What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze Freak

thefoetus

Hi Ojd,

Very impressed with photos I've seen of Haze Freak, and I read a test grow which seemed pretty decent. I think this may be what we're after and plan to buy a few packs shortly.

Could you clarify the breeding process you used? (It may be simpler than I imagine, but have smoked a fair amount of 5Haze today :biggrin:

Genetics: AG13 Cookies Male x AG13 Haze Cut

"Using the legendary AG13 Haze Cut that Nevil selected in the 80's and has been kept alive by some serious haze connoisseurs in Holland. Hit with a AG13 Cookie Male (more AG13 dominate) and have hit her back to the AG13 Haze Cut."

So you took the elite cutting: AG13
"Hit with a AG13 Cookie Male" so it was then: AG13 x (AG13 x GSC)
"and have hit her back to the AG13 Haze Cut" - So the seeds are then: AG13 x [AG13 x (AG13 x GSC)]
which would make them:
87.5% AG13
12.5% GSC

But the genetic listing is AG13 Cookies Male x AG13 Haze Cut which would be just 75% AG13.

Please help :)

UncleBens

Also interested in knowing this.
Got some 90s haze beans yesterday and will be running them shortly, but planning on doing a hazier haze right after them. Ive been trying to find out info/grows of haze freak, can anyone point me in the right direction? :)

Last edited:

thefoetus

Also interested in knowing this.
Got some 90s haze beans yesterday and will be running them shortly, but planning on doing a hazier haze right after them. Ive been trying to find out info/grows of haze freak, can anyone point me in the right direction? :)

Good luck with the 90s Haze, UncleBens. Also interested in the upcoming 'Nevil the G' strain I hear about. It's meant to be Nevs Mango x soma AG13 (though I read somewhere Nevil saying he passed on CG13 rather than AG13).

If ojd is holding the Soma G13 male, perhaps it's more likely that Haze Freak is a work along that line, rather than a 'legendary AG13 Haze Cut that Nevil selected in the 80's and has been kept alive by some serious haze connoisseurs in Holland'.

J

jaded1

The cut used was the ag13 haze cut thefoetus.I did a test thread on the haze freak that is in the test grows section.The freak male came from femmed gsc x ag13 haze beans

UncleBens

The cut used was the ag13 haze cut thefoetus.I did a test thread on the haze freak that is in the test grows section.The freak male came from femmed gsc x ag13 haze beans

Just had a quick look through your thread, nice grow. Have you grown any other of OJD's hazes? Quite like the look of the OJ's haze too... Just looking for the haziest strain he has to offer really :)

J

jaded1

Haven't tried any of ojd's newer haze offerings unc but have tried quite a few of his older haze offerings.My fave was the old school haze with the freak a close 2nd.Freak was stonger smoke but the best plant from the osh had everything I want from a haze.
picture.php

UncleBens

Looks great too :yes: I wonder why he discontinued the old school haze, I see a lot of people praising it.
Ill probably grab a pack of Haze Freak, no idea when i can pop them though haha

UncleBens

So it was a male that was found in some fem beans?
I just got a pack of these today, wont be running them for a while but im definately looking forward to trying them. :yes:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey foetus and unclebens , sorry for late reply

The lineage of Haze freak is AG13 clone x GSC reversed
A male was found and hit back to the AG13 Haze cut
So = AG13 x GSC x AG13
The Haze freak line is very Haze dominant

I have the East Coast Sour Freak that i will release at the end of the year which = ECSD clone x Haze freak Male
Comes out very stretchy and needs 12 weeks but wow that flavour and potency is hard to beat

Peace

rolandomota

Guess I will change my strain name it's skunk x original haze x Freakshow or freaky haze from now on I was thinking haze freak but ...

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I have one of these going. It smells like artificial Mango. Like that weird scent from a car wash perfume dispenser. This one has been very finicky and doesn't care for too much water. Does better dry. And it is currently showing variegation on some leaves.
the smoke reports are extremely uplifting and positive. Feel good vibes..
I think I'm going to pop a couple more to see if I have an anomaly on my hands. I thought I had read this one was going to put out chocolate aromas?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have one of these going. It smells like artificial Mango. Like that weird scent from a car wash perfume dispenser. This one has been very finicky and doesn't care for too much water. Does better dry. And it is currently showing variegation on some leaves.
the smoke reports are extremely uplifting and positive. Feel good vibes..
I think I'm going to pop a couple more to see if I have an anomaly on my hands. I thought I had read this one was going to put out chocolate aromas?

Hi

sounds like a nice pheno you found , throw some plant pics or dry bud shots if you have any.

There is quite a range of expressions on the Haze Freak and Freak X's as a heavy Haze dom x with a heavy indica dom so many expressions show but 70% heavy Haze dom on most phenos.
ive not found any Chocolate phenos myself but defo some dank sweet cookie phenos that maybe you could find/interpret as some Chocolate in there.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
Hi

sounds like a nice pheno you found , throw some plant pics or dry bud shots if you have any.

There is quite a range of expressions on the Haze Freak and Freak X's as a heavy Haze dom x with a heavy indica dom so many expressions show but 70% heavy Haze dom on most phenos.
ive not found any Chocolate phenos myself but defo some dank sweet cookie phenos that maybe you could find/interpret as some Chocolate in there.

20211108_174434.jpg