What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto's Roundup disaster

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
All commercial pesticides are extremely dangerous to the soil/ground water/ food and the earth period!!!! Whenever possible go as natural as you can to fight pests..Great rule of thumb if it smells bad don't use it..Nothing you use should smell really bad......Sad that we keep screwing with this world for cash. peace out Headband707

Mosantos has two Roundup's so to speak.. One is the pesticide round up itself to kill dandylions and anyone who uses that shit is a complete fool.
Second round up with these guys is that they grow crops that only their "round up" will work on, manipulating their genetics for the outcome they are looking for.Again very slimmy work ethics for any company.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally Posted by grapeman
While growing organically definitely has merit, it ain't ever gonna feed you, your family or the world.

Yikes Batman err Grapeman, holy catfish, my family....my neighbors....they're starving! Oh no... Just foolin around.

As someone else mentioned the worst thing about the glyphosate is the round-up ready seeds/crops and the longterm plan to take over the world's horticulture and some of the devastation that has been created in Asia (and elswhere) to date, implementing this plan. However, besides that, it does appear from studies (already cited) that the manufacturer falsified or got wrong the original information stating that the herbicidal ingredients in Roundup dissipate completely rapidly with no harmful effects to soil biology.

r1rider

We have a duty to our children, and our childrens children, to look after this planet for them, we dont own it, we just care for it for the children of the future.
Monsanto only want to make money, nothing more nothing lerss.

r1

hazemaker

Correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Owned by the satan of seed!!!!!! but hey now i can only hope planet nuburiu or whatever the fuck it is hits us in a yr and 11months, rather then live in a world that contains plants geneticaly modified to withstand roundup! UMMMMMM i wasnt geneticaly modified to be safe from round up! WERE YOU? The documentary THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO , is scarrrrrrrry but i second the call to all to VIEW IT! and tell 2 friends, and tell them to tell two friends! Also does these mean soil treated with roundup will kill WEED, the beloved WEED, is this what has been come to be called mosaic virus??????? granted, if some dr frankenstein created a condition to kill off every plant that is not modified thru MONSANTO, then my moneys on plants OUTFLANKING this. Somewhere in a field of dead weeds killed by roundup, is a weed that is immune and it will mate with another thats immune and then monsanto will have to think of a new program. Cannabis GOD HELP US IF THEY WANT THAT MODIFIED! They surely already have or are working on that. Its the SUPER PLANT of all the plant kingdom, trust me they have thought of it!

Owsley stanley the famous LSD chemist swears all plants are toxic he eats only meat! Offcourse you cant win here really unless you go to a mercury rich seafood diet, and that aint a great idea! Obviously the cows going to eat plants and so your still fucked unless you eat cheetahs, now granted there fast but if you start at the zoo's you may find em easier to catch. Now my baked out days of watching discovery african serengetti documentaries are a bit hazy but cheetahs like to eat gazelles. Gazzelles like to eat plants FUCKED AGAIN!

Ah well i cant figure it all out this evening so roll a j, rip a bong, vaporize your chronic, eat a brownie, sit back and god willing we will all be ok. STAY AWAY FROM CANNABIS MONSANTO, The tree of life needs no genetic modifications and shit can ROUNDUP!

PEACE!

grapeman

Veteran
Grapeman you say roundup helps you but is it worth it to support a product/company that promotes the death of our planet and people? They systematically buy natural seed companies just to shut them down and make monsanto seeds the only seeds available. Seems they have people here on this website to promote their world view. You did basically say you work for them. Is it worth it to get rich and lose your soul?

On a similar note BT is a gene toxin monsanto adds to gm crops for pest resistance. People using mosquito dunks and other bt gnat remedies might want to think twice.

Also from all my research soybeans are bad for your health in many ways, extremely bad!

And..... monsanto created aspartame and got that approved by the fda along with the right to not have to label gmo foods. This was accomplished by donald rumsfeld under reagan.
aspartame is in almost all chewing gum and all diet/sugarless products

All these topics go along with the creed of the "CODEX ALIMENTARIUS"
which states among other things that there should be no food labelling, promotion of gmo products, global harmonization, and more...... I'll post a link or maybe someone else can, but conspiracies aside this document would directly benefit a company like monsanto. This document is real and used higher up in different aspects of the food industry and who knows where else.....?
Almost every prepared food, and pretty much all the huge food corps products contain gmo's

I guess I have more faith in the planet. I don't think man can kill the planet. But I do know the proper use of this and like products reduce costs, increase yeilds and make food cheaper. Calories cost today a fraction of what they cost throughout man's history.

That can't be all bad.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
grapeman - The planet isn't invincible. We can certainly kill it. Reducing costs, increasing yeilds, and making food cheaper has lowered the quality of our food to rock bottom... but convince whoever you can that it is progress.

hazemaker - Monsanto still doesn't own Xe or Blackwater.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I guess I have more faith in the planet. I don't think man can kill the planet. But I do know the proper use of this and like products reduce costs, increase yeilds and make food cheaper. Calories cost today a fraction of what they cost throughout man's history.

That can't be all bad.

Are you serious? You really don't think MAN can destroy our planet lol think again he already has lol.. Has anyone seen the magnetic poles from our earth lately? LOL Or the ground water contamination from Gas companies thoughout the US?? Lets not forget the amonut of pesticides they have already used.. Then there is our global warming. Nah man has already fucked this world right up.. and that is just 4 things I could go on and on here.. peace out Headband707

M

Mountain

Calories cost today a fraction of what they cost throughout man's history.

That can't be all bad.
Well maybe that's true but the flipside is this has been possible by the use of petroleum based products (fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides) and cheap energy to run farm equipment which is plain and simply not sustainable. If you look at a population chart the curve up really kicks in with the 'discovery' of oil. All the reports I've seen recently indicate that food prices are going up significantly. People have gotten used to 'cheap' food and they're in for a rude awakening.

Personally I think the direction that modern agriculture is headed towards is some sort of collapse especially with the widespread use of monoculture.

M

Mountain

Are you serious? You really don't think MAN can destroy our planet lol think again he already has lol.. Has anyone seen the magnetic poles from our earth lately? LOL Or the ground water contamination from Gas companies thoughout the US?? Lets not forget the amonut of pesticides they have already used.
I don't know what the magnetic poles have to do with 'man' as they've actually been in flux and shifting for quite awhile now. As for the rest of the stuff I generally agree. I will define it as life as we know it will cease to exist but life in some form will survive and adapt.

hazemaker

When i said my money is on the PLANT OUT FLANKING MONSANTO, i also MEANT planEt!

Stop and consider the HORRIFIC SHITSTORMS this planet encountered in its 4+Billion years of existence! It takes every brain cell i have to imagine, how many earth quakes, asteroid collisions The moons collision with earth that captured her to begin with! Tsunamis, droughts, Ice caps freezing over 6 maybe more times. Cycles!

Sure man sucks, certainly man is annoying to GAYA but as the late great george carlin pointed out, she can shake us like a bad case of fleas. The planet is and will be FINE, WERE FUCKED!

Fungi will dismantle alllllllllll the toxic shit we have filled this world with ALL OF IT including us in time! Redistribute the nutrients and march forward as she has for eons. Its NARCISIM, that makes us think we have to save the planet, its the enormeous ego of self that says hey we gotta help her out! LOL

Dont missunderstand one rant and get another. The monsanto's of the world are at odds with humanity and im sure with earth but earth shouldnt be afraid of monsanto , you should!

hazemaker

Below is excerpt of article siting jeremy scahill. Take it up with him brotha, as far as i know his investigative journalism is unblemished.

A report by Jeremy Scahill in The Nation (Blackwater’s Black Ops, 9/15/2010) revealed that the largest mercenary army in the world, Blackwater (now called Xe Services) clandestine intelligence services was sold to the multinational Monsanto. Blackwater was renamed in 2009 after becoming famous in the world with numerous reports of abuses in Iraq, including massacres of civilians. It remains the largest private contractor of the U.S. Department of State “security services,” that practices state terrorism by giving the government the opportunity to deny it.

Read more: http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/monsanto-now-owns-blackwater-xe/#ixzz1AyAOp3qN

hazemaker

MR MUSTARD,

After disbelieving,

We didnt land on the moon,
That 9/11 was state sponsore(UNITED STATES)
JFK, MLK, RFK , oklahoma city, you know every time i try and disprove that some nasty force is running around fukn up the world deceiving mankind, I FIND OUT THATS EXACTLY WTF IS HAPPENING! All one need do is look.

I admit, I dont have great source in DARK GOVERNMENT.com, im not a fan of using alex jones or any labeled conspiratorial website. Not that i get bad info, its just pissed all over as conspiracy crap. However, I am way to lazy to prove it in some way that silences your protests. If scahill says it and given the 2 companies deplorable historys, im inclined to accept mr scahill at his word. I have know idea what the two companies have incommon besides trafficking in human misery and perhaps thats the reason they have joined forces.

M

Mountain

Sure man sucks, certainly man is annoying to GAYA but as the late great george carlin pointed out, she can shake us like a bad case of fleas. The planet is and will be FINE, WERE FUCKED!
Yeah from an airplane humans are put into perspective...we're just a bunch of bi-legged germs running around the planet and 'infecting' certain areas...LOL!

If the human race ceased to exist tomorrow the planet would make changes and restore a lot of the 'bad' done. Something like Roundup will degrade over time as most toxins will...kind of the like the methane eating bacteria that flourished in the Gulf after the oil disaster. It's the radioactive material that will cause problems long after humans are extinct.

If Monsanto did by Xe I would not be surprised as Monsanto is trying to take over food production in the world and would probably need some muscle to deal with issues as they develop probably more likely necessary, and doable, oversees.

hazemaker

if you extrapolate the age of the planet onto a clock that runs from 1201 am to midnight 24hrs, man arrives on scene at 11:57. Thats earth its widely held the universe is 13trillion years old, the earth4-5 billion.

4 billion is 4,000,000,000
13trillion 13,000,000,000,000

Earth could of existed more then 3000 times 4 billion years at a time. We are soooooooooo small that small doesnt contextualize it, so finite, just a little ant in an ant farm just another little bity slice of time on an infinite clock. So is nuclear weapons and chemical weapons and mosantos and blackwaters.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Too Much of a Bad Thing: Monsanto Did NOT Buy Blackwater

How do internet lies get spread? By well-meaning people who pass things on without checking.

Monsanto is one of the worst companies in the world, so it should come as no surprise that they hired an arm of Xe (the mercenary company formerly known as Blackwater) to dig up dirt on anti-GMO activists.

Fortunately, and contrary to a number of reports circulation on the internet, the world’s biggest purveyor of genetically modified seeds that has been doing its best to destroy traditional farming from Iowa to Iraq did NOT decide it needed to purchase its own mercenary army.

Here’s what happened.

Jeremy Scahill wrote a comprehensive take-down on Xe/Blackwater, based on internal emails, in The Nation.
The Nation article says:

“One of the most incendiary details in the documents is that Blackwater, through [subisidiary] Total Intelligence, sought to become the “intel arm” of Monsanto, offering to provide operatives to infiltrate activist groups organizing against the multinational biotech firm.”

That means Xe was hired by Monsanto. Not that they were bought by them. But somewhere along the line, Silvia Ribeiro, a Spanish-speaking researcher on environmental issues, read that article and misunderstood what the author meant by “become an ‘intel arm’ and took it literally. She published a Spanish-language article in La Jornada, it got translated into English by (of all things!) Pravda online, conspiracy websites picked up on it, andwell-meaning people proceeded to post the news all over the Internet(usually without indicating the source).

Did Monsanto buy Xe or its subsidiary? No.

“…According to internal Total Intelligence communications, biotech giant Monsanto… hired the firm in 2008–09.”
“Hired by” is not the same as “was bought by”.
“…Black added that Total Intelligence ‘would develop into acting as intel arm of Monsanto.”
‘Black also noted that Monsanto was concerned about animal rights activists and that they discussed how Blackwater ‘could have our person(s) actually join [activist] group(s) legally.’ Black wrote that initial payments to Total Intelligence would be paid out of Monsanto’s ‘generous protection budget’ but would eventually become a line item in the company’s annual budget. He estimated the potential payments to Total Intelligence at between $100,000 and $500,000. According to documents, Monsanto paid Total Intelligence $127,000 in 2008 and $105,000 in 2009.”
Xe is a mutli-million dollar organization. They were paid a couple of hundred thousands dollars to do some intel work (probably nasty and illegal stuff).

This is ALL OVER the Internet right now, all based on one piece of confused reporting.

redgreenandblue dot com

hazemaker

DOH! God damn it i blame JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE, since he stands being sued for bullshitting this and has some money to take, I figured he would do his homework, he may have cus, when i looked its litered viraly everywhere but they all site the 9/15/2010 article in the Nation re: Jeremy Scahill Report but nowhere does it state MONSANTO has purchased Blackwater or any subsidiary.

I stand corrected and humbly ask my ICMAG family to forgive my shotty assertions!

Mustard appears correct, MONSANTO HAS NO OWNERSHIP IN BLACKWATER.

I thank you mustard for pointing out my error in judgement!

Ciarán

haha this thread is funny. I used to be like you guys, then I went to school...grapeman was the only one giving me hope of realistic thinking and you guys shunned him away so you could continue to hype monsanto's negative reputation. Lets clarify some assumptions..Round up: no longer under patent from monsanto, now any other wonderful agro-chem companies can make it! Lawsuits: most have been settled "out of court" and the farmers are paid off for agreements of nondisclosure. The fact is humans, even you hating on monsanto, are contributing to the demise of humanity more so than any chemical herbicide or multinational corporation can. Realize that as population increases exponentially, the finite resources we all rely on decrease exponentially. That is why use of genetic modification in agriculture is a sexy idea for the Machiavellians that control the world we live in, its very profitable and in a weird fucked up way, helps humanity. I can't blame them and neither can you, so long as you take part in the consumer society that makes humanity so unsustainable. And for those scared, don't be, you most likely consume and wear GMO's everyday and never realize it. Even you Europeans who think that its banned, well not for your animal feed, so hmmm lets get real and stop biting the hand that feeds us.

Latest posts

Latest posts