What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Three Berries

Mixed up two gallons of nutes and the pH kept dropping down into the 5s. Bubbling too. I finally figured out adding molasses to some some rain water, it must have had some wild yeast in the water.

Three Berries

GRAMMAR LESSON

Is it "complete", "finished", or "completely finished" No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between these two words - "Complete" or "Finished"

In a recent linguistic competition held in London and attended by supposedly, the best in the world, Samdar Balgobin, a Guyanese man, was the clear winner with a standing ovation which lasted over five minutes.

The final question was: 'How do you explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand? Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.'

Here is his astute answer.

"When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. "When you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. "And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Attachments

• 1674825804465.png
    1674825804465.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 15

moose eater

We collect 'sheds' up here. They bring $7 to $12/lb., and can be fairly heavy when larger.

A former friend in the bush has sold large numbers of them for some decent pay-days.
The rarity in your video is that the antlers don't frequently drop in the same spot, or at the same time.

A few have been found that way by my friend and others.

I've found decent size individual moose antlers cruising on a snowmachine down the 40-some mile trail that goes into his place, ironically right after another bush-dweller who lives about 60 miles in had just passed it, going the opposite direction, heading out; either didn't see it, despite it's obviousness, or???

Free money or crafts material, laying on the ground.

Reactions: Gry

experienced

I haven't been here for a while ... trying to de-habituate if that's a word/action.

How are you Moose? Haven't seen yr prognosis. Sometimes you write more words than I want to read ... always in a hurry

Can't believe I 'm reading about urinals crushing people to death.

It's a very odd world, I think ....

moose eater

I haven't been here for a while ... trying to de-habituate if that's a word/action.

How are you Moose? Haven't seen yr prognosis. Sometimes you write more words than I want to read ... always in a hurry

Can't believe I 'm reading about urinals crushing people to death.

It's a very odd world, I think ....
Prognosis is more or less the same, as far as I know.

With fairly recent scans totalling $8,000, and my not being willing to accept the mediocrity that suffices for 'treatment' for the specific stage and type of cancer I have, I grew tired of being the method by which Doctors and medical techs put their kids through upper-class universities, pay for boats, cars, and vacations, etc. "Find another dependent sucker, still captured by fear and realization of mortality".

Figured I could skip the going-nowhere-fast nonsense, and buy my OWN vacations and toys
Haven't eaten any THC-A extract or made any since running out close to 3 months ago, +/- Also ceased the vegan diet; next person offers me tofu stir-fry may be surprised by a violent reaction. A year and a half of that was enough, and I was still losing slowly to the battle. May as well enjoy what we have, right? :)

Doing my supplements, to include Avmacol extra-strength, lycopene 20mg, and others, along with green tea; an accepted anti-androgen of light-weight value, per the American Cancer Association; 2-3 bags/day.

Mostly eating a fairly healthy diet, but giving lots of slack that's required for enjoyment of life.

1-2 alcoholic beverages a day, with some focus on balancing carbohydrate values. Similar with diet.

Planning and prepping for another remote trip to the Wrangell-St. Elias Range/Nat'l Park & Preserve, to the remote lakes I ice-fish there for lake trout and burbot each year in March, with my older son planning to go, though I'm concerned about his arranging his finances sufficiently to take a week+ off to go with me, despite my wife and I paying for the trip, including grub, beer, tequila, transport, bait, snowmachines, fuel, motel for a night on the way there and on the way back, parking at the road when we head off into the mountains, and the bit to the cabin owner while we're in the bush for most of a week..

Dogs are great (the newer German Shepherd female makes me laugh and smile a lot). The 22-year-old poodle seems lost in a parallel universe, staring at walls part of the day, but still runs when outside, like he's a pup again. The aging Norwegian Elkhound shows some signs of depression since my younger son abandoned her in his James Dean impersonation and related departure. (He's supposedly fixing my freighter snowmachine that coded out recently; signs of some reconciliation via non-emotional, non-communicative actions?).

Snow is too much, though markedly less than last year this time, without the 'frizzle' that fucked everything up last year (though there's still time), and the remote lakes, 300 miles away, where we're headed to in the next couple months, are apt to have troublesome amounts of overflow on them (already do in some cases; the ones that aren't mostly wind-blown) due to their snowloads.

Country's considering war with too many other nations, but considering my own circumstances, it holds a bit less shock value, really. People sleeping in the proverbial or literal beds they make, and all of that stuff.

Might get more serious about dealing with the cancer if/when it progresses further, and someone sends me to Seattle for a PETscan (BIG $$), but at this point, I'm in the beginning of a new calendar year with the health insurance co., with the need to pay off yet another fresh deductibe, and my wife surprised me after a recent mechanical issue with my primary 'newer' freighter snowmachine, spontaneously telling me one morning to "just buy a new one." (Yes, I was shocked!!). A LOT of money these days; more than I've spent on most motor vehicles I've owned.

The deductible for questionable 'care' or 'treatment' provides more opportunity to pay lots of money for more or less nothing tangible, to frequently-disingenuous, often disconnected yuppies; the Docs & cohorts. Or to buy something that will maintain its resale value after I pass on, and which takes me and mine to special places we spent good times through the years, recreating those good times. So I bought the machine. Let the white coats eat cake. :)

There you have it; another fairly detailed novella.

Edit: I left out the acute bleeding gastritis (we're mostly friends now), fairly significant gall stones that haven't made much of their presence known lately, odd (notably different) tissue in the deeper, left-hand side of my throat that showed up in an expensive CTscan, for which the Rx drugs they gave me seem to make it worse not better, a couple hernias (size small; matched, one on the left and one on the right sides of my lower abdominal/pelvic area), and a number of other indicators that the Cosmos figures I've been on terra firma past my 'best-by date.'

We're all headed in the same direction; I simply got the benefit of an advance 'telegram' notifying me to hurry up and have some more fun while I still can.

Last edited:

moose eater

Driveway's all blown free of snow for the umpteenth time this winter. With the exception of the spots immediately covered by the 4 vehicles' perimeter edges, which I need to go move and clear the semi-packed berms alongside of. All of them having been pre-warmed but for the class B camper van.

There's a couple passes remaining out off the back porch to be done, and a path to the compost bin, or, the moose buffet, which ever one wishes to label it as.

Then on to hand-clearing the 2 Subarus in the trees, parked there in early Winter, late Fall.

Then shovel clear the ass end of the 22' 4-place snowmobile trailer that's glaciated into the bank at the rear, from having been cleared with a scoop and not freed from the accumulated snow to the aft that resulted from those previous efforts. A job done poorly means more work to be done later on..... E-V-E-R-Y time..

Clear the boat cover on the boat and boat trailer, as well as the utility trailer, and that phase is nearly finished.

But for now, fresh French roast coffee with cream, maybe a puff, and visions of a shower to come later this evening.

And waiting for more snow as I get the shop in order to mix up the cutting mix and more soilless mix to age in totes, waiting for bio-activity.

I need sherpas.

Edit: Perhaps a nice 6.9% abv porter to follow the coffee. What work can't be remembered later on, doesn't feel that daunting afterward. The US Forest Service credo; tried and proven.

Last edited: