What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gantz and his stinky skunks

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
:woohoo: I'm so EXCITED And I just cant HIDE it :woohoo:

Came back from holiday and it's that time again!!! Time to grow.:dance013:

But wait! Isn't it too late?

HELL NO SON! I've grown Sweet Seeds' autos in Spring and i'm still smoking that delicious crop! BUT! This time I'm throwing in the ring 4 Skunks. Let's see who wins!

In the Green Corner we've got a 3rd generation autoflowering variety known and loved by many! The intensly skunky and very sweetly perfumed with a hint of spices - The Sweet Skunk Auto - This lean Grean skunky machine will give us those thick, trichome-covered buds we all yearn for.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6822603#post6822603

And in the Red Corner - we've got the 2º Award – Category Auto – III Copa Cannábica Expogrow – Irún – 2014 - The Dark Sister of SSA - the skunky, the sweet - The Bloody Skunk Auto. This purple coloured fiend with sticky, resin-covered purple buds to rival its sibling has thrown down the gauntlet and is challenging her sister for the chance, the honour, NO! the PRIVILEGE of getting me and my friends stoned till next year's crop is ready!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6822489#post6822489

I hope everyone is ready for the showdown because I am hyped!

B

bigganjabud

Welcome back bruvva

Can't wait to see this one pan out

Subbed

inbetween

After such an appetizing build up how gantz anyone resist :woohoo:

You've got my attention and really looking forward to seeing this bout to the final rounds :groupwave:

Good luck and give'em all ya got matey:watchplant: :canabis:

:lurk:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
It took less than 24 hours but SSA made the first move. One of the seeds has already sprouted a little white soon-to-be root :watchplant:

This is so exciting!!! :woohoo:

Subscribe and check regularly for updates! :groupwave:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Bet they're all out Tommoro

You called it amigo and it's TRUE!!!!:woohoo:

All 4 skunks are slowly making their way out of their little shells.

Now i'm thinking... Should i let them grow a bit longer while in the wet papertowels or put them in a pot with my medium of choice? I've done both in the past and both have worked.

What do you guys say? Please explain your choice.:tiphat:

inbetween

Well i would get them settled soon as.. I only germ them so i'm not looking at empty pots for a week in hope that a seed pops its head out :)
Also i reckon less damage can be done the less that stick out.. but i'm no pro grower

Your the daddy on this one, wishing you look either way mate :D

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hey Gantz,
it's nice to have you aboard mate, all the best with the grow!

Sweet Smokes
jaypp

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Thanks jaypp. it's good to be here.

I decided to put them in pots and keep them near a window till they are a bit stronger.

I'm using 3L pots filled with this mix i bought called Ecoyerba by Batlle. It looks nice and i hope they will thrive in it. I wasn't expecting to use the entire 20L bag on 4 pots though...

Anyway.. Tune in next time when our brave skunks will have their first look at the world above the substrate.

B

bigganjabud

Thanks jaypp. it's good to be here.

I decided to put them in pots and keep them near a window till they are a bit stronger.

I'm using 3L pots filled with this mix i bought called Ecoyerba by Batlle. It looks nice and i hope they will thrive in it. I wasn't expecting to use the entire 20L bag on 4 pots though...

Anyway.. Tune in next time when our brave skunks will have their first look at the world above the substrate.

Can't wait man seems your running a strain or two I have in stock!!

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Ladies and Gents!

After spending one night in the dirt we can see that the SSA is somewhat stronger. The BSA are still under but i can see signs of them wanting to come up and bask in the light of the Spanish sun.

I think all of them should be up and growing by the end of the day. I'll post a group picture later on.

Thanks for coming by everyone! :tiphat:

BGB mate! I'm so happy you are here and that you have the strains. I'd like you to do something for me. I want you to take some SSA and BSA seeds and look at them. I know it sounds crazy but I am convinced I'm not unique here. I think the SSA is doing so much better because the seeds were slightly bigger than the BSA seeds. I just want someone to check theirs and either confirm or correct my theory.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
UPDATE

UPDATE

It's that time again ladies and gents:woohoo:

On the left we have the Sweet Skunk Auto, followed closely in size by their sisters the Bloody Skunk Autos. On the right, in the cups there are two strains i got from magazines. These are unrelated to Sweet Seeds.

As you can see the SSA are leading in terms of size. I have grown the strain before and I was pleasantly surprised yet again by its vigour and development. I put them in those pots 2 days ago and all they have received is sunlight - indirect or direct.
The BSA don't seem as eager as their sisters. but it's a bit early to decide on a victor.

Now, temperatures have been soaring in my part of spain and i think i could fry an egg on the asphalt. i was hoping i'd have some cloudy days while i try hardening my little ones over a few days. when that didn't happen i went to my local gardening centre, got some shade cloth and installed it. not sure how one justifies shade cloth on a roof... but im going with it. they spent the entire day under it and they are fine.

:tiphat:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
hey inbetween! welcome back amigo!

Nico mate! thanks for stopping over.

i'll post more once my girls have grown a bit

inbetween

Thanks amigo!

Be interesting to see how they are growing, i think my sweets are maybe 2 days in front of yours from germ. Hope your girlies are doing well ;~)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
They haven't grown much... must be the shadecloth... But it's for their own good. Once the heatwave is over it will be full on sun for my girls.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
This is so exciting amigos
In 2 days under a shadecloth (more like a plastic mesh) my lil'ones have grown a bit. And since i promised an update...here it is.

Here is a view of everything i'm running at the moment. If you are not impressed... well... i'm not impressed either but hey! we can't all grow trees..

The next two are the Bloody Skunks Auto. All in all i think they are doing fine. Can't wait to smoke purple buds...

And the Sweet Skunk Auto seedlings. A nice smoke after a long cure.

Cheers

inbetween

Looking good and healthy seedlings.. always seems to go slowmo at this stage, once they spread their foundations they'll shoot up :)

Latest posts

Latest posts