What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Split petiole aka leaf stem

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hey ya'll, I have this weird leaf that looks like it split along the petiole. It was still green, but I removed it because I was worried for the worse. Has anybody seen anything like this? Oh I louped it and didn't see any bugs, first thing I did cause if I get mites this close to flower I'll lose my mind.

Speed of green

Did it come from an area where the plant had been topped? I've seen some odd growth come after I top a plant and the new parts grow out all mangled.

Leaf looks nice and healthy, if it happens to other areas then maybe get concerned, but it may just be an anomaly, Mother Nature has a mind of her own :)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
No topping on this run, they were supposed to be autoflower so I treated as such. I will keep an eye out for sure, thanks for the response.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Alright so I found two more. Both were old leaves, bottom of the plant. I just trimmed yesterday and today, I don't think they were getting much light at all. The thing that is scaring me is one of the leaves has things on it I am not sure what they are. They kinda look like bugs, but if I use 60x loupe to zoom in it looks just like really black hairs holding something white. I am gonna keep trying to get some loupe pics cause these don't really help a ton. The one with the curved stem is the one with the white things on it. Nothing is moving either, so these are not alive, whatever they are, but they are worrying to me.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Best 2 pics I could get out of like 30 of them. So hard to focus on a loupe, digital microscope is way to go I think. If anybody knows wtf this is please let me know. I am hoping it's just nothing, but I'm dreading it's crop ending. This is 60x zoom.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh man, those aren't bad right? Just annoying? I haven't seen any live bugs in the tent at all, I'd have thought I would have seen something somewhere if it was bugs. Whatever it was is dead now, hasn't moved at all.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks man. I was really worrying but now I will worry slightly less. This rip for all ya'll who responded :bongsmi: