What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deficiency + Temp Delta colouring?

oroch

Hey,

Got this strain which I can't remember.

And my plant is exhibiting some weird yellowing from some mid-parts of the plants and the central Apex.

Some purpleing too, but I think that's due to the rapid shift in temps this month.

Its in soil. Fed with Nettle purine mostly until now then some Comfrey.

If anyone has any idea, it would be greatly appreciated.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mg deficiency...
Hit one plant with a light Epsom foliar spray & see how it reacts.
You should see improvement quickly if it's truely a Mg shortage.

oroch

Thanks, thought so too, was hesitating with may be sulfur deficiency.

Did 1.5% MgSO4 yesterday. Waiting on some reaction.

It's weird how w/e is lacking is being moved/consumed mostly in the part of the plant oriented south. At any height of it.

Not a yellow leaf on the other side at any height.

oroch

Some pics 2 days later.

Reminder, plant is outdoor in soil. Nettle purine and Comfrey mostly

Did MGSO4 1.5% then Day after floraserie following TableauK in foliar spray (halved doses by 3)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you've got less than a month of flower left there's prob not a lot you can do. At this point, you want the plant to start eating it's reserve nutrition so you get some nice smooth smoke.

My plants look worse than those but I'm harvesting in 2-4 weeks as well.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Mag is used in chlorophyll production, the more shaded side of the plant will require less magnesium. Is the yellowing on the most sun exposed side of the plant, by any chance? :)

oroch

MJPassion, seeing how the strain is "morphology"-wise i'd give it 4-6weeks still with the weather i'm having atm (this considering like 15% mold..)

Aye douglas, precisly.

weedtoker

Veteran
Could it be molybednum appearing from the lack of P? The def starts from the middle as you said in the beggining, and I also see red stems. Mg also a possible shot as said by others.

Cheers

oroch

@weedtoker, I thought molydbenum too at some point. At this point I think it has to be the PH, i'll check it once the plant is done.

Seems like Mb and Mg at the same time or something. (I'm sure the purple is from the strain. but it appearing so much means some nute got moved I'd guess).

As far as P-Def none seemed to be.

This plant has me confused. Some parts are perfect and others go full retard-yellow...

._.

weedtoker

Veteran
Any sudden change in the last weeks, before that started? Ex: Crazy guerilla tea :biggrin: /heavy first set of rains?

Cheers

oroch

Mostly temp went from 15-20 to 9-15 during a week with rain. Now there's sun so it oscillates between 9-20 the same day.

Why?

weedtoker

Veteran
'cause usually things on the ground (like ph) in theory don't fluctuate as much as in a pot but, things can happen anyway. BTW, your temps are enough to get P uptake slowed down (experience in/out) In anyway, best of lucks in your endeavour, hopin for a safe harvest.

Cheers.