What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guatemala sativa

2scoot

Yoss33 - beautiful plants and colors! Looking to pop a few of these and see what I can do indoors under big lights.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah yoss! What a beautiful Guatemala you have had this season :huggg:

Thanks for sharing your results and for keep growing our genetics.

sebasadmon

Hello,

I have a couple of Guatemala Phenotype growing up at this moment, they are outdoor but, they showed the sex at the 7th node, after 40 days of growing (both exactly the same day), wich is male. Im froom Colombia, so the latitude is like N 6° (12/12 photoperiod) and Guatemala is N 15°. Why Guatemala Strain showed the sex so soon? also, I have a couple of strains more from Ace Seeds: Malawi, Panama Haze, Zamaldelica and Congo. Will it happen the same with these phenotypes? should I bring more light to these plants?

Thanks

Foxen

I popped 5 Guatemala seeds, 2 males and 3 females. I was planning on breeding my males but both of them grew pistils from their male flowers, thus they got culled. I haven't flowered out the females yet to find out if they are hermie.

lrie

Hellooo there Dubi and friends! Psyphish's friend here.
First of all the genetics here are awesome. Plants were fairly easy to cultivate indoors but required a bit more work. Lots and lots of cropping and removing of small pistils from the bottom of the plant.
The high, holy shiet the high was pleasant especially after atleast few months of cure. We had two phenos as mentioned before and both of them were very unique. Longer flowering pheno would've definately been a keepper if the circumstances would've allowed us to keep on growing. Very clear, energetic, motivating, care free, happy and all in all very optimistic mind set high.
Thank you guys for reserving and sharing these awesome genetics :) Much love!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Irie,

I'm glad you have enjoyed the effects of Guatemala so much :)
Thanks to you for the feedback and for supporting our work :yes:

west-eu

Guatemala
picture.php

Ncali

Veteran
What excellent plants west! How are they with height restrictions... any detail how they adapt to indoor environments?

west-eu

What excellent plants west! How are they with height restrictions... any detail how they adapt to indoor environments?

she's indoor friendly , doesn't branch out much from the girl i have and don't stretch as much as other sativa

west-eu

Hi west-eu,

Really nice chunky and good yielding indoor Guatemala you have there! :) I'm glad she is delivering the interesting strawberry phenos that have been refined in Tikal line.

yep dubi nice strawberry smell and very good structure for indoor

it clone well too .... took this one in flo ... job done :biggrin:
picture.php

led05

Chasing The Present
Hi west-eu,

Really nice chunky and good yielding indoor Guatemala you have there! :) I'm glad she is delivering the interesting strawberry phenos that have been refined in Tikal line.

Dubi

I noticed Guatemala is no longer offered as a strain at Ace, any reasons as to why?

I find / found this strain to be an excellent breeding base and overall plant, the vigor of it is undeniable and even works well inside.

Why was it taken out of the "lineup", perhaps too good of a base stock ? :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi led05,

Glad you enjoyed with our Guatemala release, it's a very interesting central american landrace sativa, with very desirable uplifting effects, good indoor adaptability and a reasonable flowering time for a pure sativa. It's a very interestig sativa strain in pure form and for breeding.

We do our best to keep in stock all our previous releases, but as you know our catalogue is quite big, we offer many strains in both regular and feminized format, so it's very difficult to keep all the strains in all the formats permanently available. We also need to spend lots of resources to be able to preserve and reproduce new landraces and to breed new hybrids, so sometimes some lines must be discontinued to have resources for new projects.

Anyway, Guatemala has been available in pure form for a decade, and the best Guatemala traits are still present (and enhanced) in Tikal line. Guess you will be able to find some Guatemala packs left from online retailers.

YukonKronic

I made a cross! Zam fem x Guatemalan
I'm at F3 now Guatemalan nearly eliminated hermaphroditism from an overly (after I got it... not ACE) femmed and selfed line. Saw examples of sour lemon and strawberry phenotypes carry through with Zam maintaining trippyness and picking up a more cartoonish hilarious vibe to ameliorate the anxiety Zam can cause. Traits mixed fairly evenly with Zam all around with both influences clear in every plant.

I have been selecting for vigour compact heavy yield strawberry mango sour terpenes and intense trippy hilarious high. I'm mainly seeing only two phenotypes (another less common lemon one and even rarer woody sour also occur but much less frequently than last generation) One Guatemalan dominant with slightly better bud structure calyx/leaf and compact robust flowering that carries strawberry and candy predominantly.
Another with stronger Zam influence that exhibits leafier buds more lanky stretching stems INTENSE candy floral scent with powerful strawberry jam background and long Thai looking pistils.
The Zam Dom seems about a week slower to initiate flowering.
Im considering femming the two and finding a perfect blend then cross it to a male that came from a BX (sort of I think?) to a Zam fem of extreme resin production. From there I'll continue in crosses towards something fairly stable.