What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it just me or is it very difficult to find womens' work clothes?! What the hell.

Ms.GanjaD

Ganja D and I have gone shopping for work clothes together lots over the 5 years we've been together, and everytime it's the same. Ganja finds like a gazillion pairs of pants, hoodies, T-shirts and all that great stuff, that makes all that hard ass work just that much easier,and I can't find shit! I usually leave the store kinda frustrated. Honestly, the last time we went shopping for work stuff the store had one pair of Carhartt pants for women, and they were tan with white flowers...how the hell can I work in white pants??
Is there some womens' clothing secret stash store I'm missing out on? Where do you ladies buy your work clothes?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my work cloths seem to be what i dont like anymore or have ruined enough to not wear in public, I have old shorts and shirts that I use, that I dont care if they get messed up. or sweats if its still chilly out.

M

Marywanna

Tractor Supply or a local grain elevator. I have Carhartt over-alls that are as old as my daughter! Dirty,but still good. They never seem to wear out,even if you tear them. Those and my 20 year old Wellie Boots....yeah I am quite the fashionista,for HICKS.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I once bought a pair of Dickies jeans and it was like wearing two pairs of jeans at the same time lol. But they are very durable, and I think they would last very long. I would go to a Dickies outlet or something so you can feel the thickness and quality of the cloth, otherwise ordering online would be a good idea. Have you tried just finding your size for men's workwear?

HIGHINSP

im not a girl (or gay), but i'm a good shoper go to kmart they have women work clothes. dickies and their own store brand even martha lol...high

M

Marywanna

Have you looked at Ariat Boots? Designed for women,and hold up real well.

Ms.GanjaD

Oh yeah, Marywanna is so right....TSC is the best place for work clothes.

I found a website called constructiongear.com. They had some pretty good clothes for women from what I saw. I want the pink toolbelt and hardhat. I don't know what I would use them for, but they looked hot:) http://www.constructiongear.com/womens-work-clothing.html
I will def check out that web site, thanks a lot...
and hey, by the way, congratulations Miss Blunted- that is so cool, glad to hear about down-ass people having kids, the world needs more generations of open minded people...:thank you:

jessrabit

I don't know what climate y'all are workin in but if I am working the OD, there's nothing I like more than my bathing suit with cut offs and a pair of sandals or blundstones. It gets hot round here. I love the climate in my IDoors so I tend to tie up a sarong above the knees or maybe a light skirt with a tank top, sometimes a hoodie in the depts of a NorCal winter. I am a soil nut tho so it might be different if I was working hydro, don kno...
For me it comes down to being comfortable enough to do some heavy labor and stay cool. When cleaning the room I rock a hazmat suit:) I think home depot carries em... I have always been fortunate enough to be able to work in a place where I can shower before I leave, perhaps that spoils me...Comfort=productivity for me.

REZDOG

Veteran
Carhartt (sp?) makes a woman's line that's very,very very nice-and heavy-duty as hell.

TLoft13

I don't know what climate y'all are workin in but if I am working the OD, there's nothing I like more than my bathing suit with cut offs and a pair of sandals or blundstones. It gets hot round here. I love the climate in my IDoors so I tend to tie up a sarong above the knees or maybe a light skirt with a tank top, sometimes a hoodie in the depts of a NorCal winter. I am a soil nut tho so it might be different if I was working hydro, don kno...
For me it comes down to being comfortable enough to do some heavy labor and stay cool. When cleaning the room I rock a hazmat suit:) I think home depot carries em... I have always been fortunate enough to be able to work in a place where I can shower before I leave, perhaps that spoils me...Comfort=productivity for me.
Mnnnnnnnnnn....

If you think you got trouble you otta try shopping for cloths when you are 6 ft tall. They just don't carry tall cloths in the stores. When i find something nice it is always to short. Can't buy pants always to short. Find some stuff on line. But they just don't make tall stuff. Plus size ( Fat ) sure I'm not fat.

Question if they don't make cloths that fit me does that mean i don't have to wear any ?

AAAAHHHHHH :blowbubbles:

Totally if you ain't perfect you don't need pretty things of coarse so they can make fun of you cause your cloths don't fit. :tiphat:

I have found some things on line most from jc penny. You can only find there odd sizes on line though. Apperantlly they don't want us irregular people in the stores either.

That works for me cause i not much for shopping anyway.

Rather ride, play video games ( drive ), or Watch the grass grow anyway.