What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best seeds for new growers

M

meowmeowmeow

Question. How would one usually keep nice seeds fresh ? With my bagseeds, I have literally have them all lying around in tubs/empty bankies, and have 100 success rate in germing to date. Would need the same success when the time comes for the above seeds.

Some will store in a freezer and others in a nice dark dry locale.
Take your pick really.
I prefer the latter this way I can induce the freeze mimicking the winters thaw....aka don't want ll my shit frozen. :)

bigbadbiddy

Storing seeds:

1) Keep dark and dry. Use a dessicant (rice works or these silica gel balls you know from electronics etc.). However, DO NOT let the seeds get in direct contact with the dessicant. Use a barrier like cotton or something between dessicant and seeds.

2) Anything you want to germ within a year or two can stay at room temperature, cooler is better though.

3) Anything you want to germ within a time-frame of up to 5 years goes in the fridge after being packed properly (light-proof container and dessicant)

4) Anything you want to germ post 5 years goes in the freezer. Note that you will inevitably loose some of the seeds you freeze. But the ones that make it can be good to go 10 or more years later.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Also seen good results with newbies with royal queen seeds, critical mass lines, WW/BB line (fruit spirit) and NL line (stupid good yields) so you're on the right track. With those I saw uniform keepers in each pack that made the growers look pro! GH and other big seedbanks results too variable for beginners these days I reckon. The best old skunk i've seen in seedform is UGORG's blues, that will impress any skunklover, an old skunk/NL cut outcrossed into blueberry and backcrossed to the cut.

Those swazi skunk hybrids have some amazing stuff in them to be found, thai, afghan, c99, blueberry, NL, top44, heirloom skunks and their descendants all have made their way up there..so grow that bagseed!

Put more light in your space than you think you need, more ventilation than you think you need, positive intake is much better than passive. If on handwater, 10% of pot volume per day will ensure no overwatering. Learn a good soil mix that is amended and balanced and airy and holds water if you are going organic, that will make the difference. There are tons listed on here! PH. PH. PH. Nuff said.

Overgrow mate..enjoy the journey..

Sorry only saw there are more pages of discussion but this was a response to your first page..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts