What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
My most favorite scyscraper in Chicago. :)

picture.php

geneva_sativa

pretty much. . . fuck HollyWood

. . .bunch of condescending schmucks,

and all illuminati political puppet "entertainers" too

coldcanna

Veteran
Cannavore- I'm on the same page with you that the ultra big multi-nationals have been screwing the system and paying nothing. Its because they have the money to have teams of attorneys jump through loop holes.

The point your missing is that any time the word "corporation" is spoken you assume it means uber wealthy enormities. When you look at the corporate tax brackets however you will see that the 34% kicks in at all income over $75k. That's not multinational type of money, that's small family run businesses. Corporation is just a tax filing, it could be referring to a company with only 10 people.

That's a big misconception. The majority of businesses and corporations in our country are small and the owners work 80 hours a week. So raising taxes on corporate profits fucks them while the multinationals lobby their way out of it.

coldcanna

Veteran
And while we're at it. What do you do for a living? How much did you pay in taxes last year? I'm assuming it was prob 15-20% of your income. I challenge you to voluntarily mail another 20% to the US treasury and tell me what your new opinion of 40% tax rates are..... Or do you only support that policy when its other peoples money being taken?

I noticed that Bernie only paid what, 17% of his income? Apparently he doesn't enjoy the 40% rates he preaches either.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/resources/faq/faq_publicdebt.htm#DebtFinance

How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt?
There are two ways for you to make a contribution to reduce the debt:

At Pay.gov, you can contribute online by credit card, debit card, PayPal, checking account, or savings account.
You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, and, in the memo section, notate that it's a gift to reduce the debt held by the public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Fiscal Service
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Except the majors (and NOT just multi-nationals) paid WAY less than that. On top of it, accepted gov. subsidies (crony capitalism and corporate welfare in the $billions), and paid CEOs in bonuses in order to avoid income tax rates, leaving the reality that there are middle class wage earners who paid -more- in percentage of their earnings than major corporations and CEOs for those corporations.

As an example, take a close look at the Koch Bros. They talk libertarianism all day long, but take a look at government subsidies they've accepted... Including up here where they knowingly bought a contaminated oil refinery from Williams.

My family pays close to 17% in income tax, plus over $3,000/year in property tax, and on a percentage basis, that's more than large national or multi-national corporations typically pay.

I'm shedding no tears here for their plight, and when they steal from my State, they are essentially stealing from my kids' futures, who, as it is, will never know the Alaska I've lived in for 40 years.

When they behave as they have, I see no real difference between them and finding a burglar in my home, going through my drawers looking for what's not theirs. I have a strong remedy for such vermin.

And while we're at it. What do you do for a living? How much did you pay in taxes last year? I'm assuming it was prob 15-20% of your income. I challenge you to voluntarily mail another 20% to the US treasury and tell me what your new opinion of 40% tax rates are..... Or do you only support that policy when its other peoples money being taken?

I noticed that Bernie only paid what, 17% of his income? Apparently he doesn't enjoy the 40% rates he preaches either.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/resources/faq/faq_publicdebt.htm#DebtFinance

How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt?
There are two ways for you to make a contribution to reduce the debt:

At Pay.gov, you can contribute online by credit card, debit card, PayPal, checking account, or savings account.
You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, and, in the memo section, notate that it's a gift to reduce the debt held by the public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Fiscal Service
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

coldcanna

Veteran
Except the majors (and NOT just multi-nationals) paid WAY less than that. On top of it, accepted gov. subsidies (crony capitalism and corporate welfare in the $billions), and paid CEOS in bonuses in order to avoid income tax rates, leaving the reality that there are middle class wage earners who paid -more- in percentage of their earnings than major corporations and CEOs for those corporations.

As an example, take a close look at the Koch Bros. They talk libertarianism all day long, but take a look at government subsidies they've accepted... Including up here where they knowingly bought a contaminated oil refinery fro Williams.

My family pays close to 17% in income tax, plus over $3,000/year in property tax, and on a percentage basis, that's more than large national or multi-national corporations typically pay.

I'm shedding no tears here for their plight, and when they steal from my State, they are essentially stealing from my kids' futures, who, as it is, will never know the Alaska I've lived in for 40 years.

When they behave as they have, I see no real difference between them and finding a burglar in my home, going through my drawers looking for what's not theirs. I have a strong remedy for such vermin.

I'm not here saying we shouldn't end all the crony capitalism going on with the multinationals, I'm just saying that most times people pass taxes or laws to hit these businesses, they somehow get out of it and the small-mid sized business owners get hit disproportionately hard. I've long thought that big companies support the democrat party because these taxes and regulations put the small guys out of business and they know they will be able to cheat and loophole their way out of it

M

moose eater

I can agree with that, but for the fact that, again, it's NOT -just- the multi-nationals getting away with robbery. It's larger corpos and Oligarchs in general.

And yes, the mom & pop operations with corporate status get handed the bill to pay, as well as the average wage-earning stiffs, and Trump's 'tax plan' makes this whole shitteree far worse.. Especially 7 years down the road.

He had the balls to claim his tax plan would cost him $$!!!! The guy's nose is 12 feet long by now if he was Pinocchio!!

When persons talk about the cost of health care insurance and health care costs in general, the health care industry blames the insurance folks, the insurance folks blame the Docs, clinics, tort reform (a huge lie more often than not), etc..

Gaming the system? Insurance companies were restricted to 15% profit over cost of actual care in their premiums. Sounds helpful, right?? Except that 15% of $100,000 is fuck all, and 15% of a $trillion is some real money. Suddenly the insurers AND the health care profession have an investment in seeing costs rise exponentially; they both make out better for it.. not one or the other, but BOTH.

When I was in Manhattan at OWS, we had former traders and stock brokers, insiders from the biz, going through the various amendments intended to reign in the thieves on Wall St who'd helped to bankrupt Ma and Pa America's 401k's and other retirements with their fraud (Citibank/Citigroup, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Chase, et al), working with Congress critters and their aids to close loop-holes; people who had once taken advantage of those loop holes, and knew how they were abused, then working for the good guys' side..

Both the Rs AND the Ds have been in bed with Wall St., weapons contractors, major corporations, etc., for a LONG time now. And the uprising against their gaming the system isn't new.

When I visited my own Congress folks (Senators and Rep) in D.C., despite writing articles, etc., asking hard questions directly, and them screening me before I got there, they didn't have time to meet personally with me, rather leaving me with their aids, despite my having travelled well over 4,000 miles in my visits there. But lobbyists, many of whom aren't even -from- Alaska, came and went all morning from the Senators' and Rep's offices while I sat waiting. And most of them were smiling large when they departed. My Rep didn't even have the courtesy to arrange a meeting with his -aids-, let alone -him-!!

While many want to view the folks who were at OWS as pinko commie unemployed dead-beats, etc., the many sympathetic folks there covered a whole lot wider turf than that in social demographics. And the struggle expressed there goes back thousands and thousands of years.

Want an eye-opener and education from someone who was most definitely NOT a pinko lefty commie dead-beat? Read Teddy Roosevelt's 1912 speech, entitled 'The New Nationalism.' Word.

We've been reduced to serfs and share-croppers in our own fucking country!! We own no lobbyists, lack any fleet of CPAs & attorneys, can't afford to run BS propaganda ads all day on the television & radio, are definitely not too big to jail (we send lowly commoners there all the time), make enough to get by (maybe), with many living on credit in order to make ends meet, are more and more restricted in protests and public speech in standing against these pukes, and the real criminals are "too big to jail," or are overlooked in general when it comes to their massive crimes and wrong-doing.

Even Queen Elizabeth in 1601, as a member of royalty, had the common sense to realize that if she didn't address the disparity in living conditions, the peasants were eventually going to raid the castle and -take- her food & stash of goods, thus she began making provisions to at least modestly address this shit.

But the pendulum keeps swinging. Evil with a smile on its face continues getting bigger, etc. Eternal vigilance, and all that rot. Eventually it will get ugly. There has never been a corrupt system that didn't implode under its own excesses and weight. Period.

I'm not here saying we shouldn't end all the crony capitalism going on with the multinationals, I'm just saying that most times people pass taxes or laws to hit these businesses, they somehow get out of it and the small-mid sized business owners get hit disproportionately hard. I've long thought that big companies support the democrat party because these taxes and regulations put the small guys out of business and they know they will be able to cheat and loophole their way out of it

R

Rubber Chicken

I'm not American and i wouldn't consider myself either Republican or Democrat necessarily, i would be leaning Democrat but i would consider any decent candidate....

I can see how people err to either side for one reason or another BUT the despicable POS in the white house is just something else....

I can't see how anyone with more than a handful of brain cells can feel happy with his 'management' of being POTUS.

Has anyone that voted for him done any research on his history of being a Grade A scumbag CON ARTIST, without an gram of integrity? I guess not....

Not to mention how he looks up to dictators.

I don't know how ~40% of you guys STILL think he is doing a good job... you can't all be in denial, could you?

I think you will be gobsmacked by what Mueller finds with his digging into the Drumpf family finances.

If Mueller doesn't find anything, call the psychiatric ward... i'll just be sitting in the corner drooling, rocking back and forth :redface:

CaptainDankness

I'm not American and i wouldn't consider myself either Republican or Democrat necessarily, i would be leaning Democrat but i would consider any decent candidate....

I can see how people err to either side for one reason or another BUT the despicable POS in the white house is just something else....

I can't see how anyone with more than a handful of brain cells can feel happy with his 'management' of being POTUS.

Has anyone that voted for him done any research on his history of being a Grade A scumbag CON ARTIST, without an gram of integrity? I guess not....

Not to mention how he looks up to dictators.

I don't know how ~40% of you guys STILL think he is doing a good job... you can't all be in denial, could you?

I think you will be gobsmacked by what Mueller finds with his digging into the Drumpf family finances.

If Mueller doesn't find anything, call the psychiatric ward... i'll just be sitting in the corner drooling, rocking back and forth :redface:

I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary their was no lesser of two evils. Also so far Trump isn't any worse than Obama they both suck.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

It appears you were born in the wrong century, but moving deep into the Yukon may provide what you desire...although brown bears eat humans for fun.

You may say you don't "need" government services, but yet enjoy the freedoms and protection of said Military and security...otherwise you'd have been speaking Russian many years ago.

VOTE, that invokes the freedom to be proactive.

I still have electricity, a computer and internet.... I just happen to live in east Bumfuck New England.:biggrin:

I'm fine with some money going to the military but not as much as we do and we don't belong all over the Middle East and Africa.

Bwanabud

Do you really believe there's a large contingency of Trump fans wearing MAGA red hats, hanging out on a weed site ?

If there is, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'll be the one just sitting in the corner drooling, rocking back and forth :biggrin:[/FONT]

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Weird: Yes....I'll agree with Wendull C.....Jolly good post old chap.

We have been socially engineered to be divided, to only have two fake choices in a twin horse race, with very similar results, because it is well known that the people divided can so easily be defeated.

Splitting us down the middle and encouraging these distinct left/right divisions to extremis while utilizing/weaponizing the media to encourage it plays into the hands of the puppet masters and does nothing to serve us with the honesty, integrity and understanding needed in someone who we can truly believe and have any faith in as a 'leader', someone with a realistic vision and policies that benefit all humanity, and not just a few.

When will we ever see such a political 'Messiah?'....or is the very idea of such a solution no more than a deluded pipe dream.

Thanks for the vote of confidence wendell/gypsy.

Wendell - if you asked someone 20 years ago about weed being legal today they might just laugh at you yet here we are it is a reality. Helplessness and hopelessness are part of the spell they cast that is more illusion than reality.

Gypsy - It is weird (as am I) because I feel I have said the same thing many times. But it touches and important point you made when it comes to the validity of information presented here and why I found so much of it questionable. Hopefully I can find the words to make it make sense.

If you notice I am rarely simple and direct but normally challenge how a person things with suggestive questioning.

This is really important to understand because any time any person puts information out there, behind that action is a motivation and desire.

As someone who has integrated cutting edge technology to existing demographics (since the 80s) I refused to make decisions for businesses but rather educate them to their choices and the cause and effect they might experience based on those decisions.

Not all personalities like this approach, some types of "business personalities" (there is a science behind this) and I refused to bend to their will because of the malignant outcome of that behavior (I can explain if you care to understand)

NEEDLESS TO SAY my motivation and desire was simply to educate people to the same understanding so they can lead themselves to the same truth.

That is the basis of every argument I make here, share the predication for understanding, not to craft and sell an understanding for the listener.

That is how you can tell bias in the sources of information posted here because unless they offer information that you can verify and study in the same fashion so the truth can be understood in the same manner they aren't being professional, unbiased or confident in their truth being suitable for everyone.

The way someone who holds a truth that you don't understand is a sign to the nature of that human's desires and if it isn't to share that truth with you like a contemporary i.e. share it with you equally as you came to understand it then there is a taint of manipulation which sometimes the person themselves is ignorant to.

Which brings up another facet of the difficulty of information dissemination. For example people take ignorance as a feature of choice and find the word offensive when it means lack of knowledge and often is born of innocence.

Mention that they might be ignorant and they immediately get defensive for something where the only point of control is deciding to understand what you don't know or argue that your lack of knoweldge is superior.

You can understand how frustrating the later is when it is in essence a constant of the human condition. There will always be some new phenomenon we are ignorant to that requires ourselves to keep an open mind if we wish to understand it.

That is why separatist social programming is so important for the illusion of control. Because that is all it has ever been an illusion that exploits the human condition and very little else.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Trump isn't trying to do the best for all regardless of our differences but behind the scenes is complicit with the division of the US through russia

80 years ago this would be treason and the lives of the potus and his nepotistic members would be running for thier lives.

R

Rubber Chicken

Do you really believe there's a large contingency of Trump fans wearing MAGA red hats, hanging out on a weed site ?

If there is, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'll be the one just sitting in the corner drooling, rocking back and forth :biggrin:[/FONT]

I was calling Americans 'you guys', i didn't mean people in the forum.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Remember the Alamo
A hundred and eighty were challenged by Travis to die
By a line that he drew with his sword as the battle drew nigh
A man that crossed over the line was for glory
And he that was left better fly
And over the line crossed a hundred and seventy-nine
Hey up Santa Anna, they're killing your soldiers below
So the rest of Texas will know
And remember the Alamo