What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

120cmx120cm vert?

ODF

I am setting up a small grow in a 120x120 tent.

Was set on going with 600w, adjustawing and a cooltube over 9 girls in 20 liter growbags.

But then I got to thinking.

What if I remove the middle girl and hang my 600w in the tube vertically in the middle? Perhaps rotating the girls daily?

Is it a good idea or is it better to do it the old fashioned way?

I'm in a phase of trying new things before setting up something permanent and vert should be fun, right?

:tiphat:

ODF

I can't edit since I'm on a new account.

Been reading up quite a bit and have a better grasp on what I need to do. Of course there will be no rotating. If I go the vert route I'll trim and prune from the start to make the girls "half". Only active towards the light. I'd try to start early and keep it an ongoing process since I'd be in soil and wouldn't want them to waste energy and nutrients on building to much only for me to chop it off.

Other than that I think it might be worth a shot.

More reading to do but it seems it could be a beneficial move to make.

Iamnumber

Hi,

Thinking about vertical setup (again).

are you planning to use cooltube in vertical?

How will you ensure treatment/ watering access to all plants? (remove few to gain access to center under cooltube? tent opens up from various sides to allow access?

I was thinking about disk that rotates around the lamp on which the plants (and scrog sit on). Each plant can be turned or taken out for treatment. Access to bulb will be a bugger but manageable.

ODF

I left this project for now.

If I were to do it I'd have a tent that opens on 3 sides and cut back pretty much all outside growth. Cooltube would be my choice since it would make managing temps easier. In a perfect world I wouldn't have to use a tent.

One fan on the floor in the middle blowing up.