What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Sparkus_Maximus

Congo girl (back right) early flowering. Honduran Lady (left back corner), G.T. girl in the middle. Nearly zero veg time, 11/13 from seed, with the Honduran regenerated after the weather outdoors turned shitty this season.

mr.pistil

Wow! Outstanding thread!! Hats off to some amazing plants, and growers.

Just finished the thread. Ordered seeds today! Should be here in time for new grow. Now, if I can only persuade the wife on a larger out building ….
Pop two Honduran seeds on the 6th. Both are up! Using Doc Bud's High Brix system - soil (Promix, EWC and ground up rocks) and liquid nutes. Will post an update periodically. Dubi, I believe you suggested switching to flower around day 15. Yes?

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46

Herbert Chickybaby

Hey yo, y'all! I'm a newb outdoor grower and located in NE Thailand, Isaan, land o' Thai stix, and yes I just had a good run with a couple of local strains of some sort, got some seedlings off a stoner farmer guy at the market and did not grow them particularly well, they hermed but still I can confirm a few ounces of surprisingly good smoke, tons of seeds and has improved after even just a few weeks cure. The plants and smoke is much more flavorful and aromatic than local bud I have bought. So there's the local strains and I am going to run some Lao strains next June and then in August that I got from Real Seeds, also Real Seeds Burmese.

But, what I'm wondering about is if its possible to grow Honduras and other Latin American strains and get good results planting in August and harvesting in March/April. Has anyone tried this? This is the traditional prefrred cannabis grow period around here and it works for SE Asian strains, the plants will cooperate with that and the rains and humid weather tails off in December and these strains are willing to bloom in March when you won't have issues with rain and humidity, though potentially with heat 40-42 degrees celsius/ 100-105 farenheit highs sometimes for 2-3 weeks in March, April, May. I haven't tried it myself, but the August-March time table makes sense to me. With my plants I just harvested here, they did fine with the heavy rains in August and September, but I had to rush and harvest because powdery mildew was starting to set in and botyritis as well around mid-November, it had stopped raining pretty much but was quite humid and overcast for a few days and the air became stagnant and the plants got hit just as they were about done.

Honduras, looks right up my alley, I'm really interested to try the old classic mexicans and Colombians, so this looks very interesting. I grew up in California in the 70's and we had a lot of stale left over Colombian as the only stuff available, so I'm really interested to sample some Colombian as it should be. I remember Colombian's sometimes panic inducing psychedelia, we used to relish the paranoia, kin dof thrilling for us kids and we'd smoke and break into places at night go running around in the mountains at night etc. like a bunch of coyotes! So I suppose that old ol 'lumbo was not that bad, it didn't taste or smell or look good at all tho, like mold and dirt heheh!

mr.pistil

A little update on my two Honduras. Today is D3 from flip. One male (short one) and one Female (tall one). Woulda thought it would be the opposite. Appears to be two different phenos. The short one has wider leaves, tall narrower. Also, the tall one has double serrations on the upper leaves.

I culled the male today as I don't have room and never intended to breed. Pic were taken today. Appreciate hearing from those who have grown Honduras if you've seen phenos like this as well as the double serration. Thx.

IMG_2789.jpeg
IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2788.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
lucky you Herbert Chickybaby i love Thailand so much, hope you are having a good life there! :)
Yeah, pure Honduras and our most tropical sativa strains like Ethiopian, Mauritius x Ethiopian, Oldtimer's Haze, New Caledonia, Thai Chiang Mai, .... will all do great at your latitude and tropical environment. Check on our website the strain descriptions of these tropical sativas strains and hybrids > Additional Information > Growing Tips > and check those sativa strains of your taste that are especially recommended for tropical/subtropical outdoor growing.

It may take time, but i'm sure that at the end you will find good quality (and not so hermie) pure Thai plants coming from bagseed there, just grow enough seeds from the very best batches, and try to reproduce them yourself by choosing best females and male plants without intersex traits. Also, becareful on contaminating local Thai genetics with foreign genetics, if you decide to grow foreign genetics then better grow them sinsemilla or do indoor controlled pollinations for the hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great there @mr.pistil ;) very healthy couple, stunning vigor always on the Honduras.
Yep, usually taller plants are male at sexing time within same strain population.

And in each pheno (Mexican or Colombian) you can find taller or smaller plants, although the Colombian leaning plants are usually taller and lankier in average. Let's she how does the female express herself during flowering so we can evaluate more traits like flower structures, aromas, colors, type of pistils, etc ....

mr.pistil

A quick update on my one Honduras. Today is Day 16 from flipping. The rate of growth is unbelievable! The plant is already 36"! Just starting to see hints of flowers forming.

I'm definitely going to have to top or supercrop her. VM, any suggestions regarding this? I've only got about 7' from floor to ceiling. The pot takes up a foot and and I need to stay about a foot away from the light (LED), which is fixed to the ceiling.

IMG_2811.jpeg
IMG_2812.jpeg

RobFromTX

Does anyone know if it would be possible to grow this strain out in one gallon fabric pots or is that just a crazy question? Would it cause them to hermie? from stress of root space? I plan on growing some panama and new caledonia as well and im just curious if anyones done that. Ive never grown any ace gear in anything less than 3 gallons myself

mr.pistil

Does anyone know if it would be possible to grow this strain out in one gallon fabric pots or is that just a crazy question? Would it cause them to hermie? from stress of root space? I plan on growing some panama and new caledonia as well and im just curious if anyones done that. Ive never grown any ace gear in anything less than 3 gallons myself
Rob, it will be interesting to see how your grow goes and if the plant will "adapt" to such a small space. I was hoping that by using a smaller pot I could keep my Honduras (Ace) plant "contained." Not! I'm running her in a 7gal "trade" pot, which is smaller than my standard 7gal premium nursery pots. I switched her to F at D21 (from seed) which is a little later than dubi recommends. I'm at the end of F week 4 and it's getting root bound. Other than being big and root bound, I haven't seen any other issues. Today is FD28 and she's 56" tall and would be 4' wide if I hadn't hacked her up.

I was hoping to keep her contained a bit as she's indoors in the basement with 7.5' ceilings. Not happening so I'm working on bending her over, pruning the low side branches and super cropping the top side branches. Here's some pics - not very good - as everything is to crowded!

Keep us posted on her progress.

Honduras FD29.jpeg
Honduras FD29 %22bend%22.jpeg
Honduras FD29 main growth tip.jpeg

RobFromTX

Rob, it will be interesting to see how your grow goes and if the plant will "adapt" to such a small space. I was hoping that by using a smaller pot I could keep my Honduras (Ace) plant "contained." Not! I'm running her in a 7gal "trade" pot, which is smaller than my standard 7gal premium nursery pots. I switched her to F at D21 (from seed) which is a little later than dubi recommends. I'm at the end of F week 4 and it's getting root bound. Other than being big and root bound, I haven't seen any other issues. Today is FD28 and she's 56" tall and would be 4' wide if I hadn't hacked her up.

I was hoping to keep her contained a bit as she's indoors in the basement with 7.5' ceilings. Not happening so I'm working on bending her over, pruning the low side branches and super cropping the top side branches. Here's some pics - not very good - as everything is to crowded!

Keep us posted on her progress.

View attachment 18807806 View attachment 18807807 View attachment 18807808
Gotta love those leaves! Thats exactly how my honduras x panama looked. I'll probably just stick to the 3 gallons. Dubi knows his stuff

mr.pistil

Rob, I'm anxious to know what pheno I have-hoping for the late flowering too. Based on the phenos you've identified, I'd appreciate your opinion on which one I might have?

Here's a few pics. This plant is a wild women! I flipped her at day 21 from seed (had to wait for a couple of other plants to get some height) and she's wrapping up week 7 after flip. As you can see, I had to bend her over and had to super crop every branch to keep her out of the lights (I'm not succeeding!) Her canopy is covering a 4x4' area and there's weeks to go.

First pic - "the bend". 2nd shows central and side branching - main leader is to the left. 3rd is a close up of the central branch top flower. Not the best pics as she's overgrown 4 Tangerine Dreams as is hard to see.
Honduras FD48 bend.jpeg
Hon. FD48 main branch.jpeg
Hon FD48 Flower closeup.jpeg

RobFromTX

A quick update. Buds are forming nicely. She's really suffering (leaf doing an elf shoe curl bottom/middle of pic) being so close to the lights, but nothing I can do. Once I can move the two plants "underneath" her, I'll do a more detailed update.

View attachment 18818779
Beautiful! Hard to tell which pheno at that point. The two phenos i had looked pretty similar early in flower. I see some hints of purple though

Last edited: