Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2015, 02:06 AM #461
PseudoBotanist

PseudoBotanist is on a distinguished road
Riddle what's going on with some updates??
PseudoBotanist is offline Quote

Old 09-07-2015, 02:42 PM #462
Riddleme

Riddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really nice
Life happens, have a bunch goin on with not as much time to spare, perhaps things will slow down once winter gets here ?
Riddleme is offline Quote

Old 09-07-2015, 07:45 PM #463
ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddleme View Post
Life happens, have a bunch goin on with not as much time to spare, perhaps things will slow down once winter gets here ?
Hi Riddleme,

I know you are busy, but I'd like to get your thoughts on Azomite. Do you think this soil amendment encourages terpene development in general, or promotes specific terpenes?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Looking for Lost Strains: Seeing God; Pinecone

The Search for Trip Weed: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278209
ThaiBliss is offline Quote

Old 09-08-2015, 12:46 AM #464
Hottish

Hottish will become famous soon enoughHottish will become famous soon enough
@Riddleme When researching atmospheric NPK fixes & solubilizers, I came across this paper, did you have issues with PH adding lead sulfate?

https://mega.nz/#!a9pkhAhC!9-gANXltpgVcXzvgFq250sqYAR0qKBSG 8cFolq4Z7kU

Elemental Sulfur Oxidation by Thiobacillus spp. And Aerobic Heterotrophic Sulfur-Oxidizing Bacteria 2010,

YANG Zhi-Hui1,2,∗2, K. ST¨OVEN3, S. HANEKLAUS3, B. R. SINGH2 and E. SCHNUG3
1Institute of Environmental Engineering, School of Metallurgical Science and Engineering, Central South University,
Changsha 410083 (China)

2Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N-1432, Aas (Norway)

3Institute for Crop and Soil Science, Federal Research Center for Cultivated Plants, Bundesallee 50, D-38116 Braunschweig (Germany)

(Received June 20, 2009; revised November 16, 2009)

ABSTRACT
The prediction of the oxidation rate of elemental sulfur (S0) is a critical step in sulfur (S) fertilizer strategy to supply plant-available sulfur. An incubation experiment was conducted to determine the rate and amount of S0 oxidation in relation to the contribution of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria. After 84 days, 16.3% and 22.4% of the total S0 applied to the soil were oxidized at 20 and 30 ◦C, respectively. The oxidation of S0 proved to be a two-step process with a rapid oxidation during the first 28 days and a slow oxidation from then on. The highest oxidation rate of 12.8 μg S cm−2 d−1 was measured during the first two weeks at 30 ◦C. At 20 ◦C the highest oxidation rate of 10.2 μg S cm−2 d−1 was obtained from two to four weeks after start of the experiment. On an average the soil pH declined by 3.6 and 4.0 units after two weeks of experiment. At the same time the electric conductivity increased nine times. With the oxidation of S0 the population of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased. The corresponding values for

Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased from 2.9 × 105 and 1.4 × 105 g−1 soil at the start of the experiment to 4 × 108 and 5.6 × 108 g−1 soil 14 days after S0 application, respectively. No Thiobacillus spp. was present eight weeks after S0 application. The results suggested that oxidation of residual S0 completely relied on aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria

------------------------------------------

Last edited by Hottish; 09-09-2015 at 06:11 PM..
Hottish is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2015, 03:44 PM #465
Riddleme

Riddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really niceRiddleme is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBliss View Post
Hi Riddleme,

I know you are busy, but I'd like to get your thoughts on Azomite. Do you think this soil amendment encourages terpene development in general, or promotes specific terpenes?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss
Since I have grown several different strains usin it I would say it is in a general way rather than a specific. My understanding is it allows the genetics to shine by making everything available

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:46 PM #466
Riddleme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottish View Post
@Riddleme When researching atmospheric NPK fixes & solubilizers, I came across this paper, did you have issues with PH adding lead sulfate?

https://mega.nz/#!a9pkhAhC!9-gANXltpgVcXzvgFq250sqYAR0qKBSG 8cFolq4Z7kU

Elemental Sulfur Oxidation by Thiobacillus spp. And Aerobic Heterotrophic Sulfur-Oxidizing Bacteria 2010,

YANG Zhi-Hui1,2,∗2, K. ST¨OVEN3, S. HANEKLAUS3, B. R. SINGH2 and E. SCHNUG3
1Institute of Environmental Engineering, School of Metallurgical Science and Engineering, Central South University,
Changsha 410083 (China)

2Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N-1432, Aas (Norway)

3Institute for Crop and Soil Science, Federal Research Center for Cultivated Plants, Bundesallee 50, D-38116 Braunschweig (Germany)

(Received June 20, 2009; revised November 16, 2009)

ABSTRACT
The prediction of the oxidation rate of elemental sulfur (S0) is a critical step in sulfur (S) fertilizer strategy to supply plant-available sulfur. An incubation experiment was conducted to determine the rate and amount of S0 oxidation in relation to the contribution of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria. After 84 days, 16.3% and 22.4% of the total S0 applied to the soil were oxidized at 20 and 30 ◦C, respectively. The oxidation of S0 proved to be a two-step process with a rapid oxidation during the first 28 days and a slow oxidation from then on. The highest oxidation rate of 12.8 μg S cm−2 d−1 was measured during the first two weeks at 30 ◦C. At 20 ◦C the highest oxidation rate of 10.2 μg S cm−2 d−1 was obtained from two to four weeks after start of the experiment. On an average the soil pH declined by 3.6 and 4.0 units after two weeks of experiment. At the same time the electric conductivity increased nine times. With the oxidation of S0 the population of Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased. The corresponding values for

Thiobacillus spp. and aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria increased from 2.9 × 105 and 1.4 × 105 g−1 soil at the start of the experiment to 4 × 108 and 5.6 × 108 g−1 soil 14 days after S0 application, respectively. No Thiobacillus spp. was present eight weeks after S0 application. The results suggested that oxidation of residual S0 completely relied on aerobic heterotrophic S-oxidizing bacteria

------------------------------------------
With the high doses, yes, with the low doses, no

Old 09-15-2015, 07:02 PM #467
StRa
Señor Member

StRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud ofStRa has much to be proud of
Really nice thread man!!!!

I learned something new today ;-)

thanks!

StRa is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:34 PM #468
Asylum

Asylum is on a distinguished road
Hello RiddleMe, Great Journal! I'm interested to learn more about the Midday Depression. With your knowledge on lights, would you recommend using the 6.5 on, .5 off, 4 on, 13 off when using LED lighting?
Asylum is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 08:12 PM #469
Riddleme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
Hello RiddleMe, Great Journal! I'm interested to learn more about the Midday Depression. With your knowledge on lights, would you recommend using the 6.5 on, .5 off, 4 on, 13 off when using LED lighting?
Would depend on the lights and visual plant response

Old 12-18-2015, 08:58 PM #470
Asylum

Asylum is on a distinguished road
Honestly you're post about reducing mid day depression was the first time I've heard of it. I have stuck with DJ Shorts recommended 11/13 until now. What visual response should I look for?
Also I was trying to become a member of your website but couldn't figure out where to sign up.
Asylum is offline Quote