What's new

Vert vs horizontal in 4x4?

Hello people, I've been growing vert for a little while Now, usually with 6 or 8 plants. Just built a 4 site ppk setup and wondering if my 4x4 tent is really big enough to grow 4 plants vert? Would take a fair amount of training to fill in the gaps, which is fine as I usually tie to a screen behind plants. But for anyone with experience, is it worth it over say lst and horizontal? ( i will not scrog as it will be my first ppk run, and with 65% perlite to 35 coco... 🤔, I want plants to be removable if I have to make any adjustments)

It's coming in to summer here so heat is always more of an issue with my 3x3 reflector. If vert i will stack a 600hps with a 250mh, as have been doing in past, purely because I already have the 250. If horizontal I will just run the 600

Anyone have any advice?

gr866

Veteran
I run 5 plants in a 4x4 vert using stacked 315W CMH
Turned one plant into oil as it gave me shit the whole grow and did not yield, The other 4 plants, G13 Haze, yielded 24.5 zips, and 10.5 oz's of shake, untrimmed buds (were not worth trimming, too much time) and the one plant that gave me shit.

Never really had a heat issue, it was a summer grow. Just harvest about 4 weeks ago.
I have no qualms in growing in the 4x4 again.

GR
My last vert grow.

My last horizontal.

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yeah dude, get 2 cool tubes, yank the guts from one and mount both bulbs into each end. draw air from out the tent through bottom out the top and outside. i run a triple stack myself
pics or it dint happen

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts