What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

04/06/17 John Oliver Launches 17 minute Video-Viral Assault on Federal Marijuana Laws

THCengineer

https://www.marijuanatimes.org/john-oliver-launches-viral-assault-on-federal-marijuana-laws/ - Apr 6, 2017 John Oliver Launches Viral Assault on Federal Marijuana Laws - One of the most potent weapons in the arsenal of marijuana law reform activists is the constant barrage of information that can be delivered via the media. While the vast majority of this is done on the Internet, traditional media outlets are devoting more time to the issue of cannabis legalization. Sunday night, the host of HBO’s Last Week Tonight, John Oliver, took aim at federal marijuana laws in the United States for almost 17 minutes. [continued]

:groupwave::groupwave:

All this guy does is assault the us governement, I understand the governement has its issues but if this guy hates America so much maybe he should go back to England.

I honestly can't stand foreigners that come to the US but shit all over everything about it. Piers Morgan, Trevor Noah and John Oliver can go choke on a turd.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But you have to consider...W the exception of Morgan they are pundits! That is their job! Maybe shift the focus to the Americans who hired them? If the stuff they talk about wasn't met w a VORACIOUS appetite from Americans who feel exactly the same way there wouldn't be an audience...
For example I wish everyone who worked for Fox news would move to another continent...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
But you have to consider...W the exception of Morgan they are pundits! That is their job! Maybe shift the focus to the Americans who hired them? If the stuff they talk about wasn't met w a VORACIOUS appetite from Americans who feel exactly the same way there wouldn't be an audience...
For example I wish everyone who worked for Fox news would move to another continent...

Yep, Americans hired them with million dollar contracts to spout whatever as pundits, if not then they wouldn't be there doing that.

I like how Oliver is talking about the vast disparity between state and federal law, this needs to be more exposed internationally to show how far the feds are away from what the people actually want.

Im assuming there is a few pastel colored pant suits in your closet?

Yep, Americans hired them with million dollar contracts to spout whatever as pundits, if not then they wouldn't be there doing that.

I like how Oliver is talking about the vast disparity between state and federal law, this needs to be more exposed internationally to show how far the feds are away from what the people actually want.

The United states is literally split right down the middle between conservative and liberal issues.

Like any poll I see on any political issue is almost always 50/50

I personally like guns, I don't like illegal immigration and I feel that certain social issues should be left out of our school system, for those reasons I voted for trump.

Really my second amendment right to bear arms takes number one spot for me, I am a weed smoking conservative thru and thru that thinks a well armed socity is a polite society.

Also I want to secure American resources for American children, we have many citizen children that are starving, we should take care of them and not worry about all of the illegal immigrants.

We can't build or fix schools in the US but we can feed, house and clothe illegals.

Realistically I believe the US will be in a civil war within 10 years, it is too politically divided to carry on, the is 2 totally polar opposite mind sets in the US.

I'm sure if there was an American on british tv shitting on the British crown and spouting off at the mouth about all of your countries policies you'd feel the same way I do about these foreign pundits.

America can't be too bad because we allow foreigners to come here and flourish and reap millions of $ like Oliver and noah.

No other country on earth affords that type of potential to foreign invaders.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Rather than concentrate on the fact that Oliver happens to be British born, as indeed the first foreign settlers on the east coast were some 500 years ago or so, perhaps you should concentrate on what he is actually saying about the schizophrenic cannabis policy within the US. A lot of people actually listen to Oliver, mainly for laughs I presume, but in this piece he does point out rather satirically how crazy/ridiculous cannabis policy is, and that needs to be widely known ....so that's a good thing.

As a career weed smoker I actually could care less about the official US policy on MJ.

We are suffering from tremendous problems in the US, all of which were created before Trump.

To focus soley on cannabis issues at this point in time would be a huge waste of my time.

Cannabis is medical and or legal in most of the US, and decriminalized in other states. People really make a mountain out of a mole hill, now I know you are in a very special case with the US I understand and feel for you. However that type of case is such a rare thing in the US, the average cannabis consumer really is pretty free to enjoy their herb.

Also it has nothing to do with him being british, I don't care about that. I'd feel the same way if he was from Zimbabwe, Australia or canada, more as not american.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don't see a problem with concentrating on cannabis issues, particularly on a site dedicated to that plant, and if it's a huge waste of your time then what are you doing here?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hey triple, bro , DOOD -> FYI

Gypsy is the dood who like,

owns this site

dont pick fights with the guy who pays the server bills round here

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im assuming there is a few pastel colored pant suits in your closet?

Not 100% sure but I'm assuming your assumption is I'm a liberal? That is incorrect. I am a democrat-considered a 'moderate democrat' by my family as I am a former Republican who stands strong on my gun rights among other factors that used to be Republican values.
No sense can be made of either side of the aisle right now...Used to be Republican and Democrat-with each having a crazy fringe-conservative and liberal. Now it's reversed! The crazy fringe are the ones who believe in working together and compromising for the betterment of all. Mainstream is now whacko!
But I believe in America and I believe we will right ourselves from all these extremes and extremists on both sides...And I believe the raiders will win the Superbowl! (Sorry Gypsy..Ha)

I don't see a problem with concentrating on cannabis issues, particularly on a site dedicated to that plant, and if it's a huge waste of your time then what are you doing here?

I suppose we are riding on 2 different planes, I am not talking about here on icmag anything, I am saying politically as a US citizen with so much going on in the world my day to day thoughts are on things much larger than marijuana issues.

Marijuana is legal where I am, I suppose that affords me the luxury of not focusing on it.

I am here, in today, what happens tomorrow, happens tomorrow.

growingcrazy

The United states is literally split right down the middle between conservative and liberal issues.

Like any poll I see on any political issue is almost always 50/50

I personally like guns, I don't like illegal immigration and I feel that certain social issues should be left out of our school system, for those reasons I voted for trump.

Really my second amendment right to bear arms takes number one spot for me, I am a weed smoking conservative thru and thru that thinks a well armed socity is a polite society.

Also I want to secure American resources for American children, we have many citizen children that are starving, we should take care of them and not worry about all of the illegal immigrants.

We can't build or fix schools in the US but we can feed, house and clothe illegals.

Realistically I believe the US will be in a civil war within 10 years, it is too politically divided to carry on, the is 2 totally polar opposite mind sets in the US.

I'm sure if there was an American on british tv shitting on the British crown and spouting off at the mouth about all of your countries policies you'd feel the same way I do about these foreign pundits.

America can't be too bad because we allow foreigners to come here and flourish and reap millions of $ like Oliver and noah.

No other country on earth affords that type of potential to foreign invaders.

:laughing:

All this statement does is verify that you cannot think for yourself and most likely never will.

Latest posts

Latest posts