What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone used Soil Balance Pro?

M

metsäkana

how you know the rootgrowth is defiinitely increased? in soil i cant tell shit to be honest
at end i would need to dig up every single piece of roots and weight it

if it only have some synthetic fertilizers in it would you just get cheaper mixing little bit of synthetics on some time grow

what increased the roots?

Speula

Veteran
I used it for strains I grow constantly for years now, so I know if there’s a difference in vitality and it’s just my subjective and optical opinion..control plant didn’t look as vital as the other. no lab test or anything else..just my 2 Cent 😉

mcnasty

I think everyone jumped ship after the Jeremy from Build a Soil called them.out on IG and Hash Church. I know I did...

I know im late here
Jeremy did get the product tested and has since posted the results. To save you the trouble the test shows soil balance was never lying about whats in the product, it has no nutes, its exactly what they said it was. He of course didnt make that result as public as he did when he lashed out at them. I found it rather funny he posted all that shit at the same time he started carrying his own bennie blend... Now their white paper claims were shady, and the dude did come out and apologize ect ect.
I did some limited research on all those streptomyces strains soil balance has and I couldnt find anything about them so, I feel like its filler.

Anyway I use OG biowar. so far its the only microbe brand ive used that i can SEE more root growth. Cap is on the rollitup forums and helps people out often enough. I prefer to support people on these forums or IRL when I can.

M

metsäkana

lol.jpg

so what og biowar has this only show 1spore per g
its different strains that these guys tested then?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcSz_9LnTEV/?hl=fi&taken-by=buildasoil

i have only seen buildasoil apologize from nitrogen total :D

the lab made mistake and mixed carbon total with nitrogen total

Last edited:
View attachment 448452

so what og biowar has this only show 1spore per g
its different strains that these guys tested then?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcSz_9LnTEV/?hl=fi&taken-by=buildasoil

i have only seen buildasoil apologize from nitrogen total :D

the lab made mistake and mixed carbon total with nitrogen total

I’ve been using ogbiowar for years and its def a great product. I’ll always use it as long as it’s being produced. Ogbiowar has been a game changer here

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Soil Balance Pro

I've been using this for about 9 months now and after initial results proved worth it have been using it for my MJ and veggies with excellent results

First try with clones I saw an immediate improvement with increased roots and faster growth, the 2 clones below were put in those pots and given 25 ml of 1/2 strength Lucas formula each, the one on the right had some SBP in the feed, the pic was taken 24 hrs after moving into the cups from my aerocloner ...the difference is obvious

picture.php

As the clones grew the treated ones out performed the others so much I gave it to them all, 4 weeks growth in 2, plants that wouldn't put out laterals suddenly had perfect clone donors

The stem growth once they're in 12/12 is astonishing with plants that used to be vineyard and a sod to deal with once the buds got big now have sturdy stems that can at least be tied up without snapping

The floral stems where they leave the main stems are almost distorted where the nodal points are so thick, floral clusters bigger as a result

A strain I've been running for 12 yrs was getting worn out, one run using SBP and she's back as good as ever

The roots in the coco were always good but I could always break up by hand the coco after using it to flower, now it has to be sawn up with a bread knife and then the blocks cut up

Terpenes

I was unaware of the claimed increase in terpenes until I revisited the company website, as a result I did a back to back of Peyote Purple x Ethos Mandarin Cookies, with SBP and Terpenez, only for the last 2 weeks, the results were so different

Terpenez killed the delicate flavour and left an unpleasant aftertaste that I've only ever had in pens in California, the product itself smells of oranges so presumably is a sacrificial terpene, the oily scum on the Rez wasn't encouraging
TBH I'm pretty pissed I've ruined some beautiful flowers, good job I never paid for it and the guy who gave me it is going to buy the bud

Soil Balance Pro was a revelation, the buds covered in crystal and sticky, the smoke is superb, smooth, fruity, mellow, potent as hell, with long legs, I was buzzing on this for 2 hrs, which as a toker for 50+ yrs and smoking constantly is something I haven't had for a very long time

picture.php

I used the run off, I grow DTW in coco, on our veggie garden, 7ft high tomatoes and tomatillos, again thick stems so able to be supported without snapping, big fruit, etc, some dwarf French beans were put in raised bed 3 weeks ago as plugs, the first beans are ready to be picked

Conclusion

In all my time growing anything I've never come across a product more worth the money, which incidentally I also paid, so no free sample not even me

If you want to make a single improvement without doing anything major, buy some of this

BerrySeal

Soil Balance Pro is a soil conditioner. Microbial inoculant in some microbial feed. Terpenez is a god damned adulterant. Fake terps in fake oils. Thanks for posting truth through experience.. I've been trying to wake people up to the difference for years, ever since smoking the nasty shit from well respected growers who truly believe they are growing dank with that orange peel extract sugar water bullshit .