What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace mix keepers

JockBudman

Onto the PQs, one nearing the end of her life, one in middle age

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganja gu brah :joint:

JockBudman

Here's the wispy clones looking sad

picture.php

As you can all see, they never gained any height at all. I'm proper bummed out to be honest, I can't figure it out.

Is there a massive lack of stretch in clones as compared to seeds? Maybe I flowered them too soon but I didn't think they were much smaller than the cuts I just harvested from PQ and my mandala plant and those finished at about 18 inches.

The only other thing different is that I made my own soil up to flower them in. But if it's that then I don't know why - I was actually using recycled soil before and the stuff I just finished was way bigger and yeilded more than these will.

If anyone has any ideas let me know - I can post my soil mix if needed. I was aiming for the method mandala use, good soil, feed mainly water and keep the fertiliser EC below .8 when you use it. Seems to have gone badly wrong :dunno:

SolarLogos

Here's the wispy clones looking sad

View Image

As you can all see, they never gained any height at all. I'm proper bummed out to be honest, I can't figure it out.

Is there a massive lack of stretch in clones as compared to seeds? Maybe I flowered them too soon but I didn't think they were much smaller than the cuts I just harvested from PQ and my mandala plant and those finished at about 18 inches.

The only other thing different is that I made my own soil up to flower them in. But if it's that then I don't know why - I was actually using recycled soil before and the stuff I just finished was way bigger and yeilded more than these will.

If anyone has any ideas let me know - I can post my soil mix if needed. I was aiming for the method mandala use, good soil, feed mainly water and keep the fertiliser EC below .8 when you use it. Seems to have gone badly wrong :dunno:
Good Day JB,
Quick question: Did you pick your clone after the mother had completed or nearly completed her stretch? If so, did you flower immediately or send them back into veg for a sufficient period of time for them to acclimate to the veg stage before flowering? I can't say if it makes a difference because I haven't experimented with that, but something to consider why they might not have stretched much. You still are going to have some nice smoke, nice job friend.

Peace, God bless

JockBudman

Good Day JB,
Quick question: Did you pick your clone after the mother had completed or nearly completed her stretch? If so, did you flower immediately or send them back into veg for a sufficient period of time for them to acclimate to the veg stage before flowering? I can't say if it makes a difference because I haven't experimented with that, but something to consider why they might not have stretched much. You still are going to have some nice smoke, nice job friend.

Peace, God bless

You're right actually, I took a clone off a flowering plant and revegged it but it was fully vegging again for a while before I took cuts.

I'm sure you're right and it won't hurt the quality of the smoke but I need to build a stockpile up - I smoke a shit ton and I hate running out between harvests :laughing:

SolarLogos

You're right actually, I took a clone off a flowering plant and revegged it but it was fully vegging again for a while before I took cuts.

I'm sure you're right and it won't hurt the quality of the smoke but I need to build a stockpile up - I smoke a shit ton and I hate running out between harvests :laughing:
Glad I could help. I didn't think it was your soil, it looked good. Hope the smoke exceeds your expectation.
Peace, God bless

JockBudman

Just a quick update to say I've killed off the wispy mum. I harvested the two clones I was running that were seeded with afghan pollen and the high was just not there enough. It was the same with the mum but I kept her in case she was better second run out. Nope. Too light for my tastes. She got chucked in the hash bag and I've now got a load of Wispy X Afghan Kush seeds to play with if I ever have time.

Started a second pq mum as well so I'm thinking of flowering out the original in a few weeks when I'm back from holiday. I'll also be starting old timers haze and African buzz to collect purple male pollen for crosses with the pq. After that I may let her go. I'm racking up clones at the moment and still have ot haze, Panama and zamaldelica plus a half pack of ace mix and a pack of tropical mix to hunt through for breeding mums and dads, as well as all the other strains I've got to run from other breeders.

Too many beans, never enough time and space. C'est la vie

:tiphat:

JockBudman

A wee final nail in this coffin:

Purple Queen is long gone, she died off after a root pruning when she was already in a weak state. I was trying to fix her to get a few last cuts but it didn't work and sadly I binned her after she just sat there, slowly dying for several weeks after the surgery.

However.

I think I know what she was now. I ran a 5 pack of Panama regs at the end of last year and due to the cold, stress, too much N etc one of them only just came down in the last few weeks. It's a very wispy sativa type plant that just kept pushing pistils even as the sugar leaves died off and foxtailed endlessly. She also smells very similar to the PQ and the vapour (I switched to vaping only about a month ago) as well as a dry toke through the cold vape, is dead on for flavour with the PQ. The high is very similar too, so I'd say she was a Panama X PCK cross. Don't know enough to say which was the male and which the female but I'm sure that's what it was.

Now I just need to save up for a 10 pack of each and I can start hacking my way to colourful, delicious plants :joint:

JockBudman

Well, ah just cropped some zamaldelica an the smell is much closer to the PQ than the Panama was. Feel like the bud structure was quite close an all, especially wi the taller pheno ah got.

@dubi - did you guys ever do a pck X zamaldelica cross? Just wonder if that might be the other parent in the old Purple Queen.

Latest posts

Latest posts