What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sick plants week 2.5

eric2028

Veteran
I have a room where only one of the two strains are showing an issue. It's my Larry og. Everything is in promix hp and getting the same amount of jacks nutes. Plants are looking locked out with a slight droop to the leaves. Been foliar feeding but their not bouncing back. Gonna do a slurry test today to get an idea of soil ph. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

eric2028

Veteran
Pics

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2258.jpg
    IMG_2258.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2260.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2261.jpg
    IMG_2261.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 6

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Those plants are starving. They need food, and I would water that food in rather than foliar spray it.

Def check that pH and make sure pH is in check then feed those hungry girls.

Good luck keep us posted.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I have a room where only one of the two strains are showing an issue. It's my Larry og. Everything is in promix hp and getting the same amount of jacks nutes. Plants are looking locked out with a slight droop to the leaves. Been foliar feeding but their not bouncing back. Gonna do a slurry test today to get an idea of soil ph. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.
I agree that the plants are starving. There is also a little wilting going on. So the question is why the plants are starving.

Wilting usually means something is going on with the roots.

What is the root temperature, and has it changed? Colder or warmer? Because that could lead to nutrient lockout or botrytis development.

Also, it is important to store your water/nutrients in the same room as the plants for at least an hour before use. That way the nutrients and the medium have about the same temperature.

I think it is likely they are getting to much nutrients and something is locking them out.

--

On second thought - Jack's nutes? Very high NPK levels. Not organic, not even intended for non-ornamentals I would think. You may have salts clogging up the roots.

The plants may need a good flush - which is not a bad idea right before flowering anyway.

If you go with mineral nutrients, you should really look at cannabis specific lines. Jack's Nutes have concentrations that are way too high without dilution.

Alternatively, you could feed them organically. There are several lines of bottled organic nutrients like Bio Sevia or Canna's bio lines. If you use a mix of liquid and solid nutrients, you can give them short and long term nutrients. Also, if you go organic, all you need to do to grow mycorrhizal fungi is to feed them with anything containing calories: rice, oats, fruits, olives, grapes, banana, pineapple, hemp seed. I like to add water and make it into a nearly solid paste with rock dust, bonemeal or whatever nutrients I want to add. Just a little tucked under mulch is consumed by mycorrizal fungi that already naturally occur in the medium (worm castings) or bedding (hemp, buckwheat hulls). Just a little keeps the fungus going and feeding your plants for weeks at a time. Which is why I prefer using a mix of fast acting (liquid, gasular) and slow acting (solid) nutrients.

Practically right now, I would flush them long and slow to get the salts out, and then feed them a 0.4 EC solution of a high P/K late flowering solution, to stimulate root growth and aid in flowering. And give them a little extra magnesium - epsom salt or magnesium lime, just for the start of flowering.

Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
Thanks guys for all your thought. Slurry test shows ph of 6.4. So no issues there. Just to clarify I'm running jacks hydro. 2 part. 5-12-26 and calcium nitrate 15.5-0-0. Also 1 gram/ gallon epsom salt. Jacks is used for greenhouse/ nursery fruits and veggies and everything in between. I know nutes are a touchy subject. I've ran cannabis specific nutes for years also. This is my first real issue possibly related to jacks.

Speed of green

What's your runoff e.c or ppm? If there is a buildup of salts your pot will show a high e.c /ppm

I'll bet dollars to pesos that the e.c runoff is 2.0+ The red petioles/stems give it away.
6.4 is high for promix. I use jacks and promix hp. I feed at 5.8 same 3-1-2 jacks epsom calcnit

Are these problem plants drinking at the same rate as the rest of the plants or are they heavy all the time?

eric2028

Veteran
These plants aren't drinking much now. I run the higher dose of jacks due to co2 enrichment. I run 5.66 grams of jacks, 3.02 of calnit and 1 gram of epsom. (Per jr peters rep).

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
What's your runoff e.c or ppm? If there is a buildup of salts your pot will show a high e.c /ppm

I'll bet dollars to pesos that the e.c runoff is 2.0+ The red petioles/stems give it away.
6.4 is high for promix. I use jacks and promix hp. I feed at 5.8 same 3-1-2 jacks epsom calcnit

Speed of green has got it, promix hp is 75% peat moss and perlite its a soiless medium not soil.

The plants probably have super high ec/salt buildup because your ph has been too high for the roots to absorb the nutrients.

Need flushed with corrected ph water.

The stagnant environment from this can cause root rot as well...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I just don't think all those problems are possible. Your slurry test was ok so just feed them. Problem solved.