What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

got broad mite (heat)

Got the little bastards i'm out doors, in flower, have tented off a few plant got temp up to 120 (in top of canopy) for a hour, plants look good, still got the little fucker....how hot do i dare get it? thanks

no answers, guess i'll figger it out on my own 130 on the top 110 on the bottom (trimmed out no buds there) 2hr will see how this goes

Speed of green

depends on your humidity, id say 130 is plenty though, you may knock the adults down but the eggs hatch in 3-5 days im pretty sure so you will more than likely need to repeat this in the future to kill any remaining that hatch.

a good IPM regiment can help prevent these little guys. ive read good things about swirskii mites as treatment. not sure if it would be economical though depending on the size of your garden.

if you go with a chemical option forbid 4f has worked for me in the past, its not something i would do if you are late in flower though.

good luck

depends on your humidity, id say 130 is plenty though, you may knock the adults down but the eggs hatch in 3-5 days im pretty sure so you will more than likely need to repeat this in the future to kill any remaining that hatch.

a good IPM regiment can help prevent these little guys. ive read good things about swirskii mites as treatment. not sure if it would be economical though depending on the size of your garden.

if you go with a chemical option forbid 4f has worked for me in the past, its not something i would do if you are late in flower though.

good luck
Thank u very much for the reply, never tried the swirskii (heard about then never through i'd needum) got lots of ladybug larve runing around. have to wait for weather change to try for the humity thing. did get it up there (98%) for a pfr97 treat ment 5 days ago,, will have to wait till this heat wave leaves 90's.......never ever will i use things like forbid i'd trash my crop first thanks again :tiphat:

zoo

BM's are the hardest pest to get rid of. I imagine having them outdoors is a case of damage limitation I doubt you will be able to fully get rid of them this harvest.

Well harvest will start this weekend finally, Broad mite damage i'm growing 21 plants 7 of them had broad mite, 2 plants got chopped, (maybe i shouldn't of) three got trim back (because they were touching another plant) 2 r just fine (they had very few mites to start with) so i lost 2 out of 7 ain't bad,the 5 that i've kept were heat treated 4 times, as of today i can't find a live bug on them, 3 of the plant i find dead baked bugs on the branches (behind the buds) i lost a few branches to heat,. so all n all i'm ok with the out come. thanks again speed of green n zoo for you advise...next year i'll b looking for the little devils.