What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does Triacontanol or Brassinolide slow flowering response?

JimMuscles

most prob yes... its interrupting the flowering cycle...
fix it and two weeks later max they will start
:peacock:

Cooool. 2 more ?'s

Would that hurt my yield ? And does that cause stretch ? What happened was they were getting an extra 2 hours of dim light. So they were on a 14 light 10 dark basically. I know the brassinolide causes stretch too, but im just wondering .Thanks btw

shaggyballs

Veteran
You usually see stretch after switching to a flower cycle.
You delayed the full start of flower, so you increased the stretch phase.
So I would say yes, that would cause extra stretch.
Add Brass and Tria. and you double the stretch potential.
Some cytokinin at the right time will help slow stretch a bit.

JimMuscles

You usually see stretch after switching to a flowere cycle.
You delayed the full start of flower, so you increased the stretch phase.
So I would say yes, that would cause extra stretch.
Add Brass and Tria. and you double the stretch potential.
Some cytokinin at the right time will help slow stretch a bit.

Hey again Shags . I just wanted to pick your brain really quick. Ive seen all the old threads dealing with researching hormones, pgrs and such. I just wanted to ask you if you use any at all these days, or if youre done experimenting. Also, what are your thoughts on using BAP6 during flowering? Or is adding any such compound during flowering a mistake. I certainly regret messing with the tria and brassinolide. My buds are not forming so well. Thanks

Mammoth P is alfalfa meal fermented just like beer, alfalfa is a natural version of the tria. It’s been scrutinized rigorously and made the clean green certification. Synthetic tria is a different story.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey again Shags . I just wanted to pick your brain really quick. Ive seen all the old threads dealing with researching hormones, pgrs and such. I just wanted to ask you if you use any at all these days, or if youre done experimenting. Also, what are your thoughts on using BAP6 during flowering? Or is adding any such compound during flowering a mistake. I certainly regret messing with the tria and brassinolide. My buds are not forming so well. Thanks

I have kinda quit experimenting, I don't have as much time as I used to.
I never had much room here to mess around too much.
Therfore I have not made a lot of headway into this subject.
One really needs to do some side by side testing to get to the heart of the matter.

There are a ton of big brains here at ICM but few wish to help out with this project as you can see from the hormone thread.
I am mostly on my own with this endevor.

My thoughts on using BAP in flower are:
Some experimentation is in order.
I am not sure if it would be a mistake as I had read some info that shows some merit.

JimMuscles

One really needs to do some side by side testing to get to the heart of the matter.

There are a ton of big brains here at ICM but few wish to help out with this project as you can see from the hormone thread.

I am not sure if it would be a mistake as I had read some info that shows some merit.

Thanks. Yeah im done with it personally. Theres potential there, like, but im not gonna be one to mess up any more crops.

JimMuscles

Hey shags. So i kept having trouble getting my plants to flower. I dropped the photoperioid to 9 hours lit and i did see some pistils pop out the next day. So this gave me a thought. What if triacontanol was used to increase the chlorophyll content and photosynthesis capacity, but to counteract the stretch you put the plant on a very short day, starting flowering much more aggressively? This could possibly save on electric costs. I think this concept is worth investigation. Just not by me or you lol i wonder if such experiments have been pursued by ag companies before for different plants...

mrrangz

many come around to try to experiment with PGR's just to be unsuccessful. Spray random amounts or "ppm" they saw posted online.

PGR's need to be dialed down just like you do with nutrients.

What exactly are you triying to achieve? stretch? division? retard?

Small amounts go a long way. You should see action after 3 days. very obvious.

Hope this helps

Dogen

Why do you even need to use pgr products. Most of the community is on too them. They reduce terpenes and thc in favor of bud mass. Try some extra mirco organisms, mammoth p and recharge are great cheap products.

Both of the products you mention contain PGRs. Mammoth contains Triacontanol (from the "alfalfa extract"), and Recharge contains auxins, gibberellins, and cytokinins (from the kelp).

I've never heard of either of those products reducing terps and thc, though.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Both of the products you mention contain PGRs. Mammoth contains Triacontanol (from the "alfalfa extract"), and Recharge contains auxins, gibberellins, and cytokinins (from the kelp).

I've never heard of either of those products reducing terps and thc, though.

I wonder if you can tell the difference between kelp hormones and synth.?

How can you be sure they are from kelp?

geoffo

If youre using seaweed products for your brassinolide and triacontanol i was told this,

Dont use seaweed beyond week3-5 in flower as a foliar. It can make the weed taste nasty.
Brassinolide and triacontanol used standalone dont leave a tingey taste when used late on, ive just tried it now.

Too much seaweed early on will cause stretched weak stemmed plants (some is inevitable) it will inhibit flowering onset, buds will be small and sparse, yields reduced.
Seaweeds high in available N, in a form the plant can take up very easily, too easily but learn to use it well n all youll need is your NPK base feed and seaweed for stellar yields, 1.5gpw is doable as ive done it. Potassium/magnesium sulfate applied once/twice late on for extra thc.

Your plants do flop using seaweed so be ready to tie arms up even without a stretch issue. DONT let the branches lay on each other, they stop growing n swelling. Its a bit fiddly n faffing adjusting them once a week or so but worth it

Attachments

• 20200728_184906.jpg
    20200728_184906.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 197

Latest posts

Latest posts