What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plans for outdoor 2018, suggestions welcome

Hello people, the outdoor season is getting close and i've been thinking about making my own small grow for personal stash, so i don't need to buy from others, i take care of the quality and i know what i smoke. Since i'm a beginner, i'd like to grow a very small number of plants, 3 or maybe 4, and learn/play/experiment at the same time. Most of all, i'd like to learn to clone, so if i find a plant i particularly like i can clone it instead of spending more money to buy another seed (or, if one of my 3-4 plants dies, i can replace it with a clone). I've been reading a lot of threads since some months and i still have some doubts, would be nice of you to give me some suggestions about the points below: 1: i'd like to grow the plants in pots on a terrace until they are strong enough to go to a guerrilla spot. what size of pot is advisable to grow plants until they are a couple of feet high? 2: if i start a plant from seed, how long do i need to veg it until i can try to cut a clone from it? couple of months? 3: is it possible to put the dome with cuts under natural light (not direct sun) while they are rooting? or i'll need a light for indoor veg? 4: the outdoor spot i found has rather sandy soil, do i still need perlite? Also, the soil is rather dark, i think it hasn't been used for very long time, so the years of natural decay of organic matter made it fertile. do i need to amend it? 5: the spot isn't wet/marsh, but it has a lot of thin canes growing naturally. Does it mean there is underground moisture? 6: if i use granular organic fertilizer and water crystals+mulch i can reduce the number of times i'll need to go to feed/water the plants. i can't flush them, but how long time before harvest will i need to stop feeding the plants to be sure they are "clean"? just plain water the last 2-3 weeks? thanks in advance, your suggestions will be very welcome

i wrote the post divided in paragraphs to make it easier to read, but after i posted it i saw it's 1 large paragraph... dont know why. sorry people :)