What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

malawi x panama

Borderliner

one of the things need to wrap my head around is when does flowing stage start. Well when first pistils form which can be in veg stage. Have to resist the urge to count from when flip the lights.

So these girls threw first pistils couple wks before flip and are further along. Some pistils have turned brown and started retreating. Well I'm on this because want to use the screw on lens magnifiers only the last two wks of the run. It will get easier if run the same strain again and know how it goes.

Plan to get some pics up today or tomorrow.:tiphat:

Borderliner

wk 7 after flip

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
:tiphat:

Buddler

Veteran
Floppy gurls eh BL looks like shes closing up, I had a panama that was done in eight weeks frosty looking nice job ..B

deepwaterdude

Buddler thanks for stopping by. I'm thinking maybe another wk or 2

Yep, looks like it to me too. You flushing yet?

As for flower dates, I've gone both ways: calling day 1 when they have actual bud sites/bunching pistils, and more recently, going from light switch date. I still keep track of both;)

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
one of the things need to wrap my head around is when does flowing stage start. Well when first pistils form which can be in veg stage. Have to resist the urge to count from when flip the lights.

Me too!.. I now just go back and look through my pics/posts and check the dates.

Your pics are much clearer than mine but our plants are very close in appearance and age. I agree with you on the smell not like Malawi. I'm glad, because Malawi is not my favorite smelling herb!

Samuel Caldwell

Beautiful plants!

I've always counted from the light flip but my plants always take longer to finish than the breeder advertises. Hmm...sounds like I need to start counting from pistils instead. I also tend to flower until they look 'done', which is towards the later end of the spectrum.

I'm about a week into flowering in my tent and I'm just starting to see some pistils.

Borderliner

Me too!.. I now just go back and look through my pics/posts and check the dates.

Your pics are much clearer than mine but our plants are very close in appearance and age. I agree with you on the smell not like Malawi. I'm glad, because Malawi is not my favorite smelling herb!

Claude Hopper, not my favorite either although the old killer pheno, columnar growth, was very pleasant after month cure.

Borderliner

Beautiful plants!

I've always counted from the light flip but my plants always take longer to finish than the breeder advertises. Hmm...sounds like I need to start counting from pistils instead. I also tend to flower until they look 'done', which is towards the later end of the spectrum.

I'm about a week into flowering in my tent and I'm just starting to see some pistils.

Samuel Caldwell, experienced same most breeder I've tried with the except of BOG who prints the days of flower times on the pkg.

Borderliner

Hope your grow goes well:tiphat:

Borderliner

Beautiful plants!

Samuel maybe dubi will stop by and help with when he starts counting flowing stage:tiphat:

G

Great job one more time BL!I got this hybrid,too and was really wondering about the flowering time on description,seems to be spot on though(9 weeks)!It could go two 10 though but seems faster than my 2 MxPCK that I have grown(11 weeks with 11/13 mostly)Sorry if you mentioned somewhere,but what's your light schedule?Have fun those last weeks!