What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organics round 2

Bmac1

Veteran
The above pics were pre trim job which happened last night at day 19 since being switched to 12/12. I gave them a good trim. I always start out with something in mind and its a little more here, a little more there and next thing they are bald, lol. Hopefully I did a goo trim that leaves me with some great tops and little larf.

I took some cuts from the GSC just in case. They are flowering cuts so if they do root, they should be very branchy which would be nice as this girl definitely needs to be a good size bush prior to flipping.

I love the vigor of the LC and GG#4 as it is quite comparable on both. The LC is a little thicker stemmed with a very kushy look to her. Im not sure how the buds are yet but this lady may need minimal support whereas it was clear from early on that the GG#4 was going to need some support.

They all got their first tea last night after the trim. The tea was EWC and BSM brewed in the airlift brewer for 36 hours. Ill try to snap a few more pics tonight.

Let the show begin.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Nice work. Seems everyone is running Forum and GG#4. Yours are looking healthy. Are you doing single bare bulb vert then?

Bmac1

Veteran
Yes. Just a single 600W hung vert style in the tent. Id love to run 2 of them stacked but dont have the means as I cant mess with anything electrical here.

Bmac1

Veteran
Here we are at day 22 as of yesterday when the pics were taken. I gave them a good trim the day before and initially it feels like I took too much off but we will see how they do when they really start to fatten up.

Seeing a bit of leaf claw on the LC which isnt a huge surprise as I had deducted that the easybake is a little N heavy.

The day of the trim, they got their first tea and with last nights watering they got some fish hydrolosate. I think it will be just water from here on out.

GG#4 day 22 from flip:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Group shot day 22:

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
One more of the GSC:

picture.php

Also noticing some leaf crinkle on the ladies and possibly some signs of needing some calcium. I may add some calmag to the next feeding.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OH WOW - you really did just about strip them bare!!! Do you usually defoliate that heavily?

dank.Frank

Bmac1

Veteran
I did go a bit further than normal. Trying to avoid larf and floppy as hell sucker branches. I may have gone a bit too far but they are starting to fill in nicely. My pruning is still very much a work in progress. This being my first run with all of these ladies, I know Ill do better next time. The glue and the LC are just begging for the vert screens so I need to dust those off for the next run.

The GSC doesnt seem as happy as the others in that there are some leaves showing issues. She has rock hard buds so far and smells nice but Im not sure she will be around after this run. The cuts I took dont appear to be taking and Im not about to run the flower tent to just reveg one plant. She veges so slow and
jaa7pj5.jpg

I took cuts of the glue and LC to prep for another run but I think the lights off temps have been hampering my cloning efforts. Good thing I have established mothers of both.

Still a bit of leaf crinkle on all of the ladies but Ill get some more pics up later tonight before the lights come on.

smilley

Veteran
Hi Bmac1. I'm sure the girls will deal nicely from their haircut. I wanted to ask about crinkly leafs. Is that indicative of a calcium shortage? I've seen it on my own plants from time to time.

Bmac1

Veteran
Im not entirely certain smilley as I believe it is also an inherited trait in some and I believe the the GG#4 is one of those girls. I think the trait is one of the keys in verifying its a real cut. I thought I had seen another member post about it clearing up with some calmag. Maybe someone can chime in on that issue?

I also remember reading someone say that the forum cut likes to be fairly dry and I am thinking that maybe the leaf issue is a result of me keeping it too moist and not in an optimal ph that the GSC likes?

Im just thinking out loud here but I did not notice any calcium/MG looking issues in the last round that I remember and they were getting a EWC tea about once a week. This time they have only gotten one tea therefore getting less calcium that the BSM provides. Hmmm...

Ill get another tea brewed this weekend and see what happens. They were really perked up and praying after the last 1 2 punch with the tea and the the fish hydrolosate the next feeding. I took pics this morning too and will get them up shortly. They are getting quite frosty and very stinky.

Bmac1

Veteran
Here are a few group shots from this morning which is day 32 since flipping to 12/12.

picture.php

picture.php

You can see on the right side of this one is the forum cut with the nasty leaf.

picture.php

GG#4 day 32

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Welcome aboard Boyd. Just in time for the good stuff.

Here we are at day 40 since flipping to 12/12. I took 4 cuts of each plant and only had a total of 2 cuts make it. I dont think I have ever had such bad luck with cloning. Due to such, I believe this will be the last run with the forum cut unless I get her back from a buddy down the road.

The GG#4 is getting floppy. I had to get in there and do some more tying up this morning. The tent stinks to high heaven. The GG#4 is a real stinker as is the Lime Cooks. The Lime Cookies is more sturdy though and not as floppy as the glue. Hard to pin the smells right now but everything is pure funk, lol.

They are fattening up nice but I do still see signs of the mix being N heavy in all the little leaf tips on the top buds. Not much clawing but I think it is because of excess N. I will continue to play with mixes and once the easybake is gone, Ill branch out some more. I dont like to do too much at once. Simple additions or subtractions are easier to keep track of.

Enough of my rambling and on to the pics.

Group shot day 40

picture.php

Forum cut day 40

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php