What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gantz and his stinky skunks

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
And I have saved my best one for last

This bad girl is covered in buds. She is slightly taller than her sisters but shares the crystal bedazzeling her sisters rock. It takes all the strength i have not to harvest her right now...with my teeth and eat the buds raw... but i have to work in the morning...so...

This stuff smells amazing and the amount of crystals is simply crazy.

I can't wait to smoke all of them

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi bro, thank you for updating!

I see the substrate too much wet. You need to leave a dry time before watering again.
The roots need oxygen to grow properly so that could be the reason why you have small size plants. Hope this helps you my friend!

Sweet smokes!
Jaypp

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Thanks for dropping by. Your advice, though true and accurate, does not apply in this case.

The plants are small because I messed up in the beginning. I used an untested soil that proved to be bad and had the wrong PH. That stunted their growth for the first weeks of their lives. I have documented this and you can see that after I transplanted them they started growing just fine.

The soil is wet but I've watered them 4 times since I planted them. (Yes, 4 times in about 50 days)They are outdoors and I can't stop the rain. They are small and unable to use up all of the water. If this had been an indoor grow I can assure you that they would not get water until the soil would dry. I usually don't water unless I have to.

Thanks for worrying. I know these poor results don't reflect the potential that Sweet Seeds genetics have. I have grown Auto Sweet Skunk before and I was quite happy.

And don't worry. The next outdoor I do will be much better. Then I'll show what they can really do.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Thanks for your kind words mate
The thing is it pains me to see that I have made them suffer. They could have been bigger and healthier but I just messed up this time.

This is what I had before (still small because of transplant stress) - the ones in the middle.
picture.php

picture.php

This is what I have now

picture.php

I think the pictures speak for themselves. I've learned to pay more attention next time. And the best thing about it is that I can't mess up more than I have now.

The best thing about all of this is that I have seen just how hardy Sweet Seeds genetics really are. I stressed them with PH strong enough to stop their development in its tracks and they still produced. I might not be happy because I made mistakes but I will run SS genetics again in the future... I'll just take better care not to mess it up .:tiphat::

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Day 60.

No idea if they are ready. Calyx wise...maybe? Trichome-wise... no idea.

These Skunks are FROSTY - So what do you guys think? To chop or not to chop?

:tiphat:

B

bigganjabud

Aaaaaaaah maaaaaan

Just wrote loads of quality stuff but went to upload a photo to emphasise my words and lost it all

Oh well a pic is worth a thousand words

picture.php

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Damn! I was in fact hoping that the company's recommended 56 days would be enough. Now I have to buy a loupe? FFFFFFFine!

B

bigganjabud

Damn! I was in fact hoping that the company's recommended 56 days would be enough. Now I have to buy a loupe? FFFFFFFine!

As a rule flower times vary and they tend to give a flower time for the most prolific phenos

Also peoples environment and other factors always tend to differ so it's only a rough guide

I myself useally feed for the amount of day it says flower and then start flushin

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
usually i do it by eyeballing it. i thought i knew some shit...but this year i am learning so much more...COOL!

inbetween

Mine went days ago matey, didnt seem much point keeping them going they were so tiny.. i'd say get them eaten and plant some fresh ones :)