBD content wasn't something I could test, but will have the ability soon.

Good Luck.

You may not be able to test for amount but you can test for presence of CBD at home.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288029

M

meowmeowmeow

MJ I just sold my house in 1 day ca$h and have already staked claim in Colorado....no worries here, but thanks for the link. :biggrin:

And I'm not a douche bag, so haters I pay taxes & hold down a job.