What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help don't understand

Supreme_fishing

One of these "pepper" plants are really hard to water one mineute its under waterd, next minute I put about cup of water in the pot and it's over waterd any reason for that?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, it's because you poured in too much water.
My friend, I don't know if "pepper" is some kind of code, but just wanted to point out that there is a pepper growing thread here as well I think ;-)
Try half a cup.
If it's fully rooted, water until there's a it of runoff coming out at the bottom and you're good. If the plant is not fully rooted, go easy on the watering and use just a little at a time, you just want to keep the soil humid, not drenched.

Good luck with your "peppers" ;-)

CC

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm ok, just wanted to add one thing:
When the plant is underwatered and starts wilting and you water it too much, the plant will not display symptoms of overwatering right away.
Actually I think it will probably drink all the water away even if you pour way too much in.
What are you seeing that makes you think it's overwatered directly after you water?
CC

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Are you sure it's not severely root bound? When there's too many roots and not enough soil you can have those problems.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's just starting to produce fruits on the plants so I am guessing it has got full roots in a big pot

Bravo!!! Started garden a little later than usual....you'll be blessed with many peppers. Crumble up egg shells. Peppers, tomatoes need extra calcium during fruiting and decreases blossom end rot.

Latest posts

Latest posts