What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By the Danube - Panama Haze, Queen Mother and Peyote Purple

vcasqui

wow, the Panama Haze is beautifull! But to be fair she seems to be at the best spot haha.

I really like your QM too. She looks more light green than mines.

yoss33

Veteran
Yes, the Panama Haze is definitely at the best spot :)
The QM I selected was the palest color of the 3, the other 2 both were dark green, as all the photos of QM I've seen online. It also had a different stem smell, more astringent, but still a good pleasant smell. And now it is already flowering, a few days earlier than Peyote Purple, both of which are now flowering too (#1 was the slowest of the 3 to start).
Starting to flower earlier than the indicas is quite unusual for such narrow leaves.

Panama Haze
I'm not watering this plant a lot lately, so that it doesn't grow much bigger - it's big enough and its branches will get too heavy. It's close to 5 meters tall.
picture.php

Bends even in the not-so-strong winds like a proper Haze...
picture.php

Getting dense and ready to flower:
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Both Peyotes brough out a lot of small branches right before flowering, all of them stretching up to compete with each other and the top.
picture.php

A hungry beast, not moving and pretending to be a stick :) The usual indica-loving catters...
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And some shots of the Queen Mother from this morning...
Having started to flower so early, she inevitably got well-pollinated by the wild hemp in the area. We are having lots of it this year, as we do every year when the summer is not very dry.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

48N

what to do with all those seeds? eat them? :)
will the potency still be acceptable?

the 5meter-panama haze looks amazing
is it the biggest plant youve grown so far?

i wish you a nice flowering

yoss33

Veteran
what to do with all those seeds? eat them? :)
will the potency still be acceptable?

the 5meter-panama haze looks amazing
is it the biggest plant youve grown so far?

i wish you a nice flowering
Thanks :) The Panama Haze is not the biggest plant I've grown but it will be the tallest as it is already as tall as the tallest I've grown. The biggest plant in my garden has been the dutch (Nirvana's) Haze from 2012 (grow thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235133).
Note that this Panama Haze could have grown larger, it has the vigor to become "the" biggest one, it's just that I didn't aim at growing as big of a plant as I can and so I started my seeds 2 weeks later than in 2012, didn't feed during veg and didn't water as much.

As for the Queen Mother's seeds and what to do with them, oh, well, I hope that only the first flowers are pollinated and it will still be able to make nice buds. The wild males drop their pollen from the end of July till the end of August.

High cbd queen?
If you are referring to the possible outcome of QM x hemp, I guess a high CBD child is possible. In my guerrilla past, I've grown many seeds of nice weed pollinated by hemp, and while some of the progeny are good, the chances are low, most have a weak high, perhaps exactly due to the presence of CBD that blocks THC's effect. Maybe this weak grass is still medicinal, I don't know, but I prefer to grow the proven strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss33,

Thanks for your recent update. As always, your outdoor plants are a joy to the eye! :huggg:

Your Panama Haze has the potential to be the beast of this outdoor season in this room :yes:

I'm glad to see that the Peyote Purples are already starting to flower.

I'm curious about the local hemp that grows around your location, it must grow really close and well spread to be able to pollinate so much your plants every year. Your comments about the outcome of the offspring that came from hemp pollen crossed with THC rich strains are also very interesting, it would be great to bring to a lab different samples of your local hemp to check their cannabinoid contents and ratios.

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, guys!

I took some photos of hemp plants growing next to the road that gets me to the village where my garden is. There are such plants growing everywhere, next to fields that seem to have been used for growing hemp. It was done on large scale up to 1978, as far as I know.
About their cannabinoid profile, I don't think it differs much from what is typical about fiber hemp. It's interesting that the plants even within a single patch are quite variable - you can see very tall and lanky, as well as shorter and bushier plants. All of them don't get you high, we've tried a lot in the past, heh.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And some photos taken several years ago, of hemp growing in my own property... it took 2-3 years of searching in the tall grasses and shrubs and cutting with the scythe to remove all of them and not let them drop seeds and reproduce.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Most of them had a characteristic merging of the leaf blades on the second set of leaves:
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
It's my pleasure, Claude. I still live in the same sunny plains I grew up, heh.

A quick update of the flowering plants.

Queen Mother
Delicious perfume smell, flowery and fruity, like an expensive soap.
picture.php

picture.php

Peyote Purple #1
Very sweet and musky smell.
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Peyote Purple #2
Sweet and musky, like #1, but with exotic tropical notes added, a bit like bubblegum. I can't stop sniffing this one.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
We had a storm with very strong winds a few days ago. Many broken branches and trees in the area.
The Panama Haze has its biggest branches broken and the main stem with damage which I hope won't be fatal in the few months it has to survive till harvest. Peyote Purple #1 has its lowest branches broken and Peyote Purple #2 is only bent. The Queen Mother did great without any damage.

Panama Haze
I splinted the main stem with 2 sticks after taking the photos and so the plant is now upright, though I'm not sure if it can survive another storm.
picture.php

picture.php

Peyote Purple #1
picture.php

Peyote Purple #2
picture.php

48N

Oh noooo the Panama haze
Lets hope you still get some quality haze flowers
Are you dealing with wind problems every season?

orfeas

Veteran
Oh man! bloody hurts, doesn't it...
I've seen the strorm and the damage done many a time...so many branches lost in vain...
I feel for you...always happens when trees get bulky and heavy...
really wish it survived!

:tiphat:orfeas

baduy

Bummer. Hope she will recover. Did you guy the main stem in addition to the splint? Greatly reduces the swinging during the healing process.
Also if you happen to find bamboo in your area they make terrific splints, strong and flexible.
Here's a picture of Queen mother as you wanted to compare phenos, very consistent strain in my opinion, all individuals I've seen were looking the same for the most
picture.php
Greetings

Latest posts

Latest posts