Dry Ice Hash...my go-to method
After 3 yrs of hash making I'm quite happy with the dry ice method. It's simple, inexpensive, and QUICK. You can smoke withing 5 minutes after making. I shake dry ice pellets with dried small buds in 220 micron bag. The process freezes the trichomes that drop though the 220 micron screen size onto a smooth clean surface. The kief is scraped together. From this mass a measured amount can be pressed into hash cakes which last for years under proper storage.
This is great method if you have a lot of trim or small buds. I used about 150 grams of bud and got about 25 grams of kief in pics.
Simple equipment and steps:
1. Get 220 micron bubble bags for bubble hash in 1 quart or two quart size or gallon if you can find them.
2. Get pelletized dry ice or crush up sheets to a couple inch square size.
3. Add about 1/4 oz very dried trim or small buds to screen bag (I use small buds that are too much hassle to dry and cure).
4. Get small box with open top and bottom and place on clean smooth surface.
5. Shake bag with ice and bud inside box for a couple minutes (box contains cloud of frozen trichomes) then toss material and add fresh bud and ice. The trick is to not shake too long where frozen leaf material starts to fall through.