What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grower please don't flame me M.O.B.

Blaze_420

Hello.

This is my first real post and I am just looking for a simple answer. I got a cut of M.O.B. I'll never find or get another. I am very very poor and what's worse very sick how I'm not dead yet surprises me. Anyway, despite that I have One Love and one thing I care about and that's nature and IMO the most beautiful thing on earth is the cannabis plant. It's leaf shape it's nodes stems flowers on males, smells, look everything about it is beautiful.

Back to why I'm posting. I can only afford the cheapest stuff and because of my sickness and situation I can barely ever get to the grow shop let alone get anything useful.

I have in 1 small area one 2x4 or something like that T5 that takes up my entire top and a broken but working small clamp desk fan and to cover the broken disgusting walls in there I covered em with tinfoil as I can't afford a space blanket or anything else. I have fox farm happy frog soil and the 3 general fox farm nutes big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom. That's about it besides a measuring cup and the 3 gallon pot/drip pan. There was no door to the closet so I put up a sheet to keep it covered. That's it. I do not understand a lot of terms but that's aside from the point. I don't care about yield as I can only do 1 at a time and as I love the plant more than life itself it's worth it to me.

What I'm simply wondering is if I try to throw in a 42w cfl that gives off 2700 lumins some weeks idk 4 or 5 into flower(I consider flower when u switch to 12/12) will it cause the growth speed to increase at all? I was told MOB Mother Of Berries is fast flowering but I don't keep track no calander but I know I switched to 12/12 in late July early Aug and it looks nowhere close to being done anytime soon. Supposed to be a 50-60 day flower strain.
Is the lack of light slowing down the growth? I know what I have isn't recommended at all for flowering but I never was told it could make flowering time double just from 1 T5.
To me it looks like shit and I think got way too big. I topped it as soon as I got it to stay small the tops grew huge and didn't start flowering till awhile after the switch.

I'm trying to follow the feeding chart but I have one from a mag the hydro shop tore out for me and my downloaded feeding chart are different both for soil. One has me using grow big(the main vedge nute) all through flower till the tail end the other says stop using it early. I'm confused. I still only see white hairs with a tiny bit of orange no calyxs or any thickening of bud sites just slowww growth.

I can't check my ph but I know that's not the issue. My leaves look healthy besides one single fanleaf showing burnt tips and my veins are halfway lime green from the center area.

If I can just find out what's causing this I'd die a happy man growing one good girl before I die from this infection I've been in the ER for over 20 times this year with 3 admissions and no one willing to listen to me or run appropriate tests. I cab feel my upper body cooking itself and pain everywhere and bloating and burning that because of an xray or cats can when it's not bloated or irritated ignored and told it's nothing. I've asked for unusual infections diseases as I've had 2 in my life and had bone removed... Won't run it based on a simple blood tests results and the cat scans. Now it's doing what I said it would and moving up into my upper body and my feet are still bloated 3x bigger than normal dark red and purple and itchy and shit as they have been since I started looking for help last December and I'm now coughing up blood on a regular basis and my pupils are getting big without taking anything and I feel terrible but I won't give up my girl and let her die and have no one to watch her. Sorry for going off track.

Hope someone has some kind of idea.

Thanks in advance from an East Coast New England Cannabis lover and Cannabis/Hemp enthusiast.

Peace ✌

-Blaze_420

Blaze_420

I also wanted to add I am a legal MA MMJ Patient so anything I post about growing is 100% legal despite living in the states that's sadly gone from a free country to a dictatorship where the government is the dictator and we've lost most our general rights. Sad but true.

Anyway any idea what's causing this? I'm about to try auto flowers as they take half the time to grow and I don't have to have a expensive setup to grow em ��.

If u want pics I'll gladly post some. I lucked out on an expensive Clone through someone I won't work with who won't work with me as they are about profit and I don't deal with people who only are into the cannabis scene to make money just like I can't get a caregiver because I'm not paying crazy prices when the person should be helping by growing for the patient not only selling them their strains especially when the patient is allowed 6 plants themselves.

Hope I can get an answer.

Thanks all!

-Blaze_420

H

Huckster79

Lack of light could cause some stretching and such, not sure if it would extemd time,... my concern would be the sheet on the door, she neds 110% darkness, is that sheet letting even a faint amount of light in??

Acquitted

Your post was detailed but adding a pic or two would help others in giving you advice/help that one may not consider otherwise. I would like to see the set up (nevermind how humble as you say it is) just because I'm unable to visualize by the description given.

I did some reading on the strains growth patterns and many growers have had positive experiences in thinning the lower fan leaves when there was minimal light used. Also larger pots were used for transplant as the previous containers were affecting growth and flower rates negatively.

Summing up; I hope you find peace with this grow as you are ill. And I know there is a plethora of advice and good people here to aid you along the way.

amanda88

Fox Farm is a very Hot soil, I always mix in some 20-30% perlite or if broke clean sand is good for diluting that rich soil

as its hot and you broke, it can be re-used later with minimal amendments, (3usgal pots for photos and 2usgal for autos)

your lights are the issue, not enough light and with rich soil leads to nute burn everytime

see it as .... every week,

Add one cfl 25w at about 4000 kelvin, or alternate each purchase 6500 kelvin - 2700 kelvin,

this will offer the plant, come flower 14 cfl's on a DIY rack or array, 7 a side

enough light to complete flowering to harvest, keep the cfl's close to within 2 inches and a fan is a good idea

tinfoil sucks, carefully paint over it with flat white ceiling paint, white paint is a better choice

joining ICMAG is your best move so far, its from here you may what to read up on cloning, sexing and feminizing

get well soon

Blaze_420

Hey.

Thanks all... I'll try to upload some pics. I've managed to get a sour diesel with all small airy thin buds but tall to grow with what I got and some Kush type strain topped to finish but all popcorn aside from the tops. This MOB Maines Own Blueberry Mother Of Berries it's just flowering in an odd way and the tops grew huge. It grew as if supercropped very interesting in that regard. I am going to go to the dispensary tomorrow to spend the little I have on their only indica tincture of White Rhino if it's still in stock. I want to try a vape oil pen but I'm worried about any smoke touching my lungs.

I sadly can't repaint as I'm renting a room and the landlord is a slulord he only cares about getting rent he don't care about the condition of the building.

I will try to upload some photos now...seems a bit complicated but I'll do so.

Blaze_420

I had to just upload em and let the site do it's thing. Hope they aren't too blurry

Attachments

• 20160919_072604.jpg
    20160919_072604.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160919_072616.jpg
    20160919_072616.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20160919_072659.jpg
    20160919_072659.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160919_072727.jpg
    20160919_072727.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160919_073154.jpg
    20160919_073154.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 9

Blaze_420

If u want to see something specific lmk. I love taking pics of her like a photo shoot. Hopefully u can see what I mean.

Sorry if my description wasn't the best I did the best I could. I got some autoflower beans from a few banks. I have never done an auto before but I can't wait to try. I like the idea of the fast turnaround.

I think DNA 60 Day Wonder is my next project.

I've always had nute issues even after flushing but I've always thought FFHF was good soil. Now I know why I get nute burn every flower phase.

Thanks!

Blaze_420

Couple more pics.

Hope this gives you an idea of what I'm working with. No light gets through during dark time there is a lot in front of and covering the closet area. Also I keep my room light off just about all day.

Blaze_420

For some reason I can't add other pics... U can delete those posts mods if u want I'm not trying to bulk up my post count I click the pics on the misc option than close than submit post and they don't show up. Weird no?

Blaze_420

OK I think I got it! Mods delete my other posts if you'd like that state they we're to have pics but didn't. Tomorrow morning I'll put up more to show more of what's what.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20160919_072853.jpg
    20160919_072853.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20160919_072736.jpg
    20160919_072736.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160919_072709.jpg
    20160919_072709.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160919_073143.jpg
    20160919_073143.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160919_072845.jpg
    20160919_072845.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 12

Blaze_420

Just wanted to report that aside from the odor nothing much new is happening. Tomorrow is feeding day I'm going to cut off some lower leafs and stop giving her the verge nutes. See what that does if anything. Soils dry. I'll update after I am done feeding.

I hated doing it but I broke down and went to the local and only dispensary within an hour+ from me and got a couple two small tinctures that I am getting good benefit from. One is White Rhino the other is Cannatonic(a VERY popular strain there and I can see why). I like using tincs I gotta once I take it down make some tincs from my bud as I can NOT smoke. They are both working well and synergize with each other when I mix em. Or they are fine alone. They help with my anxiety, sleep, calm me down, and are fantastic for pain and nausea.

Anyway,

Peace everyone and stay lifted and positive vibes!

Dankwolf

Looking good . you are doing really well for what you have to work with . you have some natural skill . not many can keep a plant healthy like that with endless money . keep it up . as to finishing time low light does extend flowering in my experiance so if you can throw a cfl in it would help. 2700k to 4000k cfl work best in my experiance.you can speed up ripining by switching to 11on 13off .most strains out there take longer then the description says . I grew with cfls for years mainly in early 2000 . people use to laugh when i told them but guess who was laughing when i showed my smoke lol. Florescent s can hold there on trust me . any way nice job .

Blaze, your girls look really good. Not just for the equipment you have, but overall. I have seen expensive rooms with a lot less healthy looking girls than yours. Anyhow, keep at it mate. May she help you how she has me.