What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

IntotheGreen

UPDATE - Joey Weed Cinderella 99 F2 @ 5 weeks flower:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

IntotheGreen

Plant looks pretty good, what kind of smells are you getting from it?

I have run more than my share of JW C99 f-2’s, and they have about 5-6 pheno expressions out of 70-80 run so far . That is a very filled out c99 for five weeks, mine look like that at around 50 days of flower.

It smells to me like very sweet tropical fruit, pineapple with like a lemon zest edge to it. G/f says it smells minty. To be clear, when I say 5 weeks flowering I mean 35 days since the first visible clusters of pistils. I reduced light hrs gradually from 18/6 and then about a week of 12/12 before I saw visible flower formation, so if you count 12/12 time, it would be 6 weeks. Either way it is definitely fatter than the Cindys I ran from Joey in 2007/2008 at this point, but so are the other 3. The plant pictured is the shortest of the 4 Cindys, and was the densest and frostiest early on, though the others have more or less caught up; branches were requiring support as early as 3 weeks into flower. The others have smells ranging from fruit punch to grapefruit to one that had been smelling like pink starbursts until a couple weeks ago and now is pretty pineappley.

I have to also assume that a large part of the observed difference between then and now is owing to different methods, conditions, and experience. The 07/08 runs were my first two grows in a smaller space done with 250w MH/HPS, in 2 gallon pots with cheap dirt/perlite and Fox Farms Grow Big/Big Bloom. This current run is like my 10th overall and I'm running two 315w CMH @ 70w/sq ft, in 3.6 gallon pots of living organic soil. Otherwise, these girls seem very similar to what I remember - just thriving on the improved light and soil. There's still a lot of new white pistils coming out so I'd say they will probably go at least 2 more weeks.

redlaser

Veteran
It smells to me like very sweet tropical fruit, pineapple with like a lemon zest edge to it. G/f says it smells minty. To be clear, when I say 5 weeks flowering I mean 35 days since the first visible clusters of pistils. I reduced light hrs gradually from 18/6 and then about a week of 12/12 before I saw visible flower formation, so if you count 12/12 time, it would be 6 weeks. Either way it is definitely fatter than the Cindys I ran from Joey in 2007/2008 at this point, but so are the other 3. The plant pictured is the shortest of the 4 Cindys, and was the densest and frostiest early on, though the others have more or less caught up; branches were requiring support as early as 3 weeks into flower. The others have smells ranging from fruit punch to grapefruit to one that had been smelling like pink starbursts until a couple weeks ago and now is pretty pineappley.

I have to also assume that a large part of the observed difference between then and now is owing to different methods, conditions, and experience. The 07/08 runs were my first two grows in a smaller space done with 250w MH/HPS, in 2 gallon pots with cheap dirt/perlite and Fox Farms Grow Big/Big Bloom. This current run is like my 10th overall and I'm running two 315w CMH @ 70w/sq ft, in 3.6 gallon pots of living organic soil. Otherwise, these girls seem very similar to what I remember - just thriving on the improved light and soil. There's still a lot of new white pistils coming out so I'd say they will probably go at least 2 more weeks.

The fruit flavored ones are the best overall, the pineapple/ mango mixed type flavors.
I’ve had some with very mild fruit smell, some berrie smelling ones last year, and several what I call mediciney or camphor type smell.
Had one that was about 30% frostier than anything else but it smelled medicine like
I found one a few cycles ago that i may like more than the F-1, grows almost faster than a seed plant even as a cutting. Has an intense fruit smell that’s more sour than other c99, yield might be a little less. I haven’t run it to it’s full potential yet, this time should be better.

beta

Veteran
I need to go research Nuggetshiner. Did he do a good job on c99?

I popped some of his Northern'99 back in the day and it was fantastic. I found a keeper in 5 seeds but lost it when the law changed here and we had to shut down.

I have 5 seeds of JW's original C99 F2 stock, this thread is making me want to pop them stat!

IntotheGreen

Here's the full C99 chop fresh from harvest (minus popcorn buds still hardening on the vine):

Cindy #2 (left) and #1
picture.php

Cindy #4
picture.php

Cindy #7
picture.php

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Great job brutha, looks awesome!!! If it's anything like the ones I grew out from Joey about 15 years ago, you're gonna love it! Still one of my favourites!

Peace
BM

LostTribe

Premium user
I have asked this at least 3 times and no one seem a to want to answer me... but, what is the problem with Brother Grimm's current c99? I have not really looked into it but obviously people are still looking for the old c99 and me included. Cam someone please let me in????

I’ve been on hiatus....new Grimm C99 produces great plants just a little different but still amazing qualities a bit skunkier but I did find 2 moms that are FIRE! Don’t touch ya might get burnt....overall closest I’ve had since gn03 f2’s but never ran joey.

Best LT

Cindi99

I have 13 original Brothers Grimm C 99 seeds. I'm thinking about selling 10 of them. Where would be the best place to sell them?

Happy Times

Thanks, Hemphrey! Cindy certainly is a pretty girl. Here's a couple shots of two of the other three - Cindys #1 and #7 (the last one, #4, was too floppy to even pose for a picture, lol!)

C99 #1
View Image

View Image

C99 #7
View Image

View Image

Full harvest pics, wet, and dry[ing] bud shot coming, with initial uncured smoke sample report :)

Very nice, looks a ton like the P88 I ran back around 2000ish. Hope the smoke is as nice as the pictures.