What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Here you can use this to mount right to an aluminum plate to your camera tripod. As you see the assembly simply screws off so you don't even need to get the screws, just drill the right size holes diagonally and mount. Diagonally the fixture measures about 5.7" or 4" square so the top aluminum strip (that holds light fixture) should be at least 7" long, bent 2" high and I leave 7" again for bottom.

Sun System Socket Assembly 15 Foot:
300604-metal-halide-5kv-lamp-mogul-socket-assembly-25-ft-power-cord-a.jpg

Speedy Metals 6061 aluminum strip 1/8" x 2" x 16" for $3.20:
Flat.jpg

61%2BPdT1%2Bt1L._SL1200_.jpg

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Hello ICMag, I thought I'd write up a little tutorial thread on how I built my tripod lamp holder. There are a few ways that you can setup your lamps for a stacked vert grow, my last run I had 2 bulbs connected with chains which brought about some problems including dead zones and bulbs not being fully independent.

The new design leaves the 2 bulbs fully independent from each other and both bulbs will be fully adjustable to the correct height with ease plus it's very stable and will last a long time.

Items and tools required

Dutch Barn style reflector, you will want one with the aluminum strip that runs up the back of the shade, pictures below.
A pair of pliers
Drill
Angle grinder
Camera tripod
Drill bit, bolt, & nut that need to be the correct size to fit through the tripods small mount piece.
That's what makes this one of my favorite ideas for stacked bulbs. Fully adjustable and nothing hanging at all is blocking the lights. Thanks again Hundred Gram Oz! :thank you:

Tutu

I bought an e40 lamp fitting for $3 and wired my own but it has to be hung from the ceiling this looks a good solution for my bottom lamp and hang the top one ;)

Top marks :)

perismoke

I have a self-assembled double bulb vertical fixture...2 Hortilux 315 CMH ..the bottom one facing up and the top one facing down...The Ace Panama X Malawi love all the PAR