What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best strains for growing trees?

Hey everyone!!!! I was gone for a little but I'm back!!!!! Hahahah why I left idk almost died from breaking my neck. Lost a federal lawsuit in which I was almost guranteed to win and worst of all I lost the only person that ever mattered to me in this world. So I'm back doing what always made me happy, Growing!!!! So my question is what strains are you guys running for vertical trees? This will be my first tree grow, I have a few vert donut grows so any advice on strains and growing trees info would be highly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks everyone hope to hear some great info soon!!!!:comfort:

Oh by the way I use canna coco and their nutes with 1000w hps's. I was at local hydro store and he pretty much was saying house and garden, canna is yesterday's stuff??? Is there something better you guys using? Sorry I know I'm going off topic.

Miraculous Meds

Anything balanced for coir at 1 to 1.2ec will work fine. I am using up the rest of my gh 6/9, then switching over to jacks.

U want a 50/50 strain that fills in the tree style canopy. Here's one of my favorites to run tree style.
Death star
picture.php

Wow that looks great Miraculous!!!! I gotta ask what did you pull off her??? Just curious what people are pulling per plant doing these type of style grows? I have a 6 plant limit and I'm trying to do my very best.

Miraculous Meds

That round averaged 17 to 19 oz plants. Best I've done so far is 24 oz plants. There's plenty of room for improvement. The goal is 2.5lbers with a 1k in the middle and a better shaped plant in a dialed environment.

digging

Thanks for stopping by Tony. Always great to hear from you.

This is great news !!!

I gues it's fair and great to say, if gg#4 grows great trees, Gorilla Bubble will grow equally great trees ?

I am going to grow them with hybrid, vertical and horizontal lighting as we have discussed earlier :)

4-20-17 and your release of BX4 is right around the corner :)

I'm looking at Strains from bodhi. I really wana try his stuff, does anyone know of a great yielder from his seeds? Also looking at Bruce banner bx 2 and rug burn og. If anyone wants to share there info on best seeds avalible right now?

Are you looking for a strain that will have a 3x stretch after flipping the lights to minimize the amount of veg time? If not then 3/4 of varieties can become trees if vegged and scrog long enough. Look at different breeders stock, they usually recommend flowering there tall varieties early to avoid height problems... Or tell you to expect a 3x stretch or something along that type of description. I had grown out 10-12 oz plants thats my biggest inside, wasn't really trying to get more, they we're mother's that weren't being cloned much needed the space in the veg room. Mother's Finest from Sensi would have some good phenos for tree's, grew that one in 2003 and crazy stretch and branching, plants would had a 3-4 x stretch crazy compared to everything else I have tried since. Got some 1-1/2 lb trees outside from my mother's finest clones that summer, stalks the size of beer bottles ! For the short summers here that's impressive.

From the ones I have personally tried, Jillybean from tga, AK 99 joey weed, Agent Orang tga, Mother's Finest sensi, Power Plant dutch passion, Jack Herer sensi are all capable of being grown into tree's with a long enough veg time and some strategic topping and training. Some big 15 gal Rubbermaid roughnecks for the growing containers filled with some organic amendments such as worm castings and bat guano etc with extra perlite for added drainage and aeration fed with organic tea's and aerated compost teas for super living soil with beneficial bacteria. Or big rdwc storage bins like 10+ gallons per plant, depends if you prefer soil or hydro..

Latest posts

Latest posts