What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida MMJ

SouthernHaze

Does anyone have any insight on the mmj program here in florida. Serious entrepreneurs looking to start our way in the medical field, preparing for rec.
I'd like to hear from others in other states that were first. How did you get first in line? What trials do we face?. What cultivation hurdles will we face? I'm just trying to think of everything I haven't.
Our plan is caregiving and med dispensary until rec is legalized.

DeadBaby

As of right now cultivation is still illegal in FL and there are no collective license being issued anytime soon as of what ive read up on.

DeadBaby

Amendment 2 does not: change the laws prohibiting driving under the influence of marijuana or require that employers and educational institutions allow patients to use medical marijuana at the workplace or on school grounds. Amendment 2 does not allow patients to smoke marijuana in public.

It also does not change federal law, which totally prohibits marijuana possession and distribution. While Congress and the Department of Justice have set policies to prevent enforcement action from being taken against those complying with certain medical marijuana laws, the conflicting federal policy has created issues with banking and with patients’ ability to purchase and perhaps possess guns.

MR.GreenTacos

What I've heard locally is that it could take them up to 2 yrs to set up all The protocols for licensing the different aspects,I too am waiting patiently so we can set up a dispensary/ gourmet bakery .

M

meowmeowmeow

Before I left a month ago ...... a friend meet one of the seven granted a license to grow from that debacle of a lottery the state set up.
Homeboy didn't even have his shit set up yet from what my friend told me.

It wasn't hard to leave after 35 years........

Tentme

This is something I check on daily for info and I keep coming up short. I'm hoping to get out of my current field and get back to growing again, but legal. Looking to start a dispensary or at least be a grower for one.

M

meowmeowmeow

Tentme my advice is to try to network, but people don't speak about cannabis in the open much. That may change?

The dude I mentioned was in the Ft Pierce/Port St Lucie area.
I was in Trampa and already lived 10 yrs in WPB, so I was not interested.

Most people in the industry here (CO) have stated to me ignorantly, but they say their employers already have space in the Dade/Broward area....
they get a 'meh' with a shrug and good luck with that from me.
Unless you have the cash or political power/influence you probably will never sniff the opportunity in Florida to own or start a dispensary. Sorry. Not in dick mode just honest.

Example in my area for you.
http://www.westword.com/marijuana/d...tail-marijuana-license-is-november-30-8530534

Good Luck.

Last edited:

ubi

the law says they have 9 months to get the licensing taken care of........ so we will see..

love and hate colorado,
and yea first couple of years are the roughest, especially when the MED comes in day before harvest and says, " oh we just noticed that your genetics are not from another dispensary so we have to confiscate this whole crop sorry..." ............ yea right. the kinda crap that regulation brings.

With florida being as fuked up as it is, i suspect this and other regulatory BS will happen 10x more often in the Sunshine State.

just my guess

GainGreene

I as well was dealing with one of the 5 or so granted the right to grow due to having nursery for 30yrs large setup etc... Buddy was looking for a place to buy in Miami-dade. You must be a certain distance from schools, churches, parks etc which can make the task at hand very difficult. On top of that he wanted to spend only $1M so they were very limited to which area they could go. I'm from down there I always wondered if it could work in Miami where folks won't be just waiting to rob your ass and follow you home for your medicine. Anyways this is a shit show for our state and if you have to go to the ghetto to get your meds that shit ain't safe. Dude was looking for places in Hialeah has to be a certain type of industrial location many hoops to jump thru. Nothing like Colorado where there is 10 on the same street.

M

meowmeowmeow

All good and true to me statements guys.

Really sad to deprive potential patients with GREED and MONEY GRABBING.

And GG it's not exactly on every corner here like liquor stores...........but we can change that. :biggrin:

120Octane

What I was told only 5 licences were issued and you had to have a horticulture biz in florida that has been in place 30 years. Dispense I dont know. Caregiver is if you have a med card you can pick up another card holders order. There not allowing the public to grow on any level. 25 plants or less will be a misdameonor. If you search google and read you will see it stated the state doesnt want canna to be like a pill mill and the state is going to have a very strigent policy on canna.

M

meowmeowmeow

. If you search google and read you will see it stated the state doesnt want canna to be like a pill mill and the state is going to have a very strigent policy on canna.

That's why I left. So much for collecting data from decriminalized states. Ignorance. :wallbash:

ubi

the whole 10 years in ag. biz thing, was with the old medical licenses for cbd low thc production.

lets hope they make it accessible to all. i hope.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Personally, I'm beating the shit out of my 60s and whatever happens I stay underground. I'm a believer that if the feds take Canna off the 'useless 'drug'' list (#1) and make it a schedule #2 drug, that'll make some difference to the recreational possibilities cause if a schedule#2then must get a script from a doctor, and then must go to a pharmacy , not a dispensary, to have it filled.. florida wants no more issues like the 'pill mill' debacle of a few years ago. I also believe that when the Dems get back in power
groan.gif
, they WILL go after your guns.. its the way they are.
bbrothersmiles.gif

M

meowmeowmeow

Snook I do agree until Uncle Sam drops that schedule 1 shit......you'll never see what potential the plant has.
And yes the 'grey area' exists here and I was asked about it the other day by someone.
Viva la underground.

To compare cannabis to the 'pill mills' is horse shit to me and sounds completely and utterly uneducated.
Even out here it's not perfect and never will be with the booze, pharm & tobacco industries drumming up misinformation.

The state granted all those licenses to those places. Pam Bondi did a good job on the mills, but IMO has her head in her ass about cannabis due to big pharm.
It took the state literally 10 years to admit there was an Rx problem. I had 1st hand experience while doing telephony work in a pill mill and saw the ca$h and carry process.

Welcum two aMurica ya'll :deadhorse

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Snook I do agree until Uncle Sam drops that schedule 1 shit......you'll never see what potential the plant has.
And yes the 'grey area' exists here and I was asked about it the other day by someone.
Viva la underground.

To compare cannabis to the 'pill mills' is horse shit to me and sounds completely and utterly uneducated.
Even out here it's not perfect and never will be with the booze, pharm & tobacco industries drumming up misinformation.

The state granted all those licenses to those places. Pam Bondi did a good job on the mills, but IMO has her head in her ass about cannabis due to big pharm.
It took the state literally 10 years to admit there was an Rx problem. I had 1st hand experience while doing telephony work in a pill mill and saw the ca$h and carry process.

uneducated is keeping it on the Sch#1 list, meow.. and the governor is a pharma disciple.. OTOH, contrary to many think, I think hes done a good job in FL overall.. hes not the only crony that's not on the right/correct side. cant expect allot more after that. The pill mill era was funny. "no drugs except ours!"
thnursesmileyf.gif

Never know about the incoming pres though, an oxymoron (no pun intended) business vs pleasure.. knida like conservatives vs liberals.. we'll see which way he goes.. the Rs have to give up on one of their unapproachable 'social positions' weed is kickin them in the ass and not going away... Liberals will call it racism somehow.
imoksmiley.gif

M

meowmeowmeow

Did someone say.......

Skeletor.jpg

That guy's a fucking idiot.....that's all I will say about politics.

Have a good week all. :laughing:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Viva la underground.

'uneducated'? WTF does that mean? right now, the government compares cannabis to heroin (schedule #1) if they move it to schedule 2, it will be treated like valium or oxis'... 'they' will produce and regulate MMJ production the same as those synthetic drugs.. scripts will then come from doctors to be filled at a pharmacy, not a dispensary.... Florida had that pill problem for quite some time and I'm sure they will not allow another "DRUG", as described by the feds (not me!) to be fast tracked to the public.. dead horse? guess youre right there..
EDIT: sorry,meow, didn't realize I had answered already..