What's new

high bay 200w 4k led

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm curious if any have used these high bay led lights to veg with. I see many using led lights but not much info using these. I've read as much as I can about them. From what I can see they would work great. I have 3 High Bay 200W led by Hyperlite 4000K High Bay LED Lighting im gonna use to test in my veg room. I'm currently using 5 315w cmh. I'm still gonna put 3 high bay leds in place of 3 CMH and see if they work as good.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im putting a 200W LED in place of ea 315w cmh. The 3 CMH are not all in the same spot. 2 315 are vegging medium sized plants. 1 315 is vegging seedlings/clones/small plants. Heat is the reason why im even trying this. My veg room is way to hot not possible to use AC there.

It says ea 200w led is a 600w replacement. I would suspect its advertising bullshit. I just checked the order 1 of the LED is 250w.

Its its a total of 650w of LED vs 945 CMH. will see what happens.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I have not used them. They might work great, and do look kinda interesting, but I'd bet they are well over driving the leds so that they are high bay so they might dip in whatever PAR quality light they kick out in output fairly sharply after a relatively short period of time, a few years maybe. It's a bit hard to judge them not knowing what LEDs they're using in them but still they're not really made with horticulture in mind so it's a risk.

Bit late now but I'd say get solstrips or QBs as I bet the efficiency will keep things even cooler than those hyperlites and grow happier herb and use less $.. :2cents:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im looking for veg lighting that doesn't put out heat. I just want to test something that will work as good as my CMH but no heat. Not interested in spending allot of cash.

Veg room has a total of 1575w of CMH 4k ..
Flower room has a total of 4150w of CMH mixed spectrum 3/4k..

Latest posts

Latest posts