What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixed Ace grow

If memory serves I usually veg for about 8 weeks from seed. I find Ace genetics to be very vigorous. Once they come out of the seedling stage they grow like mad, as I’m sure you’ve noticed. I’ve not had a grow lately and I’ve always liked growing big plants, but I’m hatching a plan for a micro grow.

Your regime isn’t too far from my last grow with Panama Haze. I used Guanokalong soil and nutes. I found the soil was not buffering at all so I added some lime and it seemed to fix it. That along with twice weekly worm casting tea applications and it worked quite well.

When I lived in Canada I could get very close to clackamacoots (sp?) method with cheap, high quality locally sourced amendments and composts. Unfortunately the UK is far behind that. Everyone’s growing hydro it seems so most of the available hard organics are the standard blood and bone used in grannys veggie patch. I have found a supplier called indoor organics that sells the good stuff, but it’s not cheap. I still might give it a go soon. Check them out, you might find it quite interesting.

Your latest garden pic looks great. Seems set to take off. Looking forward to seeing them in a month or two or three.

Xochi

Yeah man the genetics seem to be a lot more resilient too, popped a couple other strains this grow too which didn’t pop. Was tempted to veg for longer but thought I’d play it safe. Don’t want the buds getting up to the lights. Also thinking about the latitude stretch, I’ve only been thinking of the main colas growing vertically, not considered side growth. May need to do some more training, it’s going to get packed in there!

I’ve heard a few use Guanokalong and only heard good things. What nutes do you use? This is my second grow and I knew I wanted to grow organically/ no till, even veggies so went straight into that.

There are quite a few U.K. organic growers just got to keep an eye out, not many commercial organic ones though as given the legal status peeps want guaranteed yields and results.

I sourced most things from eBay. I’ve seen the indoor organic shop, thought it was a bit expensive but it does have everything in one place and a good place to get ideas from.

Xochi

I used teas in my first grow, and could see nice growth after, I usually gave it after some hardcore pruning which I did. Which I won’t be doing this time maybe some leaves here and there.

Want to make some fpj for this grow just need the time to get around to it.

Your second grow? Wow. You’ve done a great job. You’ve obviously done a lot of research.

I used the guanokalong grow and bloom bottled nutes and some bat guano and palm tree ash also from that company that I top dressed.

I found that in comparison to my past regime of diverse solid organic amendments/compost well cooked in the soil - bottled nutes gave me nice big buds but the taste and smell was lacking a bit.

Having said that, it was very convenient and still produced some high quality flowers.

Because my next grow is going to be tiny I’m thinking about buying one of those £50 bags of soil from indoor organics. It should last me a couple of years so although it’s expensive for what it is, it’s still probably a lot cheaper in the short term than collecting up all the stuff I need on eBay etc.

Xochi

My last grow was lacking in smell when you smelt the bud but when you cracked it you could smell the goodness. With taste in joints wasn’t the best but vaping it it’s very nice and distinct tastes. Thought I would get bigger buds but I think cause I scrogged a lot the buds were going to be smaller, hence not a lot of training this grow want to try and grow some big buds. Excited to see how this grow turns out!

What kind of set up you going for?

I still have loads of amendments left from my first grow. I unfortunately had to Chuck the soil, I was aiming for notill but due to circumstances couldn’t and had to get rid. It was a beautiful colour, texture and smell to it. I used all amendments from first grow just had to get more compost.

What was your set up which you grew the plants in your pics in?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Wow that's hella impressive for second grow bro, congratulations! We gotta figure out how to post pics from mobile so can get your pics up though. I'll make another post here with some of them for ya.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Xochi

Thank you very much man.

With regards to the grow I just popped some seeds into soil with amendments.

Will have to see how the rest of the grow turns out, still a long way to go!

Think I may have flipped a few weeks to early though. There’s around 160cm from top of pot to lights when they’re at highest. I flipped when the plants were about 40-50cm high after training. Want to get the most out of the space. Also want some big buds!

My last grow was lacking in smell when you smelt the bud but when you cracked it you could smell the goodness. With taste in joints wasn’t the best but vaping it it’s very nice and distinct tastes. Thought I would get bigger buds but I think cause I scrogged a lot the buds were going to be smaller, hence not a lot of training this grow want to try and grow some big buds. Excited to see how this grow turns out!

What kind of set up you going for?

I still have loads of amendments left from my first grow. I unfortunately had to Chuck the soil, I was aiming for notill but due to circumstances couldn’t and had to get rid. It was a beautiful colour, texture and smell to it. I used all amendments from first grow just had to get more compost.

What was your set up which you grew the plants in your pics in?

I’m planning on doing a mini cab grow. I’m still gathering up the equipment to make it happen, so far all I have is a nice cob led with a citizen CLU048 and a big lense and heat sink. For an enclosure I’m thinking about getting a Hallan cabinet from Ikea, top and bottom unit. A couple of computer fans for ventilation. I have a lot to think about to make it all work but it will be fun to build something stealthy and a fun challenge to grow teeny tiny sativas.

My Panama haze and Thai chi pics were from my last grow which was 2x600w HPS in a 8x4” tent.
Anything previous was grown in a 1000w HPS vertical setup I had when I was in Canada. That has been my favourite setup so far for growing sativas. I had lots of space, could grow 6-7 decent sized plants that could stretch all they wanted without worrying about headspace. Another great benefit of that setup is that it was so easy to harvest perpetually because every time a plant was harvested, you could just slot another one in its place. I also had an overflow room for when it got too crowded. It was pretty ghetto but it worked great. I was using 1000w in a space that a lot of guys will put 3000w+ but my grams per watt was huge.

Man you’re going to love the smells of some of these plants. It’s one of the things that keeps me coming back, very unique and interesting smells and flavours with Ace gear. The descriptions are accurate, especially if you grow a few individuals of a strain, you’ll always get a plant that wows you.

I’m not 100% what’s going on with your Panama haze. I think leaf cupping can suggest low humidity but your other plants look good. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it.

Now you know how to post pics you can fill this thread up with them.

Sorry for blathering on, i’m blaming the Panama haze. Cured for almost a year now, it really gets me going. :whee:

Last edited:

Xochi

That sounds good man, the Hallan cabinets look sleek! Will be interesting to see. Let me know once you’ve set up. I’m seeing the stretch now and understanding how big they can get!

There was some yellowing on the bottom leaves, I think it may be nitrogen deficiency or maybe cause they’re getting no light at the bottom, think I may need to start trimming some of the bottom growth, going to wait till after stretch first though.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also popped in the tent during lights off and all the plants were drooping!! Hoping it’s just a lights out thing. These pics are from Friday, I didnt have time to check the tent yesterday. Will do it tonight.

picture.php

And in the light
picture.php

Xochi

Here’s a couple pics from today. They’re stretching!!! Going to swap the 930s back to 942s. I only have 3 942s as one broke. I will put the 930 over the Panama haze.

The Zamaldelica (top left) is very close to the light and is loving it, although I did raise it as the neighboring plants weren’t so much. I have a sssdh too (top right) same distance from the light and it’s showing signs of light burn.

Hoping the plants do t get tooo tall, they’ve only been in flower for 1 week!!!

picture.php

picture.php

There’s 9 plants. Top row;
Zamaldelica , Panama x Bhangi Haze, SSSDH

Middle
Kali China x haze, Panama x Bhangi haze, Hawaiian Haze

Bottom
Malawi x Panama, Oriental express, Panama Haze

Xochi

If anyone has advice please do let me know, this is my second grow and first with pure sats. I’m not good at identifying issues. Will get some close up pics of the plants up soon

I

izzypog

You are doing it right, just curious, is that clovers in your pots? If so, why?

Xochi

Good to know. Got some more pics need to link them on this thread.

Clover for soil structure, add nitrogen to soil, water retention when the plants didn’t shadow over the soil, roots to keep soil active when the canna roots hadn’t developed and for the worms. Also top dress for when they die/ I kill them off.

Looking great Xochi. I’m loving the look of the slender leafed girl in the middle.

You will learn a lot from this grow and probably tweak things a bit going forward but your plants look happy enough so no worries. You’re definitely on the right track and you’ll be up with the best of them once you have a few more grows under your belt.

Last edited:
I

izzypog

Good to know. Got some more pics need to link them on this thread.

Clover for soil structure, add nitrogen to soil, water retention when the plants didn’t shadow over the soil, roots to keep soil active when the canna roots hadn’t developed and for the worms. Also top dress for when they die/ I kill them off.

Not a bad idea, I may try that someday.