What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Evidence Cannabis Cures Not Causes Schizophrenia

therevverend

Veteran
Specifically CBD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29241357

I like how they included animals AND humans in the study. This story's old, I found another study from 2006. It's ironic that prohibitionists keep running out the old bullshit about cannabis causing schizophrenia while never mentioning that CBD helps schizophrenics. Now that CBD is approved for use basically worldwide this means a lot of sick people will get much better.

The gist of these studies is that some people's psychosis that were thought uncurable are relieved with CBD. Other people will not have to take a heap of toxic, harsh drugs to keep their disease in check because they can switch to CBD. (Consult a physician before discontinuing your medication and switching to CBD!)

CBD has been found to be entirely safe for schizophrenics to use. Keep in mind that THC is a very different drug and unsafe for a lot of mentally ill people. I mentioned my schizophrenic friend in another post, I have another friend who's kind of crazy, bipolar I'm assuming. Plus alcoholism. He hates pot, gets really depressed and fucked when he gets stoned. Can't deal with the mental aspect of it. He's amazed that people enjoy it, it cracks me up a bit when we talk about it.

He's a very sensitive person, great artist. He gets on edge easily, grew up on an isolated island with a lot of eccentric people. He's ended up back on the island, his sanctuary. I don't think he does well in large cities and the modern crazy world. There's more people like that then you'd think, probably very sensitive to small metabolic changes. Stuff like alcohol, caffeine, sugar, cannabis, LSD, have extreme effects on the balance of of chemicals in their brains.

I'd think you could screen these sort of people as being an at risk group for using psychedelics. Probably from things like alcohol and cocaine as well. The problem is that you have people like me and probably a lot of you, that others would consider a bit crazy and at risk who have thrived from the effects of cannabis.

I hope there will be more science uncovering this in the future,
always found it interresting how different we precieve the effects of cannabis from person to person...

Drewsif

I hope there will be more science uncovering this in the future,
always found it interresting how different we precieve the effects of cannabis from person to person...

Exactly. Cbd to me feels like the thick mud coffee we 'drank' in jail. Makes me knock shit over, fumble with keys, etc. Cant see how it'd help legitimately crazy people if it can't help with ptsd.

Reminds me of the seizure kid propaganda.. They attribute it to cbd but you know there was some thc in there.

He was often on pharma meds too..... court ordered and often the police would pick him up and haul him in for his shot.
Though he was off his meds, which he hated, when he ended it.

Latest posts

Latest posts