What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

From Greenhouse to Indoors...Same Grow???

kinderman

Hi Folks,
I'll be growing for the first time in March. I am growing Autoflowers (not sure what strains yet). I live in SoCal and am thinking about beginning the grow in greenhouse from seed and moving plants inside shortly after they begin to flower. Greenhouse is 12x14, using coco substrate with auto feeding, and using LED indoors. As the first plants are moved inside, I'll start new batch in greenhouse. Am I right in thinking that about the time the indoor girls are flowering -- the plants outside will be ready to come inside (4-5 weeks outside and 4-5 weeks inside)? My thought is that with our long California growing season, I could produce as many as 5-6 harvests from March-November.
Being a newbie, my main concern unique to this process is how/whether the plants would adjust coming from outdoors to indoors?? Has this rotation method been done before? I came up with this plan based on my grow spaces both in and out. Am I HIGH or foolish thinking I can pull this off? Any thoughts, perceptions, or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Much!!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be careful with that. You can transfer bugs indoors and create a mess of problems- thrips, mites and the like.

Better to grow your autos indoors OR greenhouse, not moving in after being in greenhouse. I learned the hard way, doing just that. NEVER again!

Halakon

I had to put my Cherry Afgan #1 and my Raspberry Diesel #2 outside this summer for 2 months, then i sprayed them all down for 3 days straight, and let them dry out inside in a tent by themselves under a 1000watt MH with 1200cfm of air moving through a 300cf space for 2 days let them veg for another Month, and just swapped them into flower, and they are the most well established healthyest plants ive ever had in my garden, i had to move 1 into a 5x5 tent by itself under a 315CMH light by itself it was so big

Halakon

oh and they didnt bring anything in with them except a spider, which died because it didnt have shit to eat "great sign" i used a Mosquitto, fungus gnat and mite spray i forgot what it was called, PS they eat anything i feed them ph perfect water or not, Outdoor is great but fuck some bugs, the combo works wonders

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Be careful with that. You can transfer bugs indoors and create a mess of problems- thrips, mites and the like.

Better to grow your autos indoors OR greenhouse, not moving in after being in greenhouse. I learned the hard way, doing just that. NEVER again!

^This. Pick one and rock it out.