What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bugs go pee pee on leaves.

GORT

I found the culprit! It's this bug, I'm hoping some one can help me in naming this bug. If I can identify this bug I can research how to kill 'em all and pass that info. onto others.
Please do not complain about the pic! I did the best I could in taking a pic of a flying bug, and my hands shake like a whore in church.

Attachments

• DSCN0221A.jpg
    DSCN0221A.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 12

MrBungle

Looks like you got leaf hoppers... Damn good job of getting a pic.. they are hard to catch with the naked eye.. let alone a camera!

GORT

WOW! Thank you for your help everyone.

I looked up Brown Leaf Hopper and this is what I found:
Leaf Hoppers are small multi-colored wedge-shaped pests. There are at least 20,000 different types of leafhoppers, and they can come in lots of different variations from solid to stripes. Colors can range from bright red, green, yellow, blue, pink, torquoise, purple, brown, tan and even black!
I found these to be very helpful:
http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-leafhoppers
and
http://www.arbico-organics.com/produ...in-insecticide

There I discovered 3 different insecticides to kill them off, 1. Cyonara RTS, 2. Monterey Lawn & Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad Concentrate 3. Monterey Take Down Garden Spray - RTU and 4. (Sevin) Malathion (be careful of Sevin it's can be toxic, just fallow instructions and it should be cool.
The Cyonara RTS I could only find for a lawn/garden hose application, nothing found in smaller quantities for our needs here. I emailed a company that sells it to see if I can get it smaller indoor grow size amounts.

If anyone has another idea please let me know of your experiences in this area, Thank you for your help!!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't have any experience with these bugs, but looking, pyrethrin or spinosad are both supposed to be useful against them. Pyrethrin is an extract from chrysanthemum and spinosad is made from fermented bacteria. Both should be suitable for veg on marijuana, I cannot speak to using them during flower, somebody with experience would be better to listen to on that. Either way good luck bro and welcome!

troutman

Seed Whore
I used Malathion this Summer for outdoor plants and it works great.

It breaks down in about 2 weeks. If it rains it breaks down faster. I only used it before the plants
were into flowering. I actually sprayed more around the plants then on them to create a sort of
barrier to let all insects know that my garden is not a happy place for them.

Make sure you're always standing upwind if you use any sprays. Some people tend to forget the obvious.

GORT

I just finished using Monterey Garden veg. and absolutely drenched them underside as well.
Let's give it a few days and see what it brings us.

Latest posts

Latest posts