What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anybody use Kelp, humic, fulvic acid, molasses in coco?

Dr. J

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using these with coco? Possible fouler with them maybe minus the molasses?

sethimus

i use humintech plant health wsg (humic acids + kelp + trichoderma + bacteria), fulvital plus (fulvic acids), amino power plus (amino acids)

plant health wsg up to week 2 of flower, the rest also in later flower, i just reduce the aminos (they come with 9% N)

Burt

Veteran
I use all of those in coco and typically amend the coco itself with 20-30% worm castings and 10-30% perlite
Happy growing!

troutman

Seed Whore
Kelp is rich in potassium and so is coir.

Too much will cause problems and you'll need to use even more Cal/Mag.

So I would pass on Kelp if I were you.

I would just look into General Hydro, Botanicare, Advanced Nutrients, Emerald Harvest, or even Technaflora. Those are well known, well accredited nutrient companies. Pick up the proper feeding schedule and follow it. If you see burn cut down to 3/4 strength. If you continue to see burn drop to 1/2 strength.

sethimus

I would just look into General Hydro, Botanicare, Advanced Nutrients, Emerald Harvest, or even Technaflora. Those are well known, well accredited nutrient companies. Pick up the proper feeding schedule and follow it. If you see burn cut down to 3/4 strength. If you continue to see burn drop to 1/2 strength.

translation: stop thinking for yourself, just follow the sheep... /s

translation: stop thinking for yourself, just follow the sheep... /s

You have to crawl before you can walk. Its not about thinking for yourself its about understanding what the plant needs are. If you don't understand what the plant needs, how are you suppose to piece together your own nutrient line?
Why not take advantage of the people who have already done that and use their products until you understand the plant better? :laughing:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can add anything to coco. If it's beneficial short term or longterm towards the media or the instant uptake to the plant then I would do it. Remember there are loads of snake oils & boosters that are made for all other media that can be used direct on coir but you must have a complete fertilizer for the growing & a coir specic one helps charge up the media & release optimum levels to the plants.

I used to use The full 12 part AN feed back when it was rich & full of the amino acids & they didn't cut them or amend them. They were sold seperate as they were for multiple media & they said they were more stable as indervidual parts, later they reworked things & we seen it was all hype. The initial £1000 worth were sent from the USA by Tech Mike for free

I would use Fulvic & humic as a drench & Kelp as a foilar. Molassas towards the end unless your going to do inoculation with tea every week as a flush & I'd feed the bacteria with that.

If you activate your fertilizer with oxygen it becomes readily available for the plants to use immediately.

Why not take advantage of the people who have already done that and use their products until you understand the plant better? :laughing:

Because they are taking Advantage of you, blinding you with Marketing, trying to create Needs that are not there.
They all have inflated Prices so the Hydrostore can make their Cut. Then you have the hyped Products, sold in small Bottles for Maximum Profit.

There are a few Companies in the Market with good Lineups, yet they are all overpriced for what you are actually getting.

You can buy Hydrostore PH Down or you can buy Phosphoric Acid from Amazon, the first is just watered down and ten times the Price.

Companys selling Hydrostore Products advertised for Cannabis Growing are like Supplement Companys selling their Products for Sport&Weightloss, 99% Marketing nothing else.

-RIV3RR4T-

I’ve used it all. The most marked and really incredible (visual) improvement has only ever been with seaweed solution along with basic nutes. Its like your plants get so healthy they start to glow (literally), i know sounds dumb.... lol . That ascosiated with explosive, lush perfectly coloured and even leaf production.

But to be clear i’ve only found it useful in veg as I’ve observed it to have a similar effect in flower when excessive foliage production can be a hindrance.

Nothing else has ever come close so I don’t bother. Fulfic I gave up on after a year or 2 after experimenting diferent doses/ brands. Only ever saw a slight detriment (visual,anecdotal) and prefer it not to be in the nutrients either.

cheers

Desert Hydro

Veteran
ive been adding soil balance pro beneficials, a little bit of kelp and molasses and then let them brew for a few days. i only give a little bit once a week.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180113_154329.jpg
    MVIMG_20180113_154329.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20180113_151734.jpg
    IMG_20180113_151734.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 49
R

Rox

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using these with coco? Possible fouler with them maybe minus the molasses?

yes to all the above!

kelp can be used at any stage, its good stuff.:tiphat:

Rondon

Ive used it all as well. And I mean every hype bottle in the store. And after all these years the only thing that makes a noticeable difference is weekly foliars of kelp seaweed/fulvic/& a pinch of yucca in veg and early flower. Thats it. I get mine cheap from kelp4less. And a full profile base nutrient (any brand or the basic salts like Jacks - they are all the same) and a silica (Agsil) in the tanks. If your growing hydroponics using hydroton..coco coir..rockwool..water or air. Everything else was my brain telling me maybe I noticed a difference to justify the money I spent. Placebo basically.

Latest posts

Latest posts