What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

ULMW

Violeta Fem

Violeta Fem

Nice to have this in my garden again.
Just moving her into bloom tonight

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Grover Sativa

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well...
here are a few pictures of my only Violeta - I grew her outdoors in the UK (East Anglia)

Originally I had 2 plants from some seeds I've had in my collection for a while (like years!). I thought it was about time I planted them... I think there were 5 seeds.

1 male and 1 female - male culled.

I have no experience with Violeta but I am going to guess that this plant is fairly on the side of the Purple Pakistani Kush and not the Malawi...mainly from the leaves in the flower clusters and the dark colours. Of course I could be wrong.

At first, the weather was not kind and she spent a lot of the initial flowering period in a grey, cloudy way but the last few weeks have been great and it has really bought her on.

The smells have always been fairly strong and pungent and almost exactly as described on Ace's catalogue - plenty of forest fruit and red grape and a sweet caramel that is dense, so yes very much like a good Balsamic Vinegar without any sharp vinegar edge. It is very nice.

It is early, yes - I have been force flowering her by placing her in a dark space for 12 hours each night (it is not heated in there, so gets as cold as it is outdoors but sheltered from wind and rain, thank God)

Enjoy!

Grover
(photos below)

Grover Sativa

This is the whole plant. She is in about 17 litres of my organic soil. I have been using it for a good few years and remixing it with fresh rotted compost and seaweed extract (sometimes) each year - it seems to work well.
I don't feed the plant at all but I feed the soil organisms with a composted plant extract in the water with each water - I guess it has plenty of nutrients to feed the plant AND the soil, in truth...

This season I noticed a few insect munches on this plant (and a few others) which I suspected were Spider Mite but then I saw lots of Lady Bugs on there and no Spider mite and that was very early in flower and I have seen no problems at all since. I guess healthy and organic plants, within an organic system, can fight their own battles (at least to some extent)

Grover Sativa

There is every shade in the purple rainbow from light pink to deep purple but that last photo is actually a Panama - it snuck in. Sorry. I will try to delete it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Grover Sativa,

Glad you have had a good experience growing Violeta regular in UK :)
Beautiful buds, classic main colorful Violeta phenotype. The goal with Violeta was to produce a dominant colorful PCK expression with its fast flowering, resistance and classic forest fruit terpenes, but with improved vigor, yield and potency. Pure PCK never produces colas and flowers producing separated buds like many pure indica hashplants do, Violeta on the other hand produces nice colas of improved flower/leaf ratio, the balsamic touch in Violeta also comes from Malawi influence.

Thanks a lot for the good amount of pics, your feedback is much appreciated :yes:

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well...
here are a few pictures of my only Violeta - I grew her outdoors in the UK (East Anglia)

Originally I had 2 plants from some seeds I've had in my collection for a while (like years!). I thought it was about time I planted them... I think there were 5 seeds.

1 male and 1 female - male culled.

I have no experience with Violeta but I am going to guess that this plant is fairly on the side of the Purple Pakistani Kush and not the Malawi...mainly from the leaves in the flower clusters and the dark colours. Of course I could be wrong.

At first, the weather was not kind and she spent a lot of the initial flowering period in a grey, cloudy way but the last few weeks have been great and it has really bought her on.

The smells have always been fairly strong and pungent and almost exactly as described on Ace's catalogue - plenty of forest fruit and red grape and a sweet caramel that is dense, so yes very much like a good Balsamic Vinegar without any sharp vinegar edge. It is very nice.

It is early, yes - I have been force flowering her by placing her in a dark space for 12 hours each night (it is not heated in there, so gets as cold as it is outdoors but sheltered from wind and rain, thank God)

Enjoy!

Grover
(photos below)

Grover Sativa

Hi Grover Sativa,

Glad you have had a good experience growing Violeta regular in UK :)
Beautiful buds, classic main colorful Violeta phenotype. The goal with Violeta was to produce a dominant colorful PCK expression with its fast flowering, resistance and classic forest fruit terpenes, but with improved vigor, yield and potency. Pure PCK never produces colas and flowers producing separated buds like many pure indica hashplants do, Violeta on the other hand produces nice colas of improved flower/leaf ratio, the balsamic touch in Violeta also comes from Malawi influence.

Thanks a lot for the good amount of pics, your feedback is much appreciated :yes:

Easy there, Dubster - many thanks for the info!

So, a straight-up Violeta phenotype? That makes me straight-up delighted!
You were right telling me to plant those seeds - even though I only ended up with 1 female, what a female! She was well worth it.
The Violeta has been a really good fun grow. She asks for very little, seems perfectly happy in the rich organic soil and is the least thirsty and least hungry of all my plants.

Due to her compact profile, she has taken up very little space and thrived in just 17 litres of soil - I usually use 30 to 100 litres to grow even the smallest sativa... that made it really easy for me to move her into a dark place each night in order that she could flower in the better sunshine of July than September and also for me to move her about with the sunbeams in order to get the maximum sunshine on her half malawi flowers. I suppose that I could probably get 3 crops per year of Violeta this way - I would be very happy to have her around..

I had no problems with insects - in fact she fought off an attempted attack (by invaders from a cucumber plant) with absolute ease.
There was not a single calyx lost to rot.

The cold nights did not affect her one bit and she didn't mind the cloudy days either - but she only really 'thrived' on the days that she saw some sunshine. If she saw 4 hours or more of good sunshine on any day then you could really see the affect the next morning! If she did not then things were slower. It is almost as if she happily waits for the sunshine to carry on where she left off.
Timing the harvest in order to end after a good sunny week would be preferable (if possible.)

The glorious couple of weeks of sunshine we have seen here have REALLY brought her on in terms of flower and resin quality, although the terpenes were always there, as were the colours.

Overall, she asks for very little and has been happy from beginning to end. She has not been troubled by rot, critter, cloud or cold but does seem to need good sunshine to really show what she can do (the malawi?) She smells beautiful (- on one side a 'bubblegum' berry sweetness and on the other a deep, sharp, caramelised grape) and is about the prettiest marijuana plant I ever saw.

I can't wait until she is dried and well cured so that I can smoke those pink/red and purple flowers.

I am sure that I will grow her again next year - at the very least for the beauty of her colours and aromas.

Quick questions - how does she breed? Do the colours come through well? How do the crosses turn out - with kush-style indicas? - with sativas? - with 'green' varieties? Is she one to turn to if you want to add colour to a line? or create a purple hybrid?

I don't know why but I want to cross Violeta with Kali China and see what happens..

Take care all - and thanks for the info, Dubster

GS

ULMW

Hi ULMW :wave: How is your Violeta doing ? Already into flowering ? Best wishes! :ying:

Greetings Dubi. Thanks for the message.

My Violetta iss in flower and just starting sshow some color. I am struggling with her however as she is remaining very small. I did not top her of anything but still,She is small. It reminds me of the one I grew years ago. Great smoke at the end.

Let's see what happens as she blooms more.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So beautiful Violeta ULMW :huggy: She is almost exactly like PCK 2002 mother! Strawberry chewing gum aromas ? Really nice resins :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Grover Sativa! Love your passionate comments on your Violeta :)

To answer your question, colorful PCKs and dominant PCK hybrids like Violeta easily transfer their colors into outcrosses (in half or more of the offspring), even when crossed with green strains (also other desirable traits like early flowering, resistance against cold, heat, mold, pests, etc ...). A good example of what you have in mind is the PCK x Kali China limited edition: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=302426

You can cross her with other almost pure indica strains and get very good results, but i really prefer sativa x PCK hybrids, in my experience best PCK hybrids are produced by crossing PCK with a high quality pure sativa of not much more than 3 months of flowering, then it produces amazing perfectly balanced sativa/indica hybrids with best traits from both sides... too much indica usually produces hybrids of lower yields and too much leaf in the buds.