What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt feminized limited edition

orfeas

Veteran
Hi 40degsouth!
funny we are on the same parallel but different hemisphere... :)
outdoors is my growing venue and the particular plant sprouted on May 14th and it's been getting 7-8 hrs direct sunlight...been growing in that spot for quite some time and it looks as if them plants are fairly happy in the "den"...
good luck with yours!

:tiphat:orfeas

G

JLb6fWg.jpg
TVyYkNI.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey, you wouldn't read about it, l just picked up the last pack again 🎉🙏, this is just meant to be. I'm even more excited now Dubi, I've read your post about five times so it all sinks in!! Thank you so much for your answers l really do appreciate the time you've taken out of your day to help.
I'm thinking, now I've got some back ups, l might start three under a Light at 14 hours, in September, to see the difference between seed starts and plants started earlier, when they're put out in November.??
I hope l can match the growth rates Orfeas has produced when our daylight hours are at their longest, around the end of December.
I would love to update the thread as to my experiences and how the plants are doing. I can't express how much I'm enjoying the vibe of the "Ace thread" and the casual, relaxed manner Dubi and the senior members bring to the party; it reminds me of "The Growing Large Plants Outdoors" thread when it first started.........may it rest in peace 😩
Thanks everyone and good luck with the grows to come 😉

You are most welcome 40degsouth :)

Glad you feel comfortable among us. Please, don't hesitate to ask any question you could have when you start the season.

orfeas

Veteran
wheee, flowering has just begun giving me hope for a late September/early October chop... :)
apologies for the vague pic but from now on no more full body shots for the den's got pretty crammed...

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100633.jpg
    P1100633.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1100634.jpg
    P1100634.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 20

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks orfeas for sharing your Black Domina x ErdPurt in early floweing at the beginning of August :) She has stretched more than usual, looking for the vertical light in that spot.
Guess she must be starting to produce nice nuggets, resins and aromas at this point.

Currently have some of these outside and they are very nice plants hoping for a dry month to finish them with little or no mold cause the buds are very dense

Attachments

• 20180831_181040.jpg
    20180831_181040.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180902_163432.jpg
    20180902_163432.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180902_162826.jpg
    20180902_162826.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180825_094619.jpg
    20180825_094619.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 22

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome NativeRedman :)

Thanks for sharing pics of your outdoor BD 98 x ErdPurt, glad you are enjoying with her. Kindly, make some pics of the whole plant and whole colas so we can appreciate better her development and stage of flowering. Wishing you also have a dry and benign September.

I had to prune a lot of the leafs for better air flow but still happy with the way they have turned out. Probably another two or three weeks and I will have to chop them. My pics really suck to they are better looking in person lol

Attachments

• 20180903_171236.jpg
    20180903_171236.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180903_170632.jpg
    20180903_170632.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 27

Fatty Bubba

Looking forward to try this. Some years ago I purchased a bag of
Legends Ultimate Indica beans(remake of old spice of life's strain,
f2's or whatever they were? dunno) from Derg Corra collective and
got prolly a dozen of black domina 98 seeds as a freebie.
They were labelled as "black domina f3's from old sensi stock"
I grew them in 3 litter airpots, medium was coco coir, most of them were very good(yield & smoke vise) and i found one pheno that
made such a show off kinda looking buds, big as hell even when topped.. Only down side was that they weren't very mold resistant.
So I'm askin how is this line? Has the erdpurt crossing proven the mold resistance?

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
Hope you're well and your plants are better. Just tried to update the thread but when l clicked on " Post Quick Reply" it took me to the "log in" section, even though l already had and once l did, never took me back, or posted, my original post.
Just wanted to make sure this goes through before trying again. ��

40degsouth

I've been holding off posting in the hope that I'll have some good news about the first pack l ordered turning up but it hasn't and I don't think it will. I just hope whoever is in possession needs them more than l do and treats them with the respect the genetics deserve and appreciates the hard work and energy that's gone into the tiny seeds. There's also no way l can track the package.
Given this set back and the fact l was really looking forward to growing some of the other plants that were in the order, l reordered through my regular seedbank, which has never failed to get through, due to their detail in stealth shipping.
I decided to plant three seeds, in sterilised peat pellets with the bottoms cut out for unhindered root development, in early September. Two plants broke ground in 48 hours and the other one took an extra 36.
This plant got to about an inch high, with the seed cap still on, and stalled. I left it for a couple of days as one of the flouro globes went out and her sister's stretched a bit more, than l would have liked, for light.
This is a handy technique for deep plantings of seedlings for extra root development and stops transplant shock in older seedlings with the added benefit of extra root development as well, so it's not that bad.
By the time I got to her she had, kind of, damped off but the stem and cotelyedons were still healthy. I made a hole and pushed her into the growing medium and have been watering with a few drops of willow water every second day. She's now growing her second set of leaves and looking healthy. 🖖
It looks like I've got two different phenos as one has indica looking leaves and the other has thin, long, almost sativa leaves, so far in the early development.
I'm going to plant the most vigorous lady into a 1000 just to see what they can do and at the moment I'm struggling with the whole, to amend or not to amend......that's the question!!!!
Other than that, I've been feeling a bit behind this year and rushed, probably because I'm usually tending seedlings at this time of the year but the moon planting cycle is about two weeks behind. Mostly though, because l haven't got everything done that l wanted to.
In my experience this is a time to do the exact opposite and think deeply about what's going on and realise that I'm actually in front of where l was this time last year.
I'd like to finish off by thanking Orfeas for his reply and to say that l know exactly what you mean about "parallels". I find it bizarre that when you're getting up, I'm going to sleep and when you're pulling your plants, I'm planting mine. It's also find it amazing that we're both growing the same plants, produced in Spain and they are sisters and we can chat about them; we really are a global community.
It reminds me of the famous picture taken of the earth from space called "The Blue Marble", we are in deed all in this together!!
Anyway I'm wishing you all, all the very best and have enjoyed watching the development of Syd and Orfeas' plants, particularly topped versus untopped and the structure that produced.
NativeRedman 👍
Perhaps you guys could make comment on the bud development and structure when you get time, I'm very interested to hear how that goes. 🍻

G

Hi 40 deg !I would have updated already (being the post whore I am :biggrin: ),but this summer I met the horror of broad /cyclamin mites ,which f*ed up almost all my indicas :wallbash:...Amongst them,this beautiful bd98 x ep...
My specimen had the long slender leaves.I would guess that it was closer to bd than ep.She was in the 3rd-4th week of flowering when I culled it,around 15 August.So I would expect an early september harvest (early march for you).The only budlet I managed to catch a whiff of was strawberry skunky...It really seemed like a yielder.
About the seeds,I'd get in touch with dubi.He always takes care of such issues.
Greetings from 39 N!:wave:

hoki2test

Veteran
BLACK DOMINA 98 X ERD PURT FEM

BLACK DOMINA 98 X ERD PURT FEM

:peacock:Some BLACK DOMINA 98 X ERD PURT FEM i grew recently.....this strain ticks all the box,s....thank you Ace Seeds

picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I had to prune a lot of the leafs for better air flow but still happy with the way they have turned out. Probably another two or three weeks and I will have to chop them. My pics really suck to they are better looking in person lol

Hi NativeRedman,

Thanks for sharing pics of the whole plant!
Really beautiful and healthy plant you had there.
Wish she had enough time to ripen properly before the harvest.
How did she end up ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking forward to try this. Some years ago I purchased a bag of
Legends Ultimate Indica beans(remake of old spice of life's strain,
f2's or whatever they were? dunno) from Derg Corra collective and
got prolly a dozen of black domina 98 seeds as a freebie.
They were labelled as "black domina f3's from old sensi stock"
I grew them in 3 litter airpots, medium was coco coir, most of them were very good(yield & smoke vise) and i found one pheno that
made such a show off kinda looking buds, big as hell even when topped.. Only down side was that they weren't very mold resistant.
So I'm askin how is this line? Has the erdpurt crossing proven the mold resistance?

Hi Fatty Bubba,

Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt works very well in continental climates with dry weather, although like most indicas of big and hard buds it's not the most mold resistant strain in coastal climates or climates with rains during August and September. Take in consideration Black Domina was an indoor strain and was probably not selected for having good outdoor mold resistance. ErdPurt speeds up the flowering and induces an earlier start of flowering, helping the hybrid to be able to finish better under adverse outdoor conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 40degsouth,

Glad you finally managed to get yours, happy to hear you already started them :)
Of course! It will be a pleasure to follow your progresses with this strain or to help you in case you have any doubt or problem. Have a great outdoor season!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely hoki2test :)

Glad to see you also had a successful harvest with this indica limited edition.
Please, let us know your opinion about her after the curing process.
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt out of stock

Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt out of stock

Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt fem stock has been sold out.
It will be discontinued by now, at least until we do a new Erdpurt fem reproduction which will take time to happen.

Thanks to all the growers who have supported and grown this limited edition.
Although we very seldom release hybrids with indoor dutch genetics, it has been a pleasant surprise how well this hybrid has been accepted by growers.

So if you like some of our recent limited editions then keep clones for future use or get your pack while they are available as there's no guarantee they will be available again.