What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kodi

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Here starts the thread on Kodi.

I'm getting back into it after years away and has come a long way.

h.h.

Veteran
IPTV

I have GSE IPTV downloaded. I used it with Vanquis to get programming. I found it a little awkward to navigate. Probably a good deal if you’re a movie buff.

Don’t know how it compares to Kobi. Looks like kobi has a few more features.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open source media player application developed by the XBMC/Kodi Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium. Kodi is available for multiple operating-systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.

Conversation On this stated on the "Anything good on Netflix, pime" thread and was moved to a new thread not to cause too much of a distraction.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have a firestick, but never got the kodi program to load onto it. I probably screwed up thinking I could do it via wifi instead of the USB port.

Thanks for reminding me. Winter is coming, and it is boring.

h.h.

Veteran
Can’t load Kodi on my iPad without jailbreak. Trying to jailbreak the iPad leads down a rabbit hole of bits and torrents and insecure sites. Multiple downloads including a few decoy buttons leading to another reality.

Downloaded an app called Plex, which seems to be a Kodi clone.

Still need a content provider. Internet protocol tv or IPTV. There looks to be several depending on preference. Some are sports oriented, others have a lot of foreign content. Streamlined or lots of channels. Too many channels to navigate easily.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I signed up for RealDebird and am having trouble setting it up on Kodi.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah but what about Netflix exclusives? It sucks that all these streaming services are buying everything up.they are prepping everything for 5g that's around the corner.imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts